|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVIII and XXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Liszt have rooms between Weimar and Budapest?
(a) Dublin, Ireland.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) The Lourvre.
(d) The Vatican.
2. What German Romantic composer of orchestral and choral works was born in 1809 in Hamburg?
(a) Carl Czerny.
(b) Ignaz Moscheles.
(c) Felix Mendelssohn.
(d) Friedrich Kalkbrenner.
3. Whose austere Russian appearance produced organized, impeccably delivered serious sonorities with musical elegance and exquisitely finished phrases?
(a) Josef Lhevinne's.
(c) Sergei Rachmaninoff's.
(d) Isadora Duncan's.
4. What German pianist and composer was a pupil of Hummel and Sechter and became court pianist in St Petersburg?
(a) Adolf von Henselt.
(b) Carl Czerny.
(d) Friedrich Chopin.
5. What nickname referred to Eugene d'Albert?
(b) "The Little Giant."
(c) "Brahma of the Keyboard."
(d) "The Maestro."
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whom did Ignacy Jan Paderewski study piano?
2. Two Hungarian countesses wrestled to the ground over what object belonging to Franz Liszt?
3. What term refers to an individual who possesses outstanding technical ability in the fine arts, at singing or playing a musical instrument?
4. Who embellished a Chopin nocturne, prompting Chopin to tell him to play it as he wrote it or not at all?
5. Where was Eugene d'Albert born?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)