|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Harry so afraid when he is announced as one of the contestants?
2. What does Hogwarts do to welcome the other two schools?
3. What does Harry collect from plants on his first day in Herbology?
4. Why is Mad-Eye Moody so paranoid?
5. Why are the other two schools so suspicious of foul play when Harry's name is read as a contestant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do most of the people in Little Hagleton think killed the Riddles?
2. Why does Mr. Crouch fire Winky?
3. What does Draco Malfoy tease Ron about on the Hogwarts Express?
4. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
5. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
6. What does the Dark Mark look like?
7. What is Ron's one qualification for the girl he takes to the Yule Ball?
8. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
9. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
10. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
J.K. Rowling is careful to make sure that although these characters are witches and wizards, they are still very much human. Please cite some specific examples of this from the book and discuss how this humanity affects your view of the characters and the believability of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)