|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sewn onto the front of the hat that O-lin has made for her son when she goes to the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
(a) A Buddha figure.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A lion.
(d) A dancing tiger.
2. What does Wang Lung purchase to burn on the eve of the new year in Chapter 5?
(a) Five blue candles.
(b) Two red candles.
(c) Ten red candles.
(d) Six green candles.
3. What does the barber suggest Wang Lung have removed on his wedding day?
(a) His nose-ring.
(b) His braid.
(c) His earrings.
(d) His shoes.
4. Who built the Temple of the Earth where Wang Lung burns incense after his wedding?
(a) Wang Lung's grandfather.
(b) Wang Lung's uncle.
(c) Old Master Hwang.
(d) Wang Lung's father.
5. Where does O-lan dig a hole for she and Wang Lung to hide their silver in Chapter 4?
(a) Behind their bed.
(b) By the baby's bed.
(c) Behind the estate wall.
(d) By the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Wang Lung's female cousin that he and his uncle discuss in Chapter 7?
2. How is Wang Lung's uncle's wife described in Chapter 4?
3. What does Wang Lung go to eat before taking his bride from the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
4. What color is the suit that Wang Lung wears on his wedding day?
5. How many silver dollars does Wang Lung have in his purse when he sets out on his wedding day in Chapter 1?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)