|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita Skeeter criticize Dumbledore for doing in her article about Hogwarts?
2. What do Harry and and his friends do to Malfoy and his friends on the train after the school year has ended?
3. Why does Fudge not take measures to prevent Voldemort's uprising?
4. Whose grave are Harry and Cedric standing on when they get to the cemetery?
5. Where is the third challenge going to take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Voldemort lose his powers?
2. Why does Dumbledore leave Harry alone in his office after Harry's dream in Divination class?
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody never kill anyone while he was an auror?
4. What does Voldemort say was the first thing he tried to get his powers back when he gives his speech to the Death Eaters in the cemetery?
5. Who helps Harry unravel the mystery of the Golden Egg?
6. Who does Harry write to about seeing Mr. Crouch on the Marauder's Map the night he solved the clue for the second task?
7. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
8. What does Mr. Crouch do when he is alone with Krum in the forest?
9. Where is Harry forced to spend his summer vacation?
10. How can Professor Moody see Harry even when he is wearing his invisibility cloak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is an emotion that rears it's ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoke this emotion, and how do they respond to their jealous tendencies? How do these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Cedric Diggory is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Cedric had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)