|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the fellow traveler tell Wang Lung the sleeping mats cost in the city in Chapter 11?
(a) 2 pence each.
(b) 1 penny each.
(c) 5 pence each.
(d) 1 gold coin each.
2. What food does O-lan give to her two sons as Wang Lung's family departs for their journey in Chapter 10?
(b) Bowls of rice.
(c) Egg rolls.
(d) Bone broth.
3. How old is Wang Lung's female cousin that he and his uncle discuss in Chapter 7?
4. How old is Ching said to be in Chapter 15?
(a) Over 50 years old.
(b) 27 years old.
(c) Less than 45 years old.
(d) Less than 35 years old.
5. Whom does O-lan suggest Wang Lung buy land from instead of from the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
(b) Wang Lung's father.
(d) Wang Lung's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Wang Lung refrain from going into town due to his anger after his uncle has moved onto his land in Chapter 20?
2. What presumably happens to Wang Lung's daughter that is born in Chapter 9?
3. What season has begun in the beginning of Chapter 14?
4. How many sons has O-lan borne for Wang Lung in Chapter 20?
5. Who is the first to discover and announce Wang Lung's love for another woman in Chapter 20?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)