|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is criticized in the newspaper for the embarrassing situation with Mad-Eye Moody?
(a) Mr. Diggory.
(b) Mr. Granger.
(c) Mr. Malfoy.
(d) Mr. Weasley.
2. Why must Sirius hide when he comes to see Harry at Hogwarts?
(a) He is in a fight with Dumbledore.
(b) He doesn't want to have to pay to stay there.
(c) He is a fugitive.
(d) He has been banned from Hogwarts.
3. Why is Mad-Eye Moody so paranoid?
(a) Many people very close to him have betrayed him.
(b) He spent years chasing bad wizards.
(c) He was hunted by Voldemort.
(d) He has a spell over him that makes him distrust people.
4. Why does Harry's first choice for the big dance refuse him?
(a) She does not have a good dress to wear.
(b) She is going with someone else.
(c) She hates dances.
(d) She is not speaking to him.
5. Who does Harry first invite to the big dance?
(b) Ginny Weasley.
(c) Cho Chang.
(d) Lavender Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Wizard's newspaper?
2. How old is Victor Krum?
3. What is the name of the town where the Riddle family lived?
4. Why are the other two schools so suspicious of foul play when Harry's name is read as a contestant?
5. How did Mrs. Weasley purchase Harry's new dress robes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is this summer vacation worse than most for Harry?
2. What does Mad-Eye Moody teach in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
3. How does Ron finally realize that Harry did not put his own name into the Goblet of Fire?
4. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
5. What is the name of the most obnoxious reporter for the Daily Prophet?
6. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
7. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
8. Why is Harry forced to compete even though he is too young according to the new rules of the Tournament?
9. Why does Mr. Crouch fire Winky?
10. Why does Harry have so many girls wishing to go to the Yule Ball with him?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)