|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume Two, Book Fourth, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charlotte want to notice that she is together with the Prince at the party?
(a) Mr. Verver.
(c) Colonel Assingham.
2. What is the golden bowl made out of?
3. Where does Mr. Verver pace restlessly before deciding to marry Charlotte?
(a) On the terrace.
(b) In his office.
(c) In the garden.
(d) On the front lawn.
4. Why doesn't Charlotte worry about Fanny saying anything about her affair with the Prince?
(a) Because Fanny is having an affair of her own.
(b) Because Fanny would be too embarassed to talk about such immoral things.
(c) Because by doing so Fanny would discredit herself.
(d) Because Charlotte is Fanny's dearest friend.
5. Where is the introductory chapter set?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince reminded of as he speaks to Charlotte in Chapter 9 of Book Third?
2. What does Fanny think of the timing of Charlotte's visit to London?
3. What relationship does Charlotte have with Maggie?
4. What are Charlotte and the Prince discussing when Fanny returns to the room in Book First Chapter 3?
5. What does the Prince compare himself to in Book Second Chapter 2?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)