|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does O-lan give to her two sons as Wang Lung's family departs for their journey in Chapter 10?
(a) Bone broth.
(b) Egg rolls.
(c) Bowls of rice.
2. What does Wang Lung begin referring to his daughter as in Chapter 9?
(a) Poor fool.
(c) Pear Blossom.
3. What season has begun in the beginning of Chapter 14?
4. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
(c) A long life.
5. What happened to Wang Lung's uncle's daughters while he and his family were in the city?
(a) They were sold.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They committed suicide.
(d) They starved to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wang Lung say he would buy if he had the riches of the wealthy in Chapter 14?
2. What does Wang Lung purchase to burn on the eve of the new year in Chapter 5?
3. Which of the jewels does O-lan ask for and keep for herself when she gives the rest to Wang Lung in Chapter 16?
4. Wang Lung's uncle says to him in Chapter 7, "I am a man of" what?
5. How much money does Wang Lung spend on an ox in Chapter 15?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)