|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume Two, Book Fourth, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Mrs. Rance to leave Fawns in Book Second Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Verver's lack of interest in Mrs. Rance.
(b) Charlotte's arrival.
(c) Maggie's rude comments towards her.
(d) News that the weather will turn dreary for several days.
2. How does Adam feel as he plans his museum?
3. How do Charlotte and the Prince view themselves in their marital situations?
(a) As sinners.
(b) As thieves.
(c) As heros.
(d) As victims.
4. What does Charlotte tell the Prince is her reason for returning to London in Book First Chapter 5?
(a) To seek revenge.
(b) To reconnect with Maggie.
(c) To spend one hour with the Prince.
(d) To visit family.
5. How has Charlotte found out about the Prince's wedding to Maggie?
(a) Maggie has written to Charlotte with the wedding details.
(b) Charlotte found out from the Prince.
(c) Charlotte has heard through a family friend.
(d) Charlotte read the annoucement in the paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the women's relationship after Maggie visits Charlotte in Chapter 2 of Book Fourth?
2. Where will Charlotte be staying during her stay in London?
3. What do the Prince and Fanny discuss while waiting for Charlotte to arrive in Book First Chapter 2?
4. What does Adam assume would have happened if his wife had not passed away?
5. Where does Mr. Verver suggest he and Charlotte go in Book Second Chapter 6?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)