|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do each of the eggs cost that Wang Lung purchases after his son is born?
(a) 4 pence.
(b) 1 penny.
(c) 5 pence.
(d) 2 pence.
2. Why does Wang Lung go to confront his uncle's wife in Chapter 7?
(a) Because her sons are disrupting the town.
(b) Because he hopes to take a second wife.
(c) Because he is in love with her.
(d) Because he feels his female cousin should be married off.
3. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
(b) A long life.
4. What does O-lan remark to Wang Lung about the child she has just given birth to in Chapter 7?
(a) "It is a son and a blessing to all."
(b) "It is a girl-child, and one that needs love."
(c) "It is only a slave this time - not worth mentioning."
(d) "I fear it has died."
5. What food does Ching give to Wang Lung before Wang's family departs for the south in Chapter 9?
(a) Water chestnuts.
(b) Bone broth.
(c) Rice bowls.
(d) Dried beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barber suggest Wang Lung have removed on his wedding day?
2. What presumably happens to Wang Lung's daughter that is born in Chapter 9?
3. What color are eggs died to celebrate when Wang Lung has a son in Chapter 3?
4. How many seed beans came up for Wang Lung's uncle of the twenty that he planted this year in Chapter 7?
5. What is sewn onto the front of the hat that O-lin has made for her son when she goes to the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)