|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume One, Book Second, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Verver send Charlotte an invite for in Book Second Chapter 4?
(a) A garden party.
(b) A theatrical show.
(c) A fireworks display.
(d) A visit to Fawns.
2. What is Maggie ashamed about during her conversation with the Prince in Book First Chapter 1?
(a) Her uneducated father.
(b) Her lack of fashion knowledge.
(c) An inappropriate comment she made about the French.
(d) How good the Prince's English is compared to her English.
3. According to Maggie, what is the rarest and most valuable addition to the collection?
(a) A very old stamp.
(b) The Prince.
(c) An antique 'genie' lamp.
(d) The Prince's sword.
4. How does the Prince respond when Maggie asks him where he would be without his family history?
(a) The Prince replies that he would be in a position with more money.
(b) The Prince replies that he would be free.
(c) The Prince replies that he would be a very sad man.
(d) The Prince replies that he would be lost.
5. What is the name of Fanny's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte ask the Prince to help her do at the end of Book First Chapter 3?
2. Where do Charlotte and the Prince go before starting their shopping?
3. What language do the Prince and Charlotte speak to each other in in Book First Chapter 6?
4. What is the Prince sure of as of Book First Chapter 1?
5. According to the Prince, why does he want to marry Maggie?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)