Volume One, Book First, Chapter 1
1. Who is the author of "The Golden Bowl"?
(a) Henry James.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Thomas Hardy.
(d) James Joyce.
2. Where is the introductory chapter set?
(d) New York.
3. What is the Prince doing while contemplating his upcoming marriage in Book First Chapter 1?
(a) The Prince is sitting in the park.
(b) The Prince is visiting some of his favorite places in the city.
(c) The Prince is attending a church service.
(d) The Prince is writing in his travel journal.
4. What is Maggie ashamed about during her conversation with the Prince in Book First Chapter 1?
(a) Her lack of fashion knowledge.
(b) An inappropriate comment she made about the French.
(c) How good the Prince's English is compared to her English.
(d) Her uneducated father.
5. What qualities does the Prince claim are to be admired in Book First Chapter 1?
(a) The uniqueness of Maggie and her father.
(b) The religious devotion of Maggie and her father.
(c) The adventurous nature of Maggie and her father.
(d) The goodness in Maggie and her father.
This section contains 5,692 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)