|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wang Lung begin referring to his daughter as in Chapter 9?
(a) Pear Blossom.
(d) Poor fool.
2. What does O-lan say she will do if Cuckoo or Lotus are allowed into her room after she has died in Chapter 26?
(a) She will arrange for a divorce.
(b) She will send back her spirit for a curse.
(c) She will curse her daughters to slavery.
(d) She will have her sister kill everyone.
3. Why does Wang Lung make his eldest sons work in his fields each day in Chapter 17?
(a) So they will fear him.
(b) So they will obey him.
(c) So they will become scholars.
(d) So they will not become idle and spoiled.
4. How does O-lan explain her growing illness to Wang Lung in Chapter 18?
(a) "The births have broken my womb."
(b) "My head is aching."
(c) "There is a pounding in my heart."
(d) "There is a fire in my vitals."
5. How long has it been since Wang Lung last saw his eldest son when he comes home to be wed in Chapter 26?
(a) Over 3 years.
(b) About 6 months.
(c) Over 2 years.
(d) Over 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What primary color is worn by the bride and groom at Wang Lung's son's wedding in Chapter 26?
2. What does Wang Lung's uncle ask of Wang Lung for his daughter's dowry in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Wang Lung go to confront his uncle's wife in Chapter 7?
4. What is the woman holding in the picture on the wall of the tea shop that Wang Lung becomes enamored with?
5. For whom does Wang Lung buy a coffin for also when he purchases one for O-lan in Chapter 26?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)