|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
2. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
3. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
4. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
5. Zdenka had what profession before becoming a physiotherapist?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plight of Jews during World War II and the status of the war in "Anschluss." What dangers did Viktor's family face from the Nazis?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history and impact of World War I in Europe. How was Czechoslovakia affected by the war? How is this impact seen in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Stahl and his work at the Landauer House. What was the aim of the laboratory installed in the Landauer House? Is the laboratory based on true events in history?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)