|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wang Lung's eldest son suggest they kill his uncle and his family in Chapter 27?
(a) By stabbing them.
(b) By drowning them.
(c) By shooting them.
(d) By poisoning them.
2. Wang Lung says in Chapter 20, "When a man's house is full of wild dogs he must" do what?
(a) "Protect himself."
(b) "Kill them."
(c) "Throw bones in their direction."
(d) "Seek peace elsewhere."
3. Whom does Wang Lung order to arrange the matter of renting a house in town for his family to move to in Chapter 29?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His eldest son.
(d) His youngest son.
4. How tall is the Western Pagoda said to be in Wang Lung's village in Chapter 18?
(a) 3 stories tall.
(b) 5 stories tall.
(c) 2 stories tall.
(d) 4 stories tall.
5. How much money does Wang Lung pay Ching as steward on Wang Lung's farm in Chapter 17?
(a) 2 silver pieces a month.
(b) 4 gold pieces a month.
(c) 2 gold pieces a month.
(d) 5 silver pieces a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to tell Wang Lung that his grandson has been born in Chapter 29?
2. How long after O-lan's death is her burial arranged to take place?
3. What color robes do the priests from the Buddhist temple wear that are summoned for O-lan's funeral?
4. For how long does Wang Lung refrain from going into town due to his anger after his uncle has moved onto his land in Chapter 20?
5. For how long does Wang Lung's soldier cousin stay in his house with the soldiers before departing for another war in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wang Lung's family go about relocating to the city in Chapter 29? Who is the last to leave the land?
2. What causes Wang Lung to become restless in Chapter 18?
3. What decision does Wang Lung make regarding his second-eldest son in Chapter 25?
4. What does Wang Lung's young cousin do that causes conflict in Wang Lung's house in Chapter 31?
5. What is the source of Wang Lung's main conflicts in Chapter 30?
6. What does Wang Lung do in preparation for Lotus's arrival at his home in Chapter 20? How is his behavior affected?
7. How does Wang Lung respond when O-lan warns him of his eldest son visiting Lotus in Chapter 24?
8. How does Wang Lung respond when he discovers his eldest son in Lotus's court in Chapter 24?
9. What does Wang Lung do in order to gain control over his uncle and his family in Chapter 28?
10. What causes the flooding in Chapter 27? How does the flooding impact Wang Lung's village?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)