|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Harry's name is read by the Goblet of Fire?
2. What does the Goblet of Fire do?
3. What does Mad-Eye do when he hears Harry tell Cedric about the dragons?
4. What is the only thing contestants can take with them to the first challenge?
5. What is the Hufflepuff House known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
2. What is Ron's one qualification for the girl he takes to the Yule Ball?
3. Why does Harry have so many girls wishing to go to the Yule Ball with him?
4. What is Mr. Weasley so worried about at the Ministry of Magic that not many other people seem to be concerned about?
5. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
6. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
7. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
8. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
9. Who usually accompanies Victor Krum on his visits to the library?
10. Why does Mr. Crouch fire Winky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
What three things does Voldemort need to get his body back, and what do those things symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
J.K. Rowling is careful to make sure that although these characters are witches and wizards, they are still very much human. Please cite some specific examples of this from the book and discuss how this humanity affects your view of the characters and the believability of the book.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)