|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Harry at the beginning of the book?
2. What happens to muggles when they approach the stadium?
3. When will the tradition connected to the Triwizard Tournament take place?
4. Who is the only student who can withstand the Imperius Curse in Moody's class?
5. How does Winky feel about being freed from her slavery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who usually accompanies Victor Krum on his visits to the library?
2. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
3. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
4. Why does Harry have so many girls wishing to go to the Yule Ball with him?
5. How does the crowd react when Harry's name is chosen by the Goblet of Fire?
6. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
7. What does Mad-Eye Moody teach in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
8. What is Mr. Weasley so worried about at the Ministry of Magic that not many other people seem to be concerned about?
9. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
10. Who do most of the people in Little Hagleton think killed the Riddles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is an emotion that rears it's ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evoke this emotion, and how do they respond to their jealous tendencies? How do these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear and courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)