|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mad-Eye Moody so paranoid?
2. What does Harry do when he finds that most of his friends are not speaking to him?
3. What is the name of the Astronomy teacher at Hogwarts?
4. What does Hogwarts do to welcome the other two schools?
5. What is so peculiar about the wizard tents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
2. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
3. Who does Hagrid take to show the dragons the night before the first challenge?
4. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
5. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
6. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
7. Why does Harry have so many girls wishing to go to the Yule Ball with him?
8. What does Draco Malfoy tease Ron about on the Hogwarts Express?
9. What trait is the Ravenclaw House known for?
10. Who do most of the people in Little Hagleton think killed the Riddles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
The challenges in the Triwizard Tournament are chosen to test different attributes of the competitors. Explain each of the challenges and discuss what each challenge is meant to elicit from the competitors.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)