|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the expression on the Riddles faces in death?
2. What does Harry collect from plants on his first day in Herbology?
3. What is the name of Hermione's society to protect House Elves?
4. Who announces the regulations of the Triwizard Tournament after the other two schools arrive?
5. Who writes an article about Harry for the Daily Prophet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Draco Malfoy tease Ron about on the Hogwarts Express?
2. Who does Rita Skeeter want to interview after the first challenge is over?
3. What trait is the Ravenclaw House known for?
4. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
5. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
6. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
7. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
8. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
9. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
10. How does the crowd react when Harry's name is chosen by the Goblet of Fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How do Harry, Ron and Hermione change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 3
The challenges in the Triwizard Tournament are chosen to test different attributes of the competitors. Explain each of the challenges and discuss what each challenge is meant to elicit from the competitors.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)