|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O-lan do with the flier that has been given to Wang Lung by the blue-eyed man in Chapter 14?
(a) She cooks it.
(b) She sells it to a neighbor.
(c) She uses it for roofing material.
(d) She sews it into his shoe-soles.
2. How many pieces of silver does Wang Lung give to his aunt for arranging his purchase of Lotus?
3. How many children does Wang Lung's uncle have in Chapter 7?
4. How much money does Wang Lung pay for the cost of transporting his family to the city in the south in Chapter 11?
(a) 2 gold coins.
(b) About 20 silver coins.
(c) 5 silver coins.
(d) Less than 2 silver coins.
5. What causes Wang Lung to become angry with Lotus in Chapter 21?
(a) Lotus sleeps with Ching.
(b) Lotus scolds O-lan.
(c) Lotus curses his children.
(d) Lotus leaves the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wang Lung say he would buy if he had the riches of the wealthy in Chapter 14?
2. How much do each of the eggs cost that Wang Lung purchases after his son is born?
3. What does Wang Lung say to the rich man after taking his gold during the riot in Chapter 14?
4. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
5. What are the New Year's cakes called that O-lan makes in Chapter 5?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)