|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry decide to tell about his scar hurting?
2. How many judges are there for the first challenge?
3. Who told Voldemort about the gardener eavesdropping on him?
4. What happens when Harry opens his egg?
5. Why does Harry's first choice for the big dance refuse him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moody justify placing all of his students under the Imperius Curse?
2. What is Ron's one qualification for the girl he takes to the Yule Ball?
3. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
4. Who usually accompanies Victor Krum on his visits to the library?
5. What does Mad-Eye Moody teach in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
6. Why does Olivander weigh all the wands of the contestants?
7. How does Ron finally realize that Harry did not put his own name into the Goblet of Fire?
8. Why does Harry have so many girls wishing to go to the Yule Ball with him?
9. Who does Rita Skeeter want to interview after the first challenge is over?
10. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the most important spells discussed in this book, and how are they performed? How does the usage of these spells affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear and courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)