|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zau tell Ranofer?
(a) He will wait for Ranofer.
(b) He will talk to Rekh.
(c) He has his priorities messed up.
(d) He will talk to Gebu.
2. What does Ranofer decide to do about Gebu?
(a) Confront him.
(b) Take him to the temple.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Have him arrested.
3. What does Ranofer tell Heqet about as they work?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His father's shop.
(c) Ibni and Gebu.
(d) His father's death.
4. What is suggested to Ranofer about the hangings?
(a) It is not appropriate for him to see.
(b) It is a terrible way to die.
(c) He could end up hanging too.
(d) It is too harsh a punishment.
5. How does Zau respond to Ranofer's reminder?
(a) He denies it.
(b) He says he will think about what to do.
(c) He can't remember Ranofer.
(d) He says he will take him as a student.
6. What does Ranofer still have questions about?
(a) Who is father is.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His mother's illness.
(d) His sister's boyfriend.
7. What does Ranofer hear Gebu tell a friend?
(a) The next wineskin will be very full.
(b) He is going to kick Ranofer out.
(c) He is going to leave on a business trip.
(d) Soon the wineskins will not mean anything.
8. What does Ranofer take with him when he leaves for work the next morning in Chapter 4?
(a) A drawing he made for jewelry.
(b) All his spare clothes.
(c) His walking stick.
(d) His small breakfast.
9. What does Ranofer help Heqet make in Chapter 4?
(c) Gold leafs.
(d) A bowl.
10. How does Heqet respond to Ranofer's request in Chapter 4?
(a) He says no.
(b) He says maybe.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He says he'll have to think about it.
11. Who joins Ranofer and Heqet while they are arguing?
(b) The old man with the donkey.
12. How does Ranofer feel physically after working the first day at his brother's shop?
(a) Too tired to sleep.
(b) He feels fine.
(c) He feels stronger than usual.
(d) He hurt his foot.
13. What is the name of the apprentice foreman?
14. What does Rekh ask Ranofer to do?
(a) A task that only an apprentice would do.
(b) Draw a design for a bracelet.
(c) Make more charcoal.
(d) Take a necklace to a woman.
15. What does Ranofer offer to the struggling apprentice?
(a) A joke.
(b) A helping hand.
(c) Some advice.
(d) His sympathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranofer think the noise he hears in the night must be?
2. With what does Ranofer help Heqet?
3. At the end of the first lunch, how do the boys view the new person?
4. What does Ranofer tell Gebu when he asks about speaking to Ibni that day?
5. What kinds of plans are kept in the scroll room?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)