Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dobby tell Harry about the Malfoys?
(a) They are Death Eaters.
(b) They are cruel but stupid.
(c) They dabble in the dark arts.
(d) They hate Harry Potter.
2. What is the name of the Astronomy teacher at Hogwarts?
(a) Professor Trelawney.
(b) Professor Sprout.
(c) Professor Pomfrey.
(d) Professor Sinistra.
3. Why are the other two schools so suspicious of foul play when Harry's name is read as a contestant?
(a) They did not know younger students could enter.
(b) Hogwarts gets two contestants.
(c) They saw one of the teachers entering some extra names late at night.
(d) They feel that Dumbledore has lied to them.
4. How does Winky feel about being freed from her slavery?
(a) She is very happy and grateful.
(b) She is confused and curious about it all.
(c) She hates it and feels ashamed.
(d) She feels sad and lonely.
5. What was the reaction of the crowd when the first three contestants were announced?
(a) There were whispers of congratulations.
(b) There was booing from opposing teams.
(c) They cheered.
(d) There was an anxious silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes an article about Harry for the Daily Prophet?
2. Why must Sirius hide when he comes to see Harry at Hogwarts?
3. What is the name of the Wizard's newspaper?
4. What spell does Harry practice before his first challenge?
5. Who does Ron first ask to the big dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Weasley so worried about at the Ministry of Magic that not many other people seem to be concerned about?
2. How does Dobby feel about his new freedom?
3. Why is Vernon so upset about the peculiar appearance of the letter sent by Mr. Weasley?
4. Why is Ron so upset with Harry after he is chosen as a tournament competitor?
5. What does Hagrid admit to Madame Maxime during the Yule Ball?
6. How old does one have to be to enter the Triwizard Tournament?
7. What relieves Hermione's nerves after Harry tells her about his nightmare about Voldemort?
8. What does Voldemort say was the first thing he tried to get his powers back when he gives his speech to the Death Eaters in the cemetery?
9. Why is Ron so mad at Harry for rescuing Fleur's little sister during the second challenge?
10. How did Barty Crouch disguise himself so well as Mad-Eye Moody?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)