|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Decision," Stahl has the opportunity to meet whom when he and other Jews are brought in to be measured?
2. Tomas first met Zdenka in the gymnasium that he calls _________.
3. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
4. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
5. In "Storm," Stahl is furious because Hana has not _________.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history and impact of World War I in Europe. How was Czechoslovakia affected by the war? How is this impact seen in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the setting of Czechoslovakia and the history of the Villa Tugendhat. How did this house inspire the author to write the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the character of Hana in the narrative. How is Hana described by the author? How does Liesel feel about her friend?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)