|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wang Lung vow he must do in the end of Chapter 12?
(b) Sell his daughter into slavery.
(c) Return to his land.
(d) Kill himself.
2. Who assists O-lan in childbirth in Chapter 3?
(a) No one.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Old Mistress Wang.
3. How much of Wang Lung's land is said to be "a lake as deep as a man's shoulders and more" during the floods in Chapter 18?
4. What is described in Chapter 1 as the first sound that Wang Lung hears each morning when he awakens?
(a) A train whistle.
(b) His father's cough.
(c) A bluebird singing.
(d) The ocean waves.
5. What animals does Wang Lung observe and consider to be an evil omen in the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A nest of owls.
(b) A flock of crows.
(c) A pit of snakes.
(d) A pack of wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
2. What does O-lan refuse to leave out for Cuckoo in the mornings in Chapter 21?
3. Who moves into the quarters where Lotus used to live when Wang Lung's family moves into town in Chapter 29?
4. What does Wang Lung purchase to burn on the eve of the new year in Chapter 5?
5. What are Wang Lung's uncle and aunt compared to in Chapter 30?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)