|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals does Wang Lung observe and consider to be an evil omen in the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A pit of snakes.
(b) A pack of wolves.
(c) A flock of crows.
(d) A nest of owls.
2. What does O-lan do with the New Year's cakes she makes in Chapter 5?
(a) She eats them all.
(b) She gives them to her family.
(c) She feeds them to the poor.
(d) She gives them to Old Mistress Hwang as a gift.
3. How many children does Wang Lung's uncle have in Chapter 7?
4. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
(b) A long life.
5. How far is the distance described that Wang Lung's family must travel to reach the city in the south in Chapter 9?
(a) Over 100 miles.
(b) About 30 miles.
(c) Over 200 miles.
(d) About 70 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items did Wang Lung's father take to the House of Hwang to secure Wang Lung's marriage to their slave-girl?
2. Why does Wang Lung go to confront his uncle's wife in Chapter 7?
3. What does Wang Lung purchase to dye the eggs with in Chapter 4?
4. What does Wang Lung define one's land as being in Chapter 5?
5. Whom does O-lan suggest Wang Lung buy land from instead of from the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)