|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume One, Book Second, Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What qualities does the Prince claim are to be admired in Book First Chapter 1?
(a) The uniqueness of Maggie and her father.
(b) The goodness in Maggie and her father.
(c) The religious devotion of Maggie and her father.
(d) The adventurous nature of Maggie and her father.
2. When Maggie and the Prince return to the house in Book Second Chapter 2, who do they find Adam with?
(c) Mrs. Rance.
(d) Lady Castledean.
3. What does the Prince compare himself to in Book Second Chapter 2?
(a) A crystal.
(b) A sculpture.
(c) A discarded love letter.
(d) A horse.
4. When the group returns to the house in Book Second Chapter 2 what does Adam notice in their eyes?
(a) A flicker of recognition.
(b) A flicker of disgust.
(c) A flicker of anger.
(d) A flicker of joy.
5. What does the Prince suggest should happen following his marriage to Maggie?
(a) Charlotte should move in with them.
(b) Charlotte should not contact them again.
(c) Charlotte and Maggie should start and run a club.
(d) Charlotte and Maggie should organize an overseas trip for the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Charlotte and the Prince discussing when Fanny returns to the room in Book First Chapter 3?
2. How has Maggie learned about her future husband?
3. What language do the Prince and Charlotte speak to each other in in Book First Chapter 6?
4. Why is Maggie's father collecting rare and special items?
5. What is the Prince doing while contemplating his upcoming marriage in Book First Chapter 1?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)