|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the contestants supposed to retrieve from the dragons during the first challenge?
2. Who does Ron first ask to the big dance?
3. What does Mrs. Weasley think about the twins' idea for a company?
4. What does Hogwarts do to welcome the other two schools?
5. How old is Harry at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man in the chair in Harry's dream during Divination?
2. Why does Dumbledore leave Harry alone in his office after Harry's dream in Divination class?
3. Why is Ron so mad at Harry for rescuing Fleur's little sister during the second challenge?
4. Why is Harry forced to compete even though he is too young according to the new rules of the Tournament?
5. Why did Mr. Crouch devise a plot to free his Death Eater son from prison?
6. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
7. Who are the chosen contestants for the tournament?
8. How does the crowd react when Harry's name is chosen by the Goblet of Fire?
9. How does Ron finally realize that Harry did not put his own name into the Goblet of Fire?
10. Why does Krum ask Harry if he has feelings for Hermione?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)