|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the other two schools so suspicious of foul play when Harry's name is read as a contestant?
(a) They saw one of the teachers entering some extra names late at night.
(b) They feel that Dumbledore has lied to them.
(c) Hogwarts gets two contestants.
(d) They did not know younger students could enter.
2. Whys is this summer worse than all the others Harry has spent with the Dursleys?
(a) Dudley is on a diet.
(b) Harry is being punished for what he did to Marge last summer.
(c) Vernon won't allow Hedwig in the house.
(d) This vacation is 2 weeks longer than normal.
3. Where does Harry go just after leaving the Dursley's house?
(b) The Quidditch cup finals.
(c) The Leaky Cauldron.
(d) The Burrow.
4. Why is Mad-Eye Moody so paranoid?
(a) He spent years chasing bad wizards.
(b) He has a spell over him that makes him distrust people.
(c) He was hunted by Voldemort.
(d) Many people very close to him have betrayed him.
5. Who does Harry decide to tell about his scar hurting?
(b) Sirius Black.
6. How many contestants are chosen for the tournament?
7. Who is criticized in the newspaper for the embarrassing situation with Mad-Eye Moody?
(a) Mr. Weasley.
(b) Mr. Diggory.
(c) Mr. Granger.
(d) Mr. Malfoy.
8. Which tournament champion does Malfoy root for?
(a) Harry Potter.
(b) Fleur DeLacour.
(c) Cedric Diggory.
(d) Victor Krum.
9. What does Hogwarts do to welcome the other two schools?
(a) Takes them on a tour of Hogwarts.
(b) Holds a great feast.
(c) Holds a quidditch tournament.
(d) Introduces each individual pupil.
10. What happens when Harry's name is read by the Goblet of Fire?
(a) There is a stunned silence.
(b) Mr. Crouch gets red and huffy.
(c) Dumbledore orders him out of the room.
(d) The crowd cheers.
11. How do the Durmstrang boys arrive at Hogwarts?
(a) On flying carpets.
(b) In a train that rides no rails.
(c) In a carriage drawn by giant horses.
(d) In an old but magical wooden ship.
12. What did Karkaroff used to be before he taught at Durmstrang?
(a) An auror.
(b) A dragon tamer.
(c) A Dark Arts Teacher.
(d) A Death Eater.
13. What is the name of Hermione's society to protect House Elves?
14. How old is Harry at the beginning of the book?
15. Why is Ron so embarrassed by his dress robes?
(a) They are old and shabby.
(b) They are not like Harry's.
(c) He hates using hand-me-downs.
(d) He hates dressing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are all the fourth years complaining about during their first term at Hogwarts?
2. What does Hagrid do to try and impress Madame Maxim?
3. What is an Auror?
4. What happens when Dudley eats a toffee left on the ground by the twins?
5. Who is the captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team at Hogwarts?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)