|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ranofer ask the Ancient about the two men hung for theft?
(a) How they were caught.
(b) If they had any children.
(c) If he knew who they were.
(d) If hanging is the only punishment for stealing from tombs.
2. What does the queen give Ranofer besides his request?
(a) New clothes and gifts for his friend.
(c) New sandals.
(d) A position in the palace guard.
3. What does the Ancient warn the boys to do?
(a) To work safely at their jobs.
(b) Be very careful.
(c) To not implicate themselves with Gebu.
(d) To say nothing to anyone.
4. What does Ranofer take to the bottom of the opening where he jumped?
(a) A slide.
(b) A waterway.
(c) A stone walkway.
(d) A tunnel.
5. Why does Ranofer sneak upstairs to Gebu's room?
(a) He needs a clean shirt.
(b) He has no food and is looking for some.
(c) He needs a needle and thread.
(d) He wants to find some gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranofer ask for when the queen wants to give him a reward?
2. What does Ranofer do when he is frightened?
3. What does Ranofer spend the morning thinking about?
4. Why is Ranaofer filled with fear when he goes home?
5. What does Ranofer realize Gebu is wearing that is new?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ranofer realize about Gebu's possessions and what do the three friends decide to do?
2. Why do you think Ranofer believes Gebu is stealing again?
3. What are Heqet and the Ancient doing while Ranofer is trying to catch Gebu?
4. What does Ranofer do when he runs away from Gebu in the tomb?
5. Where is the first place Ranofer looks for help? What does he do after that?
6. Who pulls Ranofer aside after he speaks with the queen? What does he ask and what does Ranofer tell him?
7. What does Ranofer know because of following Gebu and how does he end up in the tunnel?
8. What does Ranofer ask the Ancient about the two men who were hung, what was the Ancient's response and why does it scare Ranofer?
9. What do the three friends decide to do at the tombs after Ranofer meets with them?
10. What do you think of the ending and what moral might be inferred from it?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)