|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Forlenza's information, who sabotages Nick's plane?
2. According to Michael's plan, why will the person Michael plans to use as a puppet in the assassination plot not realize that Michael is pulling the puppet strings?
(a) The U.S. government will approach the puppet directly.
(b) The Canadian government will approach the puppet directly.
(c) The Cuban government will approach the puppet directly.
(d) The Italian government will approach the puppet directly.
3. During Nick's meeting in Cleveland with Don Forlenza, who do they decide to use as a pawn in their plan to build alliances and eventually go after Michael?
4. How many times has a woman in Francesca's family miscarried before Francesca loses her baby?
5. After returning to his home from the funeral for Francesca's baby, how many people does Johnny add to his estate staff?
Short Answer Questions
1. Two days after his final television show, Fredo is shot to death. Who shoots Fredo?
2. Who does Russo's killer nod at when he's ready to commence the attack on the Chicago Don?
3. After leaving for college years earlier, Billy had tried to break up with Francesca. How?
4. As Book 7, Chapter 24 begins and Billy is taking Francesca to various embassy and hotel parties, how far along in her pregnancy is Francesca?
5. What is the name of Nick's youngest daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Forlenza's information, why is Nick's plane sabotaged?
2. When Kay accepts Michael's invitation to the Inaugural Ball, why does Michael believe that she's accepted? Why does she actually accept?
3. Why does Michael make it a point to attend the funeral for baby Carmela, even though neither Francesca's twin sister nor Billy's parents attend the funeral?
4. After Francesca returns home after killing her husband, why does Kathy get on a bus and leave town instead of staying to help her sister grieve?
5. After receiving the upsetting phone call and sending Kathy and Sonny out to dinner, what does Francesca realize that Kathy has been right about?
6. How does Nick pull Fredo into his scheme to undermine Michael Corleone?
7. As the book closes, Michael is looking out his window at the New York skyline. What is Michael thinking about?
8. When she's six months pregnant, Francesca feels unloved and trapped in her marriage. Why?
9. Explain why Michael and Nick have ended 1961 in a stalemate.
10. As Chapter 20 begins, Fredo's wife implies that their marriage is simply a cover for Fredo's homosexuality. She leaves the room without incident, but then Fredo destroys everything in the room. Why?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)