|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cuckoo's job at the tea house in Chapter 18?
(a) She cooks food in the kitchen.
(b) She solicits customers for the courtesans.
(c) She pours tea.
(d) She serves food.
2. What animals does Wang Lung observe and consider to be an evil omen in the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A nest of owls.
(b) A flock of crows.
(c) A pit of snakes.
(d) A pack of wolves.
3. Who is the priority in Wang Lung's home when the family is starving in Chapter 9?
(b) Wang Lung's father.
(c) Wang Long's eldest son.
(d) Wang Lung's daughter.
4. What does Wang Lung tell O-lan he would do if only it would heal her in Chapter 26?
(a) He would sell his daughters.
(b) He would sell all his land.
(c) He would leave Lotus.
(d) He would move into town.
5. How many children does Wang Lung's uncle have in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wang Lung's uncle ask of Wang Lung for his daughter's dowry in Chapter 7?
2. What is described as the color of mourning that Wang Lung and his family wears after O-lan's death?
3. What does O-lan promise Wang Lung she will do for their youngest daughter in Chapter 18?
4. How tall is the Western Pagoda said to be in Wang Lung's village in Chapter 18?
5. What gift does Wang Lung give to the teacher when he takes his sons to school in Chapter 17?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)