|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dumbledore entrust for a secret mission after his fight with Fudge?
2. Who was Victor Krum supposed to save from the lake?
3. What does Harry do after talking to Ludo Bagman?
4. Why does Voldemort give Harry his wand?
5. Why is Dumbledore so unhappy about Fudge's punishment to Barty Crouch Jr.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Professor Moody see Harry even when he is wearing his invisibility cloak?
2. What does Harry take back to Hogwarts with him when he leaves the cemetery?
3. Why does Cedric tell Harry to touch the Goblet of Fire first?
4. Where is Harry forced to spend his summer vacation?
5. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
6. Why does Dumbledore use a Pensieve?
7. What do the spirits from Voldemort's wand do when they see Harry?
8. Why does Harry not accept Ludo Bagman's offer to help him solve his clue for the second challenge?
9. What does Harry do when he sees a dementor in the maze?
10. Why doesn't Harry take the scolding letter from Sirius very seriously?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What three things does Voldemort need to get his body back, and what do those things symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)