Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dobby tell Harry about the Malfoys?
(a) They are Death Eaters.
(b) They are cruel but stupid.
(c) They dabble in the dark arts.
(d) They hate Harry Potter.
2. What is the name of the Astronomy teacher at Hogwarts?
(a) Professor Trelawney.
(b) Professor Sprout.
(c) Professor Pomfrey.
(d) Professor Sinistra.
3. Why are the other two schools so suspicious of foul play when Harry's name is read as a contestant?
(a) They did not know younger students could enter.
(b) Hogwarts gets two contestants.
(c) They saw one of the teachers entering some extra names late at night.
(d) They feel that Dumbledore has lied to them.
4. How does Winky feel about being freed from her slavery?
(a) She is very happy and grateful.
(b) She is confused and curious about it all.
(c) She hates it and feels ashamed.
(d) She feels sad and lonely.
5. What was the reaction of the crowd when the first three contestants were announced?
(a) There were whispers of congratulations.
(b) There was booing from opposing teams.
(c) They cheered.
(d) There was an anxious silence.
6. Who writes an article about Harry for the Daily Prophet?
(a) Ludo Bagman.
(b) Barty Crouch Jr.
(c) Lorena Beetle.
(d) Rita Skeeter.
7. Why must Sirius hide when he comes to see Harry at Hogwarts?
(a) He is in a fight with Dumbledore.
(b) He is a fugitive.
(c) He has been banned from Hogwarts.
(d) He doesn't want to have to pay to stay there.
8. What is the name of the Wizard's newspaper?
(a) The Daily Prophet.
(b) The Daily Wizard.
(c) The Daily Herald.
(d) The Daily Brew.
9. What spell does Harry practice before his first challenge?
(a) The Patronus Charm.
(b) The Summoning Charm.
(c) The Invisibility Spell.
(d) The Stunning Spell.
10. Who does Ron first ask to the big dance?
(a) Parvati Patil.
(b) Fleur DeLacour.
11. How do the students view Harry after his success in the first challenge?
(a) They ignore him just like before.
(b) They are bitter that he won when Cedric did not.
(c) They spread rumors that he cheated.
(d) He is a hero again.
12. What does Hogwarts do to welcome the other two schools?
(a) Introduces each individual pupil.
(b) Holds a quidditch tournament.
(c) Takes them on a tour of Hogwarts.
(d) Holds a great feast.
13. What does Hagrid do to try and impress Madame Maxim?
(a) Puts on cologne.
(b) Takes her into the forbidden forest.
(c) Makes her dinner.
(d) Dances with her.
14. How many fans fit in the Quidditch Cup stadium?
15. How did Mrs. Weasley purchase Harry's new dress robes?
(a) She sold her clock to obtain the funds.
(b) She used his own money.
(c) She made some for him.
(d) She did some extra work to afford them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the wizards all have to dress in muggle clothing while at the campsite for the Quidditch World Cup?
2. Who is the only student who can withstand the Imperius Curse in Moody's class?
3. Why is Mad-Eye Moody so paranoid?
4. Why is Harry forced to compete even with all the controversy surrounding his entry?
5. Who does Harry first invite to the big dance?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)