|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ranofer realize when he sees someone eating by the apprentice's quarters?
(a) He forgot to eat breakfast.
(b) He was supposed to shop for food yesterday.
(c) He has had little to eat lately.
(d) His brother gives him little food.
2. What does the foreman do if Ranofer looks idle?
(a) Pushes him to the ground.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Make fun of him to the others.
(d) Throws water on him.
3. What does Ranofer refuse to do that night as he leaves the shop?
(a) Go to the market.
(b) Take the wineskin to Gebu.
(c) Clean the floor.
(d) Take food from Ibni.
4. How closely does Gebu inspect the work in the stone shop?
(a) He checks every piece.
(b) He inspects only the big pieces carefully.
(c) He glances at each work being done.
(d) He pays little attention to it.
5. Why is Ranofer embarrassed by Rekh?
(a) He is reminded he is just a porter.
(b) His remark about his shoulder.
(c) He dropped some gold scraps.
(d) Rekh tripped him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gebu tell Ranofer in Chapter 3?
2. What does Ranofer not have when he returns home the night after he has seen Zau?
3. What does the old man encourage Ranofer to do?
4. What does Ranofer decide to do?
5. What does Ranofer tell Zau?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what do Ranofer and Heqet argue and how does the Ancient settle the argument?
2. What do Heqet and Ranofer do when the Ancient joins them for lunch?
3. Who does Ranofer meet on his way home from work? Where does this person live and what does he do?
4. What does Ranofer do when he finally arrives home?
5. What does Ranofer complain about to his two friends and what is the Ancient's response?
6. About eight days after Ranofer talked to Heqet what does he see on the way home?
7. What does Ranofer become aware of about a week after his new job? What does he think of it?
8. What does Ranofer do with the wineskin the day he meets with Heqet? How does his brother respond and what does Ranofer hear his brother say?
9. How does Ranofer run into Heqet and what does Heqet suggest?
10. What does Ranofer believe made noises in the night? How does he respond to his belief?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)