|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXIV and XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What German Romantic composer of orchestral and choral works was born in 1809 in Hamburg?
(a) Friedrich Kalkbrenner.
(b) Felix Mendelssohn.
(c) Ignaz Moscheles.
(d) Carl Czerny.
2. Where did Paderewski debut in 1887?
(d) New York.
3. From 1750 to 1824, London music shops grew from 12 to how many?
4. Where was Ignacy Jan Paderewski from?
5. What country did Eugene d'Albert consider to be his spiritual home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Polish student of Franz Liszt amazed fellow pianists with his speed, power and endurance?
2. Chapter VI, In the Interim describes the last two decades of what century?
3. Who was the rival of Franz Liszt?
4. What is the term used to describe an elegant drawing room used in formal receptions that is different in layout and size than a public hall or auditorium used for concerts?
5. What German pianist, conductor, and composer of Czech birth was a pupil of B. D. Weber in Prague and of Albrechtsberger and Salieri in Vienna?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)