|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Wang Lung's eldest son when Wang sends him to be educated?
2. What presumably happens to Wang Lung's daughter that is born in Chapter 9?
(a) She is taken by soldiers.
(b) Wang Lung kills her.
(c) O-lan kills her.
(d) She is stillborn.
3. What does Wang Lung begin referring to his daughter as in Chapter 9?
(c) Poor fool.
(d) Pear Blossom.
4. How does Wang Lung's eldest son suggest they kill his uncle and his family in Chapter 27?
(a) By poisoning them.
(b) By drowning them.
(c) By stabbing them.
(d) By shooting them.
5. What drastic act does Wang Lung do in order to impress Lotus in Chapter 19?
(a) He cuts off his braid.
(b) He sells his wife.
(c) He buys a new home.
(d) He sells his land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the priority in Wang Lung's home when the family is starving in Chapter 9?
2. What animals does Wang Lung observe and consider to be an evil omen in the end of Chapter 7?
3. Who kills Wang Lung's ox in Chapter 8?
4. How long has it been since Wang Lung last saw his eldest son when he comes home to be wed in Chapter 26?
5. How many children does Wang Lung's uncle have in Chapter 7?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)