|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXIV and XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter VI, In the Interim describes the last two decades of what century?
2. When was Carl Maria Friedrich Ernst von Weber born?
3. What country did Eugene d'Albert consider to be his spiritual home?
4. What pianist was born en route between Cassel and Berlin and played with most superficial brilliance?
(a) Johann Nepomuk Hummel.
(b) Ignaz Moscheles.
(c) Carl Czerny.
(d) Friedrich Kalkbrenner.
5. What German composer and pianist is considered to have been the most crucial figure in the transitional period between the Classical and Romantic eras in Western classical music?
(a) Ignacy Jan Paderewski.
(b) Ludwig van Beethoven.
(c) Eugene d'Albert.
(d) Theodor Leschetizky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first great pianist who made a clear break with classicism to set romantic pianism on its course?
2. What is the term used to describe an elegant drawing room used in formal receptions that is different in layout and size than a public hall or auditorium used for concerts?
3. What is the name of a term used to describe a piano playing style that was a brilliant romanticist musical approach that transcended technique and was made famous by Franz Liszt and others?
4. Vladimir de Pachmann dressed in a smelly, old gown he claimed was whose?
5. What pianist was born November 14, 1778, in Bohemia?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)