|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dumbledore so unhappy about Fudge's punishment to Barty Crouch Jr.?
2. Which ghost does Harry see while in the prefect's restroom?
3. Where does Dumbledore take the real Moody after he is found?
4. How long have the Death Eaters been in hiding?
5. What surprising person does Harry see on his Marauder's Map after unlocking the clue of the egg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man in the chair in Harry's dream during Divination?
2. Why does Krum ask Harry if he has feelings for Hermione?
3. What does Cornelius Fudge think of Harry's story about Voldemort in the cemetery?
4. How is Hagrid convinced to take his teaching job back after Rita Skeeter's article?
5. Why did Mad-Eye Moody never kill anyone while he was an auror?
6. Where is Sirius staying while he is hiding near Hogwarts to watch over Harry?
7. What does Harry take back to Hogwarts with him when he leaves the cemetery?
8. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
9. Why does Dumbledore leave Harry alone in his office after Harry's dream in Divination class?
10. How did Voldemort lose his powers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the most important spells discussed in this book, and how are they performed? How does the usage of these spells affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)