|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXVIII and XXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Frédéric Chopin die?
2. Where was Franz Liszt musical director and the location of the headquarters for "Music of the Future"?
(a) Weimar court.
(b) Buckingham court.
(c) Liszt court.
(d) Hammel court.
3. In what year did the romantic upheaval take place in music?
4. Under whom did Ignacy Jan Paderewski study piano?
(a) Ludwig van Beethoven.
(b) Theodor Leschetizky.
(c) Eugene d'Albert.
(d) Bartolommeo Cristofori.
5. What was an ill-defined method of balanced playing where stronger emphasized notes were offset by lesser emphasized notes?
(a) Tempo rubato.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two Hungarian countesses wrestled to the ground over what object belonging to Franz Liszt?
2. What Polish student of Franz Liszt amazed fellow pianists with his speed, power and endurance?
3. What term is used to describe the late nineteenth and twentieth century disciplined style of piano playing in which the pianist reverts back to playing with strict adherence to composers' written musical note?
4. Chopin considered Bach and who to be the only two great composers?
5. When did Chopin arrive in Paris as a fully-developed composer and pianist?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)