|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Voldemort give Harry his wand?
2. Why does Fleur hope to come back to England some day?
3. Who does Hagrid take as his date to the Yule Ball?
4. What does Voldemort do the moment he sees Cedric in the cemetery?
5. What spell does Harry use when Voldemort tries to use the Killing Curse on him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hagrid convinced to take his teaching job back after Rita Skeeter's article?
2. What happens after Harry's blood is added to the cauldron that Voldemort is in?
3. Why does Dumbledore use a Pensieve?
4. What is the hardest part of Cedric's death for Harry?
5. Why does Krum ask Harry if he has feelings for Hermione?
6. Where is Harry forced to spend his summer vacation?
7. Why is Ron so mad at Harry for rescuing Fleur's little sister during the second challenge?
8. What does Mr. Crouch do when he is alone with Krum in the forest?
9. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
10. How do Harry and Cedric get to the cemetery with Voldemort?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
J.K. Rowling is careful to make sure that although these characters are witches and wizards, they are still very much human. Please cite some specific examples of this from the book and discuss how this humanity affects your view of the characters and the believability of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Procrastination is a trait exhibited by a number of characters in this book. What are some of these instances and how do they affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to use examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Cedric Diggory is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Cedric had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)