|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Hufflepuff House known for?
(a) Hard workers.
2. Why does Harry's first choice for the big dance refuse him?
(a) She is going with someone else.
(b) She does not have a good dress to wear.
(c) She is not speaking to him.
(d) She hates dances.
3. How do the Durmstrang boys arrive at Hogwarts?
(a) On flying carpets.
(b) In an old but magical wooden ship.
(c) In a carriage drawn by giant horses.
(d) In a train that rides no rails.
4. What is the unexpected task that is a tradition connected to the Triwizard Tournament?
(a) The Yule Ball.
(b) A Meet and Greet Meal.
(c) A gift exchange with students from other schools.
(d) A weekend outing to Hogsmeade.
5. What is the only thing contestants can take with them to the first challenge?
(a) Their spell books.
(b) Their wands.
(c) Their brooms.
(d) One friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Harry forced to compete even with all the controversy surrounding his entry?
2. What kind of wood is Harry's wand made from?
3. Why does Hermione turn down Ron when he asks her to the big dance?
4. How do the Weasleys travel to the Durlsley's house to pick up Harry?
5. Where does Hermione spend most of her time during her fourth year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moody justify placing all of his students under the Imperius Curse?
2. Who are the chosen contestants for the tournament?
3. Who does Rita Skeeter want to interview after the first challenge is over?
4. How do some students try to get around the age limit for the tournament?
5. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
6. Why does Mr. Crouch fire Winky?
7. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
8. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
9. Who do most of the people in Little Hagleton think killed the Riddles?
10. What is Mr. Weasley so worried about at the Ministry of Magic that not many other people seem to be concerned about?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)