|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Liesel discover in bed together in "Exile"?
(a) Lanik and Kata.
(b) Viktor and Kata.
(c) Viktor and Marika.
(d) Oskar and Hana.
2. What are the passengers on the train told to line up on the platform with in "Ocean"?
(a) Their insurance cards.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their papers.
(d) Their luggage.
3. Whom does the official tell to go to the hut in "Ocean"?
4. One day in "Dissolution," Liesel receives a disturbing letter from her mother who calls the Nazis what?
(b) "Those people."
(c) "Her people."
5. In "Storm," Hana asks Stahl about all of the Jews that are being forced into camps in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
2. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
3. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
4. How do Hana and Liesel keep in touch in "Exile"?
5. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
2. What information does Lanik reveal about the Landauers in "Lanik"?
3. Where is the Landauer family in the chapter titled "Exile"? What does Liesel begin to notice in this chapter?
4. What obstacles do the Landauers face in "Flight"?
5. What does Hana's character symbolize in the novel? What purpose does she serve in the narrative?
6. What causes the train with the Landauers to stop in "Ocean"?
7. Where does Viktor spend most of his time in "Dissolution"? How is his relationship with Liesel?
8. What does Liesel dream about in "Dissolution"? What letter does she receive?
9. How is Lanik's life and surroundings described in "Lanik"? Where does he spend his time during the war?
10. How is the character of Eve introduced in "Berta"?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)