|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Wang Lung born?
2. How much money does it cost to go to a public kitchen for rice gruel in the city in the south in Chapter 11?
(a) A penny.
(b) 2 pence.
(c) 5 pence.
(d) A silver coin.
3. What animals does Wang Lung observe and consider to be an evil omen in the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A pit of snakes.
(b) A pack of wolves.
(c) A nest of owls.
(d) A flock of crows.
4. What is described in Chapter 1 as the first sound that Wang Lung hears each morning when he awakens?
(a) The ocean waves.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) His father's cough.
(d) A bluebird singing.
5. Who is the priority in Wang Lung's home when the family is starving in Chapter 9?
(a) Wang Long's eldest son.
(b) Wang Lung's daughter.
(d) Wang Lung's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the southern city that Wang Lung's family lives in during the famine in Chapter 11?
2. How much money does Wang Lung spend on an ox in Chapter 15?
3. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
4. Who makes the hut from the mats that Wang Lung buys in the city in Chapter 11?
5. How much money does Wang Lung pay for the cost of transporting his family to the city in the south in Chapter 11?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)