|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes an article about Harry for the Daily Prophet?
2. What is so peculiar about the letter Mr. Weasley sends Harry by post?
3. Why is Ron so embarrassed by his dress robes?
4. Who does Hermione always see in the library?
5. What is the name of the Astronomy teacher at Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ron finally realize that Harry did not put his own name into the Goblet of Fire?
2. What is Ron's one qualification for the girl he takes to the Yule Ball?
3. What trait is the Ravenclaw House known for?
4. What does Harry do on his first day off from school?
5. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
6. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
7. Who does Hagrid take to show the dragons the night before the first challenge?
8. Why does Mr. Crouch fire Winky?
9. Who do most of the people in Little Hagleton think killed the Riddles?
10. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Procrastination is a trait exhibited by a number of characters in this book. What are some of these instances and how do they affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to use examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is an emotion that rears it's ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoke this emotion, and how do they respond to their jealous tendencies? How do these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)