|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ranofer think he has a plan to do?
(a) End his brother's stealing.
(b) Selling his brother into slavery.
(c) Becoming an apprentice.
(d) Killing his brother.
2. How does Heqet respond to Ranofer's request in Chapter 4?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He says no.
(c) He says maybe.
(d) He says he'll have to think about it.
3. What does Gebu give Ranofer for bringing a wineskin home that night?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) Some of the gold.
(c) Money to buy food.
(d) A new pair of shoes.
4. What does Ranofer find out after Ibni asks his favor?
(a) Someone has been stealing from the work place.
(b) Gebu is drinking too much.
(c) Ibni is paying Gebu to court their sister.
(d) Ibni is paying Gebu blackmail money.
5. What does Ranofer decide to do about Gebu?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Have him arrested.
(c) Confront him.
(d) Take him to the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the days in the stone-cutting shop pass for Ranofer?
2. What does Ranofer realize Gebu is doing at night?
3. Where does Heqet want Ranofer to go with him after work one day?
4. What does the new person at lunch suggest to Ranofer?
5. What kinds of plans are kept in the scroll room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ranofer do when Ibni approaches him at the end of the work day and what are the consequences for him at home?
2. What does Ranofer decide is the only way to get away from Gebu and what does he want to do when he does?
3. How does Ranofer find his new job and why do you think he works so hard at it?
4. What does Ranofer learn that makes him think about Ibni's request?
5. Why does the Ancient keep Ranofer from watching a punishment? Do you think the Ancient was right?
6. How does Ranofer feel about his thoughts on Ibni and Gebu by the end of the day? What does he want to do and why does he not want to do it?
7. What does Ranofer say to Zau and what is his response?
8. What does Rekh ask Ranofer to show him and then what does he tell him to do? How does Ranofer feel about this?
9. Who does Ranofer meet on his way home from work? Where does this person live and what does he do?
10. In Chapter 6, where does Ranofer report for work, what does he do at work, and how does it affect him?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)