|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Victor Krum supposed to save from the lake?
2. What does Voldemort do after he tortures Harry with the Cruciatus Curse?
3. What does Harry have to figure out how to do before the second task?
4. What alerts Mr. Filch to Harry's after-hours ramble?
5. Why does Harry not take Ludo Bagman's offer before the second challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry take back to Hogwarts with him when he leaves the cemetery?
2. Where is Harry forced to spend his summer vacation?
3. How did Barty Crouch disguise himself so well as Mad-Eye Moody?
4. How did Voldemort lose his powers?
5. What is the name of the business that Fred and George plan to fund with the money they receive from Harry?
6. What does Voldemort say was the first thing he tried to get his powers back when he gives his speech to the Death Eaters in the cemetery?
7. How is Hagrid convinced to take his teaching job back after Rita Skeeter's article?
8. Why did Mad-Eye Moody never kill anyone while he was an auror?
9. What happens after Harry's blood is added to the cauldron that Voldemort is in?
10. How can Professor Moody see Harry even when he is wearing his invisibility cloak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Harry, Ron and Hermione change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Cornelius Fudge not accept Harry's story, and what consequences does this have for the other characters in the book?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)