|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Sirius hide when he comes to see Harry at Hogwarts?
2. Who does Harry decide to tell about his scar hurting?
3. What are the followers of Voldemort called?
4. What does Harry do when he finds that most of his friends are not speaking to him?
5. Why will Hogwarts not be having a Quidditch season this year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which member of the Durmstrang team are the students at Hogwarts most excitd about?
2. What is Ron's one qualification for the girl he takes to the Yule Ball?
3. What does Draco Malfoy tease Ron about on the Hogwarts Express?
4. How does Moody justify placing all of his students under the Imperius Curse?
5. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
6. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
7. Who does Hagrid take to show the dragons the night before the first challenge?
8. Who do most of the people in Little Hagleton think killed the Riddles?
9. What does Mad-Eye Moody teach in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
10. What is Mr. Weasley so worried about at the Ministry of Magic that not many other people seem to be concerned about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is an emotion that rears it's ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoke this emotion, and how do they respond to their jealous tendencies? How do these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Competition and fair-play is a major theme that is found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect do they have on the course of the plot?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)