|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Harry forced to compete even with all the controversy surrounding his entry?
2. Who is the only student who can withstand the Imperius Curse in Moody's class?
3. What did Karkaroff used to be before he taught at Durmstrang?
4. Who are the two teams playing at the Quidditch World Cup?
5. How many fans fit in the Quidditch Cup stadium?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
2. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
3. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
4. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
5. What does the Dark Mark look like?
6. What does Draco Malfoy tease Ron about on the Hogwarts Express?
7. Which member of the Durmstrang team are the students at Hogwarts most excitd about?
8. Who cooks the glorious feasts at Hogwarts?
9. Who usually accompanies Victor Krum on his visits to the library?
10. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Harry learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Cedric Diggory is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if Cedric had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)