|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
2. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
3. In "Comfort," Hana breaks the ice by insisting she must tell Zdenka that she had a baby where?
4. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
5. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Stahl and his work at the Landauer House. What was the aim of the laboratory installed in the Landauer House? Is the laboratory based on true events in history?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the setting of Czechoslovakia and the history of the Villa Tugendhat. How did this house inspire the author to write the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events in "Encounter" and "Chata" and Kata's integration with the Landauer family. How does Viktor react upon seeing Kata at the fundraiser? How does Liesel?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)