Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dobby tell Harry about the Malfoys?
2. What is the name of the Astronomy teacher at Hogwarts?
3. Why are the other two schools so suspicious of foul play when Harry's name is read as a contestant?
4. How does Winky feel about being freed from her slavery?
5. What was the reaction of the crowd when the first three contestants were announced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Weasley so worried about at the Ministry of Magic that not many other people seem to be concerned about?
2. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
3. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
4. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
5. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
6. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
7. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
8. What does Voldemort say was the first thing he tried to get his powers back when he gives his speech to the Death Eaters in the cemetery?
9. Why is Ron so mad at Harry for rescuing Fleur's little sister during the second challenge?
10. How did Barty Crouch disguise himself so well as Mad-Eye Moody?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
J.K. Rowling is careful to make sure that although these characters are witches and wizards, they are still very much human. Please cite some specific examples of this from the book and discuss how this humanity affects your view of the characters and the believability of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)