|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita Skeeter write about Hermione after the second challenge?
2. Who turned the Goblet of Fire into a portkey?
3. What does Rita Skeeter say about Harry in her article about him just before the third challenge?
4. What does Sirius ask Harry to bring when he meets him in town?
5. Who insists on taking Harry to the Hospital Wing when he returns to Hogwarts after the third challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mad-Eye Moody never kill anyone while he was an auror?
2. Why is Ron so mad at Harry for rescuing Fleur's little sister during the second challenge?
3. Why does Dumbledore leave Harry alone in his office after Harry's dream in Divination class?
4. Why doesn't Harry take the scolding letter from Sirius very seriously?
5. Why does Cedric tell Harry to touch the Goblet of Fire first?
6. What does Voldemort say was the first thing he tried to get his powers back when he gives his speech to the Death Eaters in the cemetery?
7. What does Harry do when he sees a dementor in the maze?
8. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
9. Why does Harry not accept Ludo Bagman's offer to help him solve his clue for the second challenge?
10. Who is the man in the chair in Harry's dream during Divination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)