|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where the Riddle family lived?
2. How many fans fit in the Quidditch Cup stadium?
3. What is the expression on the Riddles faces in death?
4. What does Hagrid do to try and impress Madame Maxim?
5. How do the younger Weasley siblings get to the Quidditch World Cup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
2. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
3. What trait is the Ravenclaw House known for?
4. Who do most of the people in Little Hagleton think killed the Riddles?
5. What does the Dark Mark look like?
6. How does Moody justify placing all of his students under the Imperius Curse?
7. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
8. Who are the chosen contestants for the tournament?
9. What does Draco Malfoy tease Ron about on the Hogwarts Express?
10. How does the crowd react when Harry's name is chosen by the Goblet of Fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Harry, Ron and Hermione change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
What three things does Voldemort need to get his body back, and what do those things symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)