|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Ching give to Wang Lung before Wang's family departs for the south in Chapter 9?
(a) Bone broth.
(b) Rice bowls.
(c) Dried beans.
(d) Water chestnuts.
2. When O-lan summons Cuckoo to her death bed in Chapter 26, she tells her that Cuckoo is what?
(a) "Like a daughter."
(b) "A beautiful and faithful maid."
(c) "A lovely girl."
(d) "Still a slave."
3. What color robes do the priests from the Taoist temple wear that come to lead O-lan's and Wang Lung's father's funeral?
4. How tall is the Western Pagoda said to be in Wang Lung's village in Chapter 18?
(a) 4 stories tall.
(b) 5 stories tall.
(c) 2 stories tall.
(d) 3 stories tall.
5. How far is the distance described that Wang Lung's family must travel to reach the city in the south in Chapter 9?
(a) About 30 miles.
(b) Over 100 miles.
(c) About 70 miles.
(d) Over 200 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the schoolmaster give to Wang Lung's eldest son in Chapter 17?
2. How much money does Wang Lung pay Ching as steward on Wang Lung's farm in Chapter 17?
3. How many children does Wang Lung's uncle have in Chapter 7?
4. What does O-lan say she will do if Cuckoo or Lotus are allowed into her room after she has died in Chapter 26?
5. For whom does Wang Lung buy a coffin for also when he purchases one for O-lan in Chapter 26?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)