|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crashing sound that Wang Lung's family observes from their hut in Chapter 14?
(a) A tank rolling into town.
(b) Machine-gun fire.
(c) A bomb exploding by the public kitchen.
(d) The enemy breaking down the gate.
2. Who is the priority in Wang Lung's home when the family is starving in Chapter 9?
(a) Wang Lung's father.
(b) Wang Lung's daughter.
(c) Wang Long's eldest son.
3. What does the barber suggest Wang Lung have removed on his wedding day?
(a) His braid.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His earrings.
(d) His nose-ring.
4. What is the name of Wang Lung's nearest neighbor that he regrets not having brought with him when he faces the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
(a) Pear Blossom.
5. Who makes the hut from the mats that Wang Lung buys in the city in Chapter 11?
(c) Wang Lung.
(d) Pear Blossom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wang Lung first observe young men in the city speaking of revolution in Chapter 11?
2. How is Wang Lung's uncle's wife described in Chapter 4?
3. From whom has Wang Lung bought a leg of pork that hangs in his house in Chapter 4?
4. What items did Wang Lung's father take to the House of Hwang to secure Wang Lung's marriage to their slave-girl?
5. Who built the Temple of the Earth where Wang Lung burns incense after his wedding?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)