|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising person does Harry see on his Marauder's Map after unlocking the clue of the egg?
2. What does Harry see when his and Voldemort's wands are strangely locked together?
3. Who is Hermione's secret date to the Yule Ball?
4. What does Dobby give Harry just before the second task is to begin?
5. What is Ron most embarrassed about as the time for the Yule Ball approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the business that Fred and George plan to fund with the money they receive from Harry?
2. Who helps Harry unravel the mystery of the Golden Egg?
3. What does Ron say when he sees Hermione is Krum's date to the Yule Ball?
4. Why doesn't Harry take the scolding letter from Sirius very seriously?
5. Where is Sirius staying while he is hiding near Hogwarts to watch over Harry?
6. Who does Harry write to about seeing Mr. Crouch on the Marauder's Map the night he solved the clue for the second task?
7. Why does Harry not accept Ludo Bagman's offer to help him solve his clue for the second challenge?
8. How did Barty Crouch disguise himself so well as Mad-Eye Moody?
9. Why does Dumbledore leave Harry alone in his office after Harry's dream in Divination class?
10. What happens after Harry's blood is added to the cauldron that Voldemort is in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear and courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 2
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)