|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume Two, Book Sixth, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Fanny's husband?
2. What does Maggie tell her husband when he arrives home from Matcham?
(a) That she wants to move to Italy.
(b) That she is going to stay with her father.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she knows about his affair.
3. What is the Prince reminded of as he speaks to Charlotte in Chapter 9 of Book Third?
(a) His home in Italy.
(b) A baby rattle.
(c) Maggie's locket.
(d) The golden bowl.
4. Where does Maggie decide to go in Book Fourth Chapter 9?
(a) Into the garden.
(b) Shopping for a dress.
(c) For a walk.
(d) To the attic.
5. Where does Fanny feel like she has just returned from at the end of Chapter 3 of Book Third?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the day that Charlotte and the Prince are spending together likened to in Chapter 9 of Book Third?
2. What relationship does Charlotte have with Maggie?
3. What does Maggie depend on Fanny for as of Book Second Chapter 3?
4. What does Mr. Verver send Charlotte an invite for in Book Second Chapter 4?
5. What does Charlotte ask the Prince to help her do at the end of Book First Chapter 3?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)