|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wormtail add of his own to the cauldron that Voldemort is in?
(a) His own hand.
(b) His own ear.
(c) A finger.
(d) A slab of skin.
2. What is Harry's response to the scolding letter he receives from Sirius?
(a) He takes it very seriously.
(b) He writes back an apologetic reply.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He scoffs at it.
3. What does Ludo Bagman offer to do for Harry before the second challenge?
(a) Score him extra high as a judge.
(b) Help him with his clue.
(c) Tell him what the challenge is.
(d) Disqualify Krum to put Harry ahead.
4. Who intervenes just before Harry is killed by Voldemort's servant?
(a) Mad-Eye Moody.
(b) Ron and Hermione.
(c) Dumbledore, Snape and McGonnegall.
(d) Sirius Black.
5. What happens when Harry looks too closely at a bowl of silvery liquid in Dumbledore's office?
(a) He falls in.
(b) He drinks some of the liquid.
(c) He knocks the bowl over.
(d) He sees something he should not have.
6. Which ghost does Harry see while in the prefect's restroom?
(a) The Bloody Baron.
(b) Nearly Headless Nick.
(c) Moaning Murtle.
7. Why does Fleur hope to come back to England some day?
(a) To attend Hogwarts.
(b) To visit friends she made at Hogwarts.
(c) To learn the language.
(d) To find a husband.
8. What makes Harry feel a little bit better about Cedric's death at the end of the book?
(a) He knows Cedric felt no pain.
(b) Dumbledore reassures him that Harry did not cause Cedric's death.
(c) The Diggorys do not blame Harry.
(d) Cedric's father hugs Harry and thanks him for being Cedric's friend.
9. What alerts Mr. Filch to Harry's after-hours ramble?
(a) Peeves sees him and starts yelling about it.
(b) Mr. Filch hears water running in the restroom and is waiting outside.
(c) The screaming from the egg.
(d) Mrs. Norris sees him and tells Filch.
10. Who placed Harry's name in the Goblet?
(b) Mad-Eye Moody.
11. Who comes to see Harry just before his third challenge?
(a) Mrs. Weasley and Bill.
(b) Remus Lupin.
(c) Ludo Bagman.
(d) Sirius Black.
12. Who tells Rita that Harry can talk to snakes?
(a) Cedric Digggory.
(b) Draco Malfoy.
(c) Victor Krum.
(d) George Weasley.
13. What is Sirius's alias name while hiding in the cave near Hogwarts?
14. How long have the Death Eaters been in hiding?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 12 years.
15. What was Ludo Bagman accused of during the Death Eater trials?
(a) Keeping secrets for Voldemort.
(b) Passing information to Voldemort's supporters.
(c) Housing and protecting a Death Eater.
(d) Lying about his involvement in the Potters' deaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grave are Harry and Cedric standing on when they get to the cemetery?
2. What does the man in Harry's dream during Divination class tell the snake he will feed to it?
3. What does Harry see when his and Voldemort's wands are strangely locked together?
4. What compliment does Krum give Harry while they are walking in the forest?
5. What is the bowl of silvery liquid in Dumbledore's office called?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)