|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the price of grain risen in Chapter 31?
(a) Because of a war.
(b) Because of a famine.
(c) Because of a flood.
(d) Because of a new merchant.
2. Who are the first members of Wang Lung's household that are moved to the new townhouse in Chapter 29?
(a) O-lan and the poor fool.
(b) Lotus and Cuckoo.
(c) Ching and Liu.
(d) Nung En and Nung Wen.
3. What does Wang Lung say he would buy if he had the riches of the wealthy in Chapter 14?
(c) Good food.
4. To whom does Wang Lung turn over all his financial matters in Chapter 30?
(a) His second eldest son.
(b) His youngest daughter.
(c) His eldest daughter.
(d) His uncle.
5. What is sewn onto the front of the hat that O-lin has made for her son when she goes to the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
(a) A lion.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A Buddha figure.
(d) A dancing tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wang Lung's father went to request a slave as a wife for his son, he requested what trait "above all"?
2. What does O-lan refuse to leave out for Cuckoo in the mornings in Chapter 21?
3. What does Wang Lung go to eat before taking his bride from the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
4. What suggestion of his eldest son's regarding his uncle does Wang Lung finally agree to in Chapter 27?
5. What color robes do the priests from the Taoist temple wear that come to lead O-lan's and Wang Lung's father's funeral?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)