|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hermione always see in the library?
2. What is the name of the Riddles' gardener?
3. Why does Harry's first choice for the big dance refuse him?
4. How old is Victor Krum?
5. Whys is this summer worse than all the others Harry has spent with the Dursleys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
2. What does the Dark Mark look like?
3. Who does Hagrid take to show the dragons the night before the first challenge?
4. How does Ron finally realize that Harry did not put his own name into the Goblet of Fire?
5. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
6. What is the name of the most obnoxious reporter for the Daily Prophet?
7. What does Draco Malfoy tease Ron about on the Hogwarts Express?
8. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
9. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
10. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might J.K. Rowling have chosen these particular places for this story to take place?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)