|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rekh ask Ranofer?
(a) How he would pour gold.
(b) How he would make ornamental leaves.
(c) How he would make a box.
(d) How to make charcoal.
2. How does Ranofer feel physically after working the first day at his brother's shop?
(a) He feels stronger than usual.
(b) He feels fine.
(c) He hurt his foot.
(d) Too tired to sleep.
3. How does Zau respond to Ranofer's reminder?
(a) He denies it.
(b) He says he will take him as a student.
(c) He says he will think about what to do.
(d) He can't remember Ranofer.
4. What does Zau tell Ranofer?
(a) He has his priorities messed up.
(b) He will wait for Ranofer.
(c) He will talk to Gebu.
(d) He will talk to Rekh.
5. How does Heqet respond to Ranofer's request in Chapter 4?
(a) He says maybe.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He says no.
(d) He says he'll have to think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranofer think the noise he hears in the night must be?
2. What happens when Ranofer goes home in Chapter 3?
3. What does Ranofer look for when he gets home?
4. What does Ranofer tell Heqet about as they work?
5. What does the foreman do if Ranofer looks idle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ranofer say to Zau and what is his response?
2. Why does Ibni talk to Ranofer? What is Ranofer's response?
3. What does Ranofer complain about to his two friends and what is the Ancient's response?
4. In Chapter 6, where does Ranofer report for work, what does he do at work, and how does it affect him?
5. How does Ranofer run into Heqet and what does Heqet suggest?
6. Who does Ranofer offer advice to and why? Who overhears him?
7. What does Gebu usually do when he comes into the shop?
8. What kind of situation is Ranofer in at home and who are the only people he can trust? What might those friendships do for him?
9. Where does Ranofer work and what would he rather be doing? How would you feel if you were Ranofer?
10. About what do Ranofer and Heqet argue and how does the Ancient settle the argument?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)