Preface through Chapter V
1. In what year was the piano invented?
2. Who invented the piano?
(a) Adolf von Henselt.
(b) John Field.
(c) Bartolomeo Cristofori.
(d) Muzio Clementi.
3. What celebrated pianist and composer was born March 10 1832 in Evesham, Worcestershire, England?
(a) Bartolomeo Cristofori.
(b) Muzio Clementi.
(c) Adolf von Henselt.
(d) John Field.
4. In what year was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart born?
5. What refers to a keyboard instrument, precursor of the piano, in which the strings are plucked by leather or quill points connected with the keys, in common use from the 16th to the 18th century?
6. What refers to an early keyboard instrument producing a soft sound by means of metal blades attached to the inner ends of the keys gently striking the strings?
This section contains 3,444 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)