|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ron and Hermione do while Harry is preparing himself for the third challenge?
2. What does Krum do to Cedric while in the maze?
3. What compliment does Krum give Harry while they are walking in the forest?
4. Why does Harry not take Ludo Bagman's offer before the second challenge?
5. What does Harry hear Winky muttering about when they find her drunk in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Crouch do when he is alone with Krum in the forest?
2. How do Harry and Cedric get to the cemetery with Voldemort?
3. Who does Harry write to about seeing Mr. Crouch on the Marauder's Map the night he solved the clue for the second task?
4. What do the spirits from Voldemort's wand do when they see Harry?
5. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
6. What does Harry do when he sees a dementor in the maze?
7. Why does Dumbledore leave Harry alone in his office after Harry's dream in Divination class?
8. How did Barty Crouch disguise himself so well as Mad-Eye Moody?
9. What is the name of the business that Fred and George plan to fund with the money they receive from Harry?
10. What does Harry take back to Hogwarts with him when he leaves the cemetery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Competition and fair-play is a major theme that is found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect do they have on the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How do Harry, Ron and Hermione change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)