|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Gebu come to the shop?
(a) Once a week.
(d) Once a day.
2. What does Ranofer realize when he sees someone eating by the apprentice's quarters?
(a) He forgot to eat breakfast.
(b) He has had little to eat lately.
(c) His brother gives him little food.
(d) He was supposed to shop for food yesterday.
3. What is Ranofer often tempted to do when working?
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Run away.
4. What does Ranofer decide later in the week about Ibni?
(a) He is a good person.
(b) He is taking advantage of Ranofer.
(c) He will make Ranofer a party to his schemes.
(d) He is wrong for his sister.
5. What does Ranofer often do on his lunch hour?
(a) Wander the city.
(c) Study the jewelry in the market.
(d) Read scrolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Ranofer and Heqet while they are arguing?
2. What does Heqet ask Ranofer?
3. What does Ranofer look for when he gets home?
4. What does Ranofer tell Gebu when he asks about speaking to Ibni that day?
5. What does Ranofer see another apprentice struggle with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ranofer tell Heqet and what do they decide?
2. About eight days after Ranofer talked to Heqet what does he see on the way home?
3. What does Ranofer believe made noises in the night? How does he respond to his belief?
4. What does Ranofer do when he finally arrives home?
5. What does Rekh ask Ranofer to show him and then what does he tell him to do? How does Ranofer feel about this?
6. How does Ranofer find his new job and why do you think he works so hard at it?
7. What does Ranofer learn that makes him think about Ibni's request?
8. In Chapter 6, where does Ranofer report for work, what does he do at work, and how does it affect him?
9. Where does Ranofer work and what would he rather be doing? How would you feel if you were Ranofer?
10. What does Ranofer become aware of about a week after his new job? What does he think of it?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)