|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the followers of Voldemort called?
2. What does Ron do on the train when he loses his temper?
3. How old is Victor Krum?
4. What does Mad-Eye do when he hears Harry tell Cedric about the dragons?
5. What does Mrs. Weasley think about the twins' idea for a company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the chosen contestants for the tournament?
2. What is Mr. Weasley so worried about at the Ministry of Magic that not many other people seem to be concerned about?
3. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
4. Who does Rita Skeeter want to interview after the first challenge is over?
5. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
6. What does Harry do on his first day off from school?
7. What does Draco Malfoy tease Ron about on the Hogwarts Express?
8. Why is Harry forced to compete even though he is too young according to the new rules of the Tournament?
9. What is the name of the most obnoxious reporter for the Daily Prophet?
10. What happens to Harry just as Voldemort kills Frank Bryce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Cornelius Fudge not accept Harry's story, and what consequences does this have for the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might J.K. Rowling have chosen these particular places for this story to take place?
Essay Topic 3
The challenges in the Triwizard Tournament are chosen to test different attributes of the competitors. Explain each of the challenges and discuss what each challenge is meant to elicit from the competitors.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)