|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume Two, Book Fourth, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Charlotte and the Prince stay at the party longer than most other guests?
(a) Because the weather turns bad.
(b) So that Charlotte can travel home with the Prince.
(c) So that they can talk to the host in private.
(d) Because they fell asleep on the couches.
2. What can Maggie not deny in Book Second Chapter 3?
(a) That her father is not capable of being faithful to one woman.
(b) That women will try to capture her father's attention.
(c) That her husband is known to be unfaithful.
(d) That women will try to capture her husband's attention.
3. What is the Prince reminded of as he speaks to Charlotte in Chapter 9 of Book Third?
(a) The golden bowl.
(b) Maggie's locket.
(c) A baby rattle.
(d) His home in Italy.
4. Where do Mr. Verver and Charlotte often meet in Book Second Chapter 5?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the nursery.
5. What language do the Prince and Charlotte speak to each other in in Book First Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince suggest should happen following his marriage to Maggie?
2. At the end of Book Third Chapter 4, who believes Charlotte has come to the Prince's house to see Maggie?
3. How many people does Maggie identify as being helpful to her plan?
4. Why is Adam considering marriage as of Book Second Chapter 1?
5. Who does Charlotte want to notice that she is together with the Prince at the party?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)