|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXIV and XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eugene d'Albert born?
(d) The United States.
2. Who played melody with his thumbs in the middle of the keyboard while his fingers played arpeggios up and down the keyboard?
(a) Sigismond Thalberg.
(b) Bertold Hummel.
(c) Franz Liszt.
(d) Friedrich Chopin.
3. What Polish student of Franz Liszt amazed fellow pianists with his speed, power and endurance?
(a) Emil von Sauer.
(b) Moriz Rosenthal.
(c) Alfred Grunfeld.
4. What term refers to a group of eight interrelated notes?
5. What musician played like a skilled de Pachmann, according to the author?
(a) Vassily Sapellnikoff.
(b) Percy Grainger.
(c) Moriz Rosenthal.
(d) Alfred Grunfeld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was William Sterndale Bennett from?
2. What pianist never played in public but stayed in Vienna to teach pupils and compose over a thousand published works?
3. Chopin considered Bach and who to be the only two great composers?
4. When was Frédéric Chopin born?
5. What romantic Polish pianist born in 1830 spent most of his life after 1878 in Vienna?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)