|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXIV and XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who studied under Carl Czerny and began his public career at the age of 11, appearing at the Teatro San Benedetto, Venice, in 1843?
(a) William Sterndale Bennett.
(b) Theodor Döhler.
(c) Louis Moreau Gottschalk.
(d) Alfred Jaëll.
2. Who credited Nicholas Rubinstein as his chief teacher and said Liszt was too old to teach him?
(a) Emil von Sauer.
(b) Alfred Grunfeld.
(d) Moriz Rosenthal.
3. Where was Louis Moreau Gottschalk born?
(d) New Orleans.
4. When was Johann Hummel born?
5. What was an ill-defined method of balanced playing where stronger emphasized notes were offset by lesser emphasized notes?
(b) Tempo rubato.
Short Answer Questions
1. What German pianist, conductor, and composer of Czech birth was a pupil of B. D. Weber in Prague and of Albrechtsberger and Salieri in Vienna?
2. What term refers to a group of eight interrelated notes?
3. Where was Ignacy Jan Paderewski from?
4. What German composer and a notable piano virtuoso of the Romantic period studied under Julius Benedict, Carl Czerny, and Simon Sechte?
5. When did Louis Moreau Gottschalk die?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)