|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of World War II, what coalition included France, Poland, the United Kingdom, the British Commonwealth nations, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the Union of South Africa?
2. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
3. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
4. What was the name of Stahl's wife?
5. "Lanik" begins with Lanik and __________surveying the Glass House.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of Marienbad and discuss the theme of adultery in the novel. How does the term "progressive" apply to both Viktor's lifestyle and his aesthetic?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history and use of onyx and the mythology of Venus relating to onyx. Why did Rainer insist this material was perfect for the house?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Adolf Hitler and the rise of the Nazi party. How is Hitler's influence seen in the novel?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)