|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wang Lung's aunt say Lotus "reeks of" when she helps her into her chambers in Chapter 20?
(a) "Sweat and men."
(b) "Onions and garlic."
(c) "Oil and wine."
(d) "Perfume and paint."
2. What name does the schoolmaster give to Wang Lung's eldest son in Chapter 17?
(c) Nung Wen.
(d) Nung En.
3. What are the New Year's cakes called that O-lan makes in Chapter 5?
(a) Lenten cakes.
(b) Sun cakes.
(c) Moon cakes.
(d) Rice cakes.
4. Who is the grain dealer that Lotus suggests Wang Lung speak to about marrying his son to the grain dealer's daughter in Chapter 23?
(a) Nung En.
(b) Nung Wen.
5. What are Wang Lung's uncle and aunt compared to in Chapter 30?
(a) "Fat, robust babies."
(b) "Old dry sticks."
(c) "Snakes and tigers."
(d) "Wet blankets."
Short Answer Questions
1. What drastic act does Wang Lung do in order to impress Lotus in Chapter 19?
2. What animals does Wang Lung observe and consider to be an evil omen in the end of Chapter 7?
3. Who built the Temple of the Earth where Wang Lung burns incense after his wedding?
4. For whom does Wang Lung buy a coffin for also when he purchases one for O-lan in Chapter 26?
5. When O-lan summons Cuckoo to her death bed in Chapter 26, she tells her that Cuckoo is what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)