|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume One, Book First, Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Prince, why does he want to marry Maggie?
(a) Maggie is the most delicate flower he has ever met.
(b) To use Maggie's father's money to make a new history for himself.
(c) Maggie would make an excellent wife and mother.
(d) The Prince is trying to get out of a prior engagement.
2. What does the Prince contemplate during the carriage ride in Book First Chapter 1?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) A comment that Maggie said.
(c) His worth.
(d) How the truly poor live day to day.
3. What attributes does the Prince claim he does not possess?
(a) Self-righteousness and vanity.
(b) Deceit and hypocrisy.
(c) Loyalty and honesty.
(d) Wit and class.
4. Why does the Prince intentionally stay at Fanny's in Book First Chapter 3?
(a) To find out how long Charlotte will be staying.
(b) To avoid the downpour outside.
(c) To hear about Charlotte's recent travels.
(d) To taste Fanny's famous shepherd's pie.
5. What is Fanny's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince sure of as of Book First Chapter 1?
2. What relationship does Charlotte have with Maggie?
3. What has Fanny done for the Prince in the past?
4. How has Maggie learned about her future husband?
5. What does the Prince require Fanny to promise to do throughout his marriage?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)