|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the author begin Part II: Chapter 53?
2. Where did Ed Zizik work a volunteer job since his retirement, according to the author in Part II: Chapter 39?
3. As Danny Baldwin and Tim Braun sorted through Charles Cullen’s employment history, they realized that Cullen’s medical career began in what year?
4. What was the school play that Amy was directing at her daughter’s school in Part II: Chapter 47?
5. How old was Ethel Duryea when she was gunned down on the sidewalk in Newark, New Jersey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Amy Loughren assist the detectives in Part II: Chapter 48? What did they think of her performance?
2. What had Tim Braun and Danny Bowers discovered about Charles Cullen’s work history in Part II: Chapter 33?
3. What did the paperwork consist of that was sent by Somerset Medical to Tim Braun and Danny Bowers in Part II: Chapter 31?
4. Why did Tim Braun tell his detectives to question the nurses at Somerset Medical about Amy Loughren?
5. Who called Amy Loughren during her meeting with Danny and Tim in Part II: Chapter 46? Why?
6. What was decided in the meeting between Danny, Tim, and Dr. Mambo in Part II: Chapter 37?
7. Who conducted and observed the autopsy of McKinley Crews in Part II: Chapter 30? What was concluded?
8. What discovery did Amy Loughren make at Somerset Medical that led her to grasp how Charles Cullen was able to obtain medications in Part II: Chapter 51?
9. Whom did Amy want to discuss the issue about before making a decision to help the detectives in Charlie’s case? What did she decide?
10. How does the author describe Tim Braun’s career history in Part II: Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dead ends that detectives Braun and Bowers experienced when dealing with Somerset Medical Center as they opened their investigation. Why was Somerset Medical unwilling to share the information from their internal investigation with the detectives? What obstacles did this create for Bowers and Braun?
Essay Topic 2
Amy Loughren’s response to the information she learned about Charles Cullen through Tim and Danny. How did Amy perceive the information she saw on Charlie’s Pyxis reports? How did Amy translate this information for the detectives? How important was Amy’s role in the investigation, trials, and conviction of Charles Cullen?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the obsessive qualities of Charles Cullen. How did Cullen’s obsession with Nurse Julie mirror his previous stalking of Michelle Tomlinson? How did Nurse Julie respond to Charlie’s admiration? Why were these issues not addressed by hospital administration?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)