|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does a reporter write that Harry is in love with after interviewing the tournament competitors?
2. Why does Harry's first choice for the big dance refuse him?
3. How do the students view Harry after his success in the first challenge?
4. What happens to Hagrid's pet skrewts?
5. What does Sirius tell Harry he plans to do after hearing about his scar hurting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cedric tell Harry to touch the Goblet of Fire first?
2. How does Moody justify placing all of his students under the Imperius Curse?
3. How does Ron finally realize that Harry did not put his own name into the Goblet of Fire?
4. Who does Rita Skeeter want to interview after the first challenge is over?
5. Where is Sirius staying while he is hiding near Hogwarts to watch over Harry?
6. What does Cornelius Fudge think of Harry's story about Voldemort in the cemetery?
7. Who helps Harry unravel the mystery of the Golden Egg?
8. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
9. What is the name of the most obnoxious reporter for the Daily Prophet?
10. What does Mad-Eye Moody teach in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might J.K. Rowling have chosen these particular places for this story to take place?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)