|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dobby give Harry just before the second task is to begin?
2. Why does Hermione receive hate mail after the second challenge is completed?
3. What does Harry have to figure out how to do before the second task?
4. What happens when Harry looks too closely at a bowl of silvery liquid in Dumbledore's office?
5. Where does Dumbledore take the real Moody after he is found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Professor Moody see Harry even when he is wearing his invisibility cloak?
2. Why did Mr. Crouch devise a plot to free his Death Eater son from prison?
3. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
4. What is the hardest part of Cedric's death for Harry?
5. What do the spirits from Voldemort's wand do when they see Harry?
6. Who is the man in the chair in Harry's dream during Divination?
7. What does Cornelius Fudge think of Harry's story about Voldemort in the cemetery?
8. Why does Harry not accept Ludo Bagman's offer to help him solve his clue for the second challenge?
9. Why does Dumbledore leave Harry alone in his office after Harry's dream in Divination class?
10. What does Ron say when he sees Hermione is Krum's date to the Yule Ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might J.K. Rowling have chosen these particular places for this story to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Fear and courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)