|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does O-lan suggest Wang Lung buy land from instead of from the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
(a) Wang Lung's uncle.
(b) Wang Lung's father.
2. What does Wang Lung begin referring to his daughter as in Chapter 9?
(a) Pear Blossom.
(c) Poor fool.
3. What does the barber suggest Wang Lung have removed on his wedding day?
(a) His braid.
(b) His earrings.
(c) His nose-ring.
(d) His shoes.
4. What does Wang Lung go to eat before taking his bride from the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
5. Who kills Wang Lung's ox in Chapter 8?
(a) Wang Lung's aunt.
(b) Wang Lung's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
2. What does Wang Lung's father compare drinking tea to in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Wang Lung's nearest neighbor that he regrets not having brought with him when he faces the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
4. Wang Lung's uncle says to him in Chapter 7, "I am a man of" what?
5. What is sewn onto the front of the hat that O-lin has made for her son when she goes to the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)