|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wang Lung go to confront his uncle's wife in Chapter 7?
(a) Because he hopes to take a second wife.
(b) Because he is in love with her.
(c) Because he feels his female cousin should be married off.
(d) Because her sons are disrupting the town.
2. What does the barber suggest Wang Lung have removed on his wedding day?
(a) His braid.
(b) His nose-ring.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His earrings.
3. How much money does it cost to go to a public kitchen for rice gruel in the city in the south in Chapter 11?
(a) 5 pence.
(b) A penny.
(c) 2 pence.
(d) A silver coin.
4. What is the crashing sound that Wang Lung's family observes from their hut in Chapter 14?
(a) A bomb exploding by the public kitchen.
(b) The enemy breaking down the gate.
(c) Machine-gun fire.
(d) A tank rolling into town.
5. What is the name of the whore whom Wang Lung's eldest son has been frequenting in Chapter 23?
(a) Amber Rose.
(c) Pear Blossom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does O-lan make regarding the rich in Chapter 16?
2. Why does Wang Lung make his eldest sons work in his fields each day in Chapter 17?
3. Where did O-lan live as a child?
4. What does Wang Lung go to eat before taking his bride from the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
5. What does Wang Lung demand from O-lan to give to Lotus in Chapter 19?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)