|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Michael's capo?
2. When Tom comes to the house after Michael and Kay return home, what news does Tom share with Kay?
3. According to Michael's plan, who will the Corleones back for the 1960s presidency?
4. Where is Michael proposing to move his headquarters to after leaving New York?
5. Instead of accompanying Tom to Washington D.C., where do Theresa and the kids go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Francesca worry that Billy is dating her simply to shock his parents?
2. Why do the rest of the Mafia families consider Chicago to be the "black sheep" of the Mafia?
3. Why does Kathy encourage Francesca to not join a sorority as she begins college?
4. Why will Tom Hagen not be present at the next Commission meeting?
5. As Michael and Kay return to Las Vegas from Lake Tahoe, why is Kay upset?
6. Why is Russo blamed for engineering the plane crash off of Rattlesnake Island?
7. Why does Russo orchestrate the suicide-homicide hit that is supposed to ensnare Fredo?
8. Why does Nick decide to join the Corleone organization?
9. According to Fredo's questioning of Michael at Francesca and Billy's wedding, why is the Lake Tahoe house burned down?
10. Explain why Kay barely knows how to speak to her husband of five years.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Fredo and Louie seek to do Michael harm. Compare and contrast these two characters. Be sure to discuss their motivations, character qualities, personal history with Michael, and tools at their disposal. Which of these two characters causes greater harm and/or heartache for Michael? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Mafia bosses use many different tactics to rule their territories and keep their people in line.
a. Identify three tactics used by the Mafia bosses to rule their territories and keep their people in line.
b. For each tactic identified, explain why the Dons use this method of control.
c. Compare and contrast these tactics in terms of their operational style, level of involvement, and operational success or failure.
Essay Topic 3
Michael Corleone and Joe Lucadello work together during two different periods in their lives. Describe the circumstances surrounding each of these periods in which the men work together. Then, examine how the first circumstances and the relationships the men developed early in their lives impacted the circumstances surrounding their second meeting.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)