|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business do the Waesley twins want to start?
2. How many fans fit in the Quidditch Cup stadium?
3. Who told Voldemort about the gardener eavesdropping on him?
4. Who does Harry first invite to the big dance?
5. How do the students view Harry after his success in the first challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Hagrid take to show the dragons the night before the first challenge?
2. Why does Mr. Crouch fire Winky?
3. What does Harry do on his first day off from school?
4. Who do most of the people in Little Hagleton think killed the Riddles?
5. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
6. What does Draco Malfoy tease Ron about on the Hogwarts Express?
7. What does Mad-Eye Moody teach in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
8. What trait is the Ravenclaw House known for?
9. Who usually accompanies Victor Krum on his visits to the library?
10. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Competition and fair-play is a major theme that is found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect do they have on the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Cedric Diggory is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Cedric had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
How do Harry, Ron and Hermione change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)