|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Percy present at the Yule Ball?
(a) He is one of the extra body guards for Mr. Crouch.
(b) He wanted to see his brothers dance.
(c) He was hired as a chaperone.
(d) He is standing in for Mr. Crouch who is ill.
2. What does Krum do to Cedric while in the maze?
(a) Helps him.
(b) Uses the Cruciatus curse on him.
(c) Lies to him.
(d) Tries to stun him.
3. What happens when Harry opens the egg under water?
(a) He hears a rhyme sung.
(b) A written message appears on the water.
(c) He sees an image of a mermaid.
(d) A light appears.
4. What alerts Mr. Filch to Harry's after-hours ramble?
(a) Mr. Filch hears water running in the restroom and is waiting outside.
(b) Peeves sees him and starts yelling about it.
(c) The screaming from the egg.
(d) Mrs. Norris sees him and tells Filch.
5. What do Harry and and his friends do to Malfoy and his friends on the train after the school year has ended?
(a) Fight them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Chase them away with a flurry of spells.
(d) Threaten to spread the news that their fathers are Death Eaters.
6. What does the man in Harry's dream during Divination class tell the snake he will feed to it?
(a) The corpse of a traitor.
(b) A live phoenix.
(d) Harry Potter.
7. What does Harry hear Winky muttering about when they find her drunk in the kitchen?
(a) How much she hates Hogwarts.
(b) How frightened she is of Dumbledore.
(c) How ashamed she was to be fired.
(d) Her old master's secret.
8. What does Harry think Snape is trying to do the day after he figures out the clue in the egg?
(a) Spy on him.
(b) Put him in danger.
(c) Find a way to punish him.
(d) Protect him.
9. What does Rita Skeeter criticize Dumbledore for doing in her article about Hogwarts?
(a) Not teaching courses himself.
(b) Ignoring Harry.
(c) Hosting the tournament.
(d) Hiring Hagrid.
10. Who does Dumbledore entrust for a secret mission after his fight with Fudge?
(d) Sirius Black.
11. Who comes to see Harry just before his third challenge?
(a) Ludo Bagman.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Mrs. Weasley and Bill.
(d) Remus Lupin.
12. How did Harry win the Triwizard Tournament?
(a) The challenges were chosen to suit his strengths.
(b) The contestants were weakened by Voldemort so Harry could win.
(c) Harry was the best winner.
(d) Voldemort's servant helped him all along.
13. What does Rita Skeeter write about Hermione after the second challenge?
(a) She has caused Harry heart-ache.
(b) She was never a good friend to Harry.
(c) She helped Krum to cheat.
(d) She is in love with Harry.
14. Who was Voldemort's servant at Hogwarts?
(a) Mad-Eye Moody.
(b) Sirius Black.
(d) Barty Crouch Jr.
15. Which of these does Voldemort NOT need in order to re-claim his body?
(a) The flesh of a servant willingly given.
(b) The soul of an unwilling victim.
(c) The blood of an enemy taken by force.
(d) His father's bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dumbledore so unhappy about Fudge's punishment to Barty Crouch Jr.?
2. What makes Harry feel a little bit better about Cedric's death at the end of the book?
3. How does Harry sneak into the prefect's restroom?
4. What was the Goblet?
5. What do Ron and Hermione do while Harry is preparing himself for the third challenge?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)