|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormtail add of his own to the cauldron that Voldemort is in?
2. Who does Hagrid take as his date to the Yule Ball?
3. Why does Fleur hope to come back to England some day?
4. How does Harry return to Hogwarts from the cemetery after fighting Voldermort?
5. What does Harry do with the money he wins from the Triwizard Tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man in the chair in Harry's dream during Divination?
2. What does Mr. Crouch do when he is alone with Krum in the forest?
3. What does Harry take back to Hogwarts with him when he leaves the cemetery?
4. How can Professor Moody see Harry even when he is wearing his invisibility cloak?
5. What do the spirits from Voldemort's wand do when they see Harry?
6. Who helps Harry unravel the mystery of the Golden Egg?
7. What does Ron say when he sees Hermione is Krum's date to the Yule Ball?
8. Why does Krum ask Harry if he has feelings for Hermione?
9. Why doesn't Harry take the scolding letter from Sirius very seriously?
10. Who does Harry write to about seeing Mr. Crouch on the Marauder's Map the night he solved the clue for the second task?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
J.K. Rowling is careful to make sure that although these characters are witches and wizards, they are still very much human. Please cite some specific examples of this from the book and discuss how this humanity affects your view of the characters and the believability of the book.
Essay Topic 2
What three things does Voldemort need to get his body back, and what do those things symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)