|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose grave are Harry and Cedric standing on when they get to the cemetery?
(a) Salazar Slytherin's.
(b) James Potter's.
(c) Tom Riddle's.
(d) Godric Gryffindor's.
2. What surprising person does Harry see on his Marauder's Map after unlocking the clue of the egg?
(a) Sirius Black.
(c) Ludo Bagman.
(d) Mr. Crouch.
3. How is Voldemort's servant at Hogwarts made to tell his true story?
(a) He tells it out of pride before attempting to kill them all.
(b) Dumbledore places a spell on him.
(c) He is given a truth serum.
(d) He tells the story hoping to not be killed.
4. Who insists on taking Harry to the Hospital Wing when he returns to Hogwarts after the third challenge?
(d) Mad-Eye Moody.
5. How long have the Death Eaters been in hiding?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 16 years.
6. What does Dobby give Harry just before the second task is to begin?
(a) A good luck sock.
(b) A translation book for Merfolk speech.
(c) A spell to summon his broom.
7. Who placed Harry's name in the Goblet?
(d) Mad-Eye Moody.
8. Why does Voldemort give Harry his wand?
(a) He wants Harry to join him.
(b) He never wanted to kill Harry.
(c) He will kill Harry at a later date when his power is fully restored.
(d) He wants to duel.
9. What alerts Mr. Filch to Harry's after-hours ramble?
(a) Peeves sees him and starts yelling about it.
(b) The screaming from the egg.
(c) Mrs. Norris sees him and tells Filch.
(d) Mr. Filch hears water running in the restroom and is waiting outside.
10. Who does Hagrid take as his date to the Yule Ball?
(a) A friend of his from the pub in Hogsmeade.
(b) Professor Sprout.
(c) Professor McGonnegall.
(d) Madame Maxime.
11. Why is Percy present at the Yule Ball?
(a) He is standing in for Mr. Crouch who is ill.
(b) He is one of the extra body guards for Mr. Crouch.
(c) He wanted to see his brothers dance.
(d) He was hired as a chaperone.
12. What is Harry's response to the scolding letter he receives from Sirius?
(a) He takes it very seriously.
(b) He scoffs at it.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He writes back an apologetic reply.
13. What does Wormtail add of his own to the cauldron that Voldemort is in?
(a) His own hand.
(b) A slab of skin.
(c) A finger.
(d) His own ear.
14. Who is Hermione's secret date to the Yule Ball?
(a) Fred Weasley.
(b) Viktor Krum.
(c) Cedric Diggory.
(d) Neville Longbottom.
15. What does Rita Skeeter criticize Dumbledore for doing in her article about Hogwarts?
(a) Not teaching courses himself.
(b) Ignoring Harry.
(c) Hosting the tournament.
(d) Hiring Hagrid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sirius ask Harry to bring when he meets him in town?
2. How did Harry win the Triwizard Tournament?
3. Who turned the Goblet of Fire into a portkey?
4. What does Rita Skeeter say about Harry in her article about him just before the third challenge?
5. What Death Eater's name did Karkaroff give to get himself out of being imprisoned?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)