|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spell can totally control another person's actions?
2. What kind of wood is Harry's wand made from?
3. Who is the only student who can withstand the Imperius Curse in Moody's class?
4. How do the Durmstrang boys arrive at Hogwarts?
5. Who does Harry decide to tell about his scar hurting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
2. Who cooks the glorious feasts at Hogwarts?
3. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
4. Who does Rita Skeeter want to interview after the first challenge is over?
5. Who usually accompanies Victor Krum on his visits to the library?
6. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
7. Who does Hagrid take to show the dragons the night before the first challenge?
8. What is the name of the most obnoxious reporter for the Daily Prophet?
9. Who are the chosen contestants for the tournament?
10. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear and courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 2
Procrastination is a trait exhibited by a number of characters in this book. What are some of these instances and how do they affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to use examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)