|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many contestants are chosen for the tournament?
2. What was the reaction of the crowd when the first three contestants were announced?
3. What does the Goblet of Fire do?
4. What does Dobby tell Harry about the Malfoys?
5. What kind of business do the Waesley twins want to start?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the chosen contestants for the tournament?
2. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
3. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
4. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
5. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
6. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
7. How does Moody justify placing all of his students under the Imperius Curse?
8. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
9. How does Ron finally realize that Harry did not put his own name into the Goblet of Fire?
10. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the most important spells discussed in this book, and how are they performed? How does the usage of these spells affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How do Harry, Ron and Hermione change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 3
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)