|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hagrid take Harry to see in Harry's invisibility cloak the night before the first challenge?
2. When do the delegates from the other two schools arrive?
3. What are the followers of Voldemort called?
4. Why is Mad-Eye Moody so paranoid?
5. Who does Harry decide to tell about his scar hurting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
2. What trait is the Ravenclaw House known for?
3. How does Ron finally realize that Harry did not put his own name into the Goblet of Fire?
4. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
5. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
6. What does Mad-Eye Moody teach in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
7. What is Ron's one qualification for the girl he takes to the Yule Ball?
8. Who usually accompanies Victor Krum on his visits to the library?
9. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
10. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)