|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Concert" Hana takes Stahl to the Glass Room, where Hana shows him _________ in evening sunlight?
2. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
3. What was Lanik's position at the Landauer House?
4. Whom does the official tell to go to the hut in "Ocean"?
5. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, analyze, and discuss the character of Lanik in the novel. What does Lanik represent symbolically? How is he related to the Landauer family?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Marienbad and discuss the theme of adultery in the novel. How does the term "progressive" apply to both Viktor's lifestyle and his aesthetic?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the character of Kata in the novel. How does Viktor's relationship with Kata begin? How does their relationship evolve in the narrative?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)