|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Italian restaurant Amy Loughren arranged to meet Charlie Cullen at in Part II: Chapter 58?
2. What Spanish card game of chance is described in Part II: Chapter 52?
3. What is the name of the “hot new piece of FBI software” that “consolidated a sprawling pool of data into one searchable database,” according to the author in Part II: Chapter 36?
4. What was Reverend Gall’s first name?
5. According to Tim’s assessment in Part II: Chapter 48, Charles Cullen had worked at how many different hospitals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Tim Braun and Danny Bowers discovered about Charles Cullen’s work history in Part II: Chapter 33?
2. What did Tim Braun suggest to the Somerset County Prosecutor in Part II: Chapter 36? How did the Prosecutor respond?
3. What information did Tim Braun find for Edward Allatt in the computer system in Part II: Chapter 32?
4. Who attended the exhuming and autopsy of Reverend Gall in Part II: Chapter 40?
5. Where was a search warrant served during Charles Cullen’s interrogation in Part II: Chapter 55? What was found?
6. What was decided in the meeting between Danny, Tim, and Dr. Mambo in Part II: Chapter 37?
7. How was Danny Bowers and Tim Braun’s meeting with Dr. Steven Marcus described in Part II: Chapter 36?
8. What revelations did Amy Loughren have when studying Charles Cullen’s charts in Part II: Chapter 49?
9. How does the author describe Tim Braun’s career history in Part II: Chapter 29?
10. How did Amy Loughren learn of Charles Cullen’s termination from Somerset Medical? How did she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the drugs discovered in the sharps bin at Saint Luke’s and Charles Cullen’s motivations for stealing and stashing these medications. Why do you think Cullen used the sharps bin as a storage place? How many of the drugs found here were capable of killing someone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the investigation at Saint Barnabas Medical Center and the information gathered. How much of the evidence pointed to Charles Cullen? Why was the matter not turned over to police? What conclusions were drawn from the investigation?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the hiring and personnel practices within the medical profession. Prior to Charles Cullen’s case, what state or federal regulations existed regarding employment and personnel decisions within the medical profession? How were these laws amended following Cullen’s case? For how long must former personnel’s records remain on file today?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)