|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place Gebu goes the first time Ranofer follows him?
(a) To the palace.
(b) To the shop.
(c) To Wenamon's house.
(d) To the tombs.
2. Why is Ranaofer filled with fear when he goes home?
(a) He missed a work day and has no pay for Gebu.
(b) He thinks the Ancient is sick.
(c) He thinks he might be beat that night.
(d) He decides to follow Gebu the next day.
3. What do Ranofer and his friends decide to do about Gebu?
(a) Turn him in to the authorities.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Spy on him and his friends.
(d) Talk to them.
4. Where does Gebu hide the golden goblet?
(a) In the scroll room.
(b) In the hills near the river.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In the judge's tomb.
5. What does Ranofer knock over in the tomb?
(a) A scepter.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A vase.
(d) A statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranofer say about the location of the goblet?
2. Who stops Ranofer as he races across the palace grounds?
3. Why do Heqet and the Ancient stay by the rock Ranofer put over the opening?
4. Why do you think Ranofer is following Gebu?
5. What is at the location where Gebu and Wenamon disappear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ranofer think about the whole day after his actions looking for food the night before and what does he finally decide to do?
2. Where do Ranofer and Heqet follow Gebu and Wenamon and what do they decide?
3. What do the three friends decide to do at the tombs after Ranofer meets with them?
4. What does the midget and then the queen make Ranofer do?
5. What does Ranofer do when Gebu does not give him any supper and what does he find?
6. What does Ranofer see when he follows Gebu into the valley and what might that tell the reader?
7. What does Ranofer ask the Ancient about the two men who were hung, what was the Ancient's response and why does it scare Ranofer?
8. What has Ranofer proven to the queen and how does that help him?
9. What does Ranofer do when he runs away from Gebu in the tomb?
10. What kind of people does Ranofer now have in his life and why might a reader be happy about it?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)