Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
2. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
3. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
4. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
5. Zdenka had what profession before becoming a physiotherapist?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss symbolism and metaphor surrounding the house in the novel. What are elements of foreshadowing related to the house?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of the beginning of the novel and the background of the central characters. Where is Vienna in relation to Czechoslovakia and the Landauers' home?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the modernist movement in architecture and the impact of Mies van der Rohe in that movement. What are common elements of this style and approach?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)