|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Wizard's newspaper?
2. Who are the two teams playing at the Quidditch World Cup?
3. What does Mrs. Weasley think about the twins' idea for a company?
4. When do the delegates from the other two schools arrive?
5. What kind of wood is Harry's wand made from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the chosen contestants for the tournament?
2. Who usually accompanies Victor Krum on his visits to the library?
3. What does the Dark Mark look like?
4. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
5. Why does Mr. Crouch fire Winky?
6. Who cooks the glorious feasts at Hogwarts?
7. Why does Harry have so many girls wishing to go to the Yule Ball with him?
8. What does Harry do on his first day off from school?
9. Who does Hagrid take to show the dragons the night before the first challenge?
10. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is an emotion that rears it's ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoke this emotion, and how do they respond to their jealous tendencies? How do these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What three things does Voldemort need to get his body back, and what do those things symbolize?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)