|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gatekeeper demand of Wang Lung before admitting him to the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
(a) A silver coin.
(b) A letter of invite.
(c) A silver ring.
(d) His birth certificate.
2. What is the name of Wang Lung's nearest neighbor that he regrets not having brought with him when he faces the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
(a) Pear Blossom.
3. How is Wang Lung's uncle's wife described in Chapter 4?
(a) "Fat and lazy."
(b) "Like a fox."
(c) "Attractive and tidy."
(d) "Thin and waspy."
4. Of what drug does the Old Mistress partake during Wang Long's visit to retrieve his wife in Chapter 1?
5. Who is the priority in Wang Lung's home when the family is starving in Chapter 9?
(a) Wang Lung's father.
(b) Wang Lung's daughter.
(c) Wang Long's eldest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O-lan remark to Wang Lung about the child she has just given birth to in Chapter 7?
2. What animals does Wang Lung observe and consider to be an evil omen in the end of Chapter 7?
3. How far is the distance described that Wang Lung's family must travel to reach the city in the south in Chapter 9?
4. When Wang Lung's father went to request a slave as a wife for his son, he requested what trait "above all"?
5. What does Wang Lung go to eat before taking his bride from the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)