|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so peculiar about the wizard tents?
2. How many fans fit in the Quidditch Cup stadium?
3. Who does Harry decide to tell about his scar hurting?
4. Why must Sirius hide when he comes to see Harry at Hogwarts?
5. What does Ron do on the train when he loses his temper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry do on his first day off from school?
2. What does Mad-Eye Moody teach in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
3. What is Mr. Weasley so worried about at the Ministry of Magic that not many other people seem to be concerned about?
4. How does the crowd react when Harry's name is chosen by the Goblet of Fire?
5. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
6. Who does Hagrid take to show the dragons the night before the first challenge?
7. What does the Dark Mark look like?
8. Why does Harry have so many girls wishing to go to the Yule Ball with him?
9. What trait is the Ravenclaw House known for?
10. Why is Harry forced to compete even though he is too young according to the new rules of the Tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Harry, Ron and Hermione change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
J.K. Rowling is careful to make sure that although these characters are witches and wizards, they are still very much human. Please cite some specific examples of this from the book and discuss how this humanity affects your view of the characters and the believability of the book.
Essay Topic 3
What three things does Voldemort need to get his body back, and what do those things symbolize?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)