|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the third challenge going to take place?
2. Who comes to see Harry just before his third challenge?
3. Who do Harry and Krum find while walking in the forest?
4. What do Harry and and his friends do to Malfoy and his friends on the train after the school year has ended?
5. Why does Harry not take Ludo Bagman's offer before the second challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Harry and Cedric get to the cemetery with Voldemort?
2. How did Barty Crouch disguise himself so well as Mad-Eye Moody?
3. What does Voldemort say was the first thing he tried to get his powers back when he gives his speech to the Death Eaters in the cemetery?
4. What is the hardest part of Cedric's death for Harry?
5. What does Mr. Crouch do when he is alone with Krum in the forest?
6. What does Harry take back to Hogwarts with him when he leaves the cemetery?
7. How did Voldemort lose his powers?
8. Why does Cedric tell Harry to touch the Goblet of Fire first?
9. Why does Dumbledore use a Pensieve?
10. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Procrastination is a trait exhibited by a number of characters in this book. What are some of these instances and how do they affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to use examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)