|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry realize he is missing as he is running through the forest the night after the Quidditch World Cup?
2. Who writes an article about Harry for the Daily Prophet?
3. What does Hagrid take Harry to see in Harry's invisibility cloak the night before the first challenge?
4. Why is Harry forced to compete even with all the controversy surrounding his entry?
5. How do the Beauxbaton girls arrive at Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do most of the people in Little Hagleton think killed the Riddles?
2. Who does Hagrid take to show the dragons the night before the first challenge?
3. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
4. What does the Dark Mark look like?
5. How does Ron finally realize that Harry did not put his own name into the Goblet of Fire?
6. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
7. Who does Rita Skeeter want to interview after the first challenge is over?
8. Who cooks the glorious feasts at Hogwarts?
9. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
10. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Procrastination is a trait exhibited by a number of characters in this book. What are some of these instances and how do they affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to use examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might J.K. Rowling have chosen these particular places for this story to take place?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)