|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dobby tell Harry about the Malfoys?
2. What is the name of the Astronomy teacher at Hogwarts?
3. Why are the other two schools so suspicious of foul play when Harry's name is read as a contestant?
4. How does Winky feel about being freed from her slavery?
5. What was the reaction of the crowd when the first three contestants were announced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Weasley so worried about at the Ministry of Magic that not many other people seem to be concerned about?
2. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
3. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
4. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
5. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
6. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
7. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
8. What does Voldemort say was the first thing he tried to get his powers back when he gives his speech to the Death Eaters in the cemetery?
9. Why is Ron so mad at Harry for rescuing Fleur's little sister during the second challenge?
10. How did Barty Crouch disguise himself so well as Mad-Eye Moody?
Essay Topic 1
Competition and fair-play is a major theme that is found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect do they have on the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the most important spells discussed in this book, and how are they performed? How does the usage of these spells affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)