|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry not take Ludo Bagman's offer before the second challenge?
2. What is the bowl of silvery liquid in Dumbledore's office called?
3. What does Krum ask Harry when he takes Harry into the forest?
4. What secret about the golden egg does Cedric tell Harry during the Yule Ball?
5. Whose grave are Harry and Cedric standing on when they get to the cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the business that Fred and George plan to fund with the money they receive from Harry?
2. How did Voldemort lose his powers?
3. What is the hardest part of Cedric's death for Harry?
4. Why did Mad-Eye Moody never kill anyone while he was an auror?
5. What does Voldemort say was the first thing he tried to get his powers back when he gives his speech to the Death Eaters in the cemetery?
6. Why does Dumbledore use a Pensieve?
7. Why doesn't Harry take the scolding letter from Sirius very seriously?
8. Where is Harry forced to spend his summer vacation?
9. Why does Krum ask Harry if he has feelings for Hermione?
10. Why is Ron so mad at Harry for rescuing Fleur's little sister during the second challenge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What three things does Voldemort need to get his body back, and what do those things symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might J.K. Rowling have chosen these particular places for this story to take place?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)