|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tim Braun had first gotten in touch with the FBI through what branch, according to the author in Part II: Chapter 56?
2. According to the author in Part II: Chapter 34, Somerset Medical Center’s internal investigation was being handled by whom?
3. When Amy Loughren examined Charlie Cullen’s Pyxis charts with Danny and Tim in Part II: Chapter 46, she pointed out that Charlie was ordering dig about how many times a month?
4. Who was Amy’s friend that called and broke the news to her about Charlie Cullen being fired from the hospital in Part II: Chapter 42?
5. How much money did Charlie Cullen say he received from the out-of-court settlement when he sued Warren Hospital for discrimination in Part II: Chapter 59?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revelations did Amy Loughren have when studying Charles Cullen’s charts in Part II: Chapter 49?
2. What did Tim Braun suggest to the Somerset County Prosecutor in Part II: Chapter 36? How did the Prosecutor respond?
3. Why did Tim Braun tell his detectives to question the nurses at Somerset Medical about Amy Loughren?
4. What discovery did Amy Loughren make at Somerset Medical that led her to grasp how Charles Cullen was able to obtain medications in Part II: Chapter 51?
5. Where had Charles Cullen been hired in Part II: Chapter 56? How was this revealed to the detectives?
6. What new records had Danny and Tim obtained from Somerset Medical in Part II: Chapter 43? What did Danny and Tim glean from the reports?
7. What did the lab results from Reverend Gall’s autopsy reveal? How was his cause of death relisted?
8. Who called Amy Loughren during her meeting with Danny and Tim in Part II: Chapter 46? Why?
9. How did Amy Loughren learn of Charles Cullen’s termination from Somerset Medical? How did she respond?
10. What was decided in the meeting between Danny, Tim, and Dr. Mambo in Part II: Chapter 37?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What led to Charles Cullen’s obsession with Michelle Tomlinson? What behaviors did he exhibit toward Michelle that appeared as “warning signs” to her regarding her friend? How did Michelle respond to Charlie’s sentiments?Do you think that if Michelle had shared Charlie’s romantic interest there would have been any issues? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the psychological traits of Charles Cullen in the 1980s. When did Cullen first face problems with alcoholism? How was he treated? When and why did Cullen relapse into drinking? How did Cullen’s drinking affect his relationships? How did it affect his demeanor toward others?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the drugs discovered in the sharps bin at Saint Luke’s and Charles Cullen’s motivations for stealing and stashing these medications. Why do you think Cullen used the sharps bin as a storage place? How many of the drugs found here were capable of killing someone?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)