|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
(a) Viktor and Hana's.
(b) Marika and Viktor's.
(c) Viktor and Kata's.
(d) Tomas and Zdenka's.
2. What does Lanik drink in the chapter titled "Lanik"?
(d) Coca Cola.
3. In "Storm," Hana asks Stahl about all of the Jews that are being forced into camps in what country?
4. Who, according to Liesel during an argument, is Victor's responsibility during their argument in "Ocean"?
(a) Kata and Liesel.
(b) Oskar and Hana.
(c) Liesel and the children.
(d) Kata and Marika.
5. Whom does Liesel dream of constantly in "Dissolution"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tomas is a doctor who works at what kind of establishment?
2. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
3. "Lanik" begins with Lanik and __________surveying the Glass House.
4. At the start of World War II, what coalition included France, Poland, the United Kingdom, the British Commonwealth nations, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the Union of South Africa?
5. In "Berta" the reader is introduced to what woman that Tomas has slept with for many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles do the Landauers face in "Flight"?
2. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
3. Describe the reunion between the Landauers and Rainer von Abt in "Rainer." Where is the architect working now?
4. How does Liesel feel about going to America in "Leaving"? What does Viktor tell her?
5. Who is taken off the train in "Ocean"? What does Viktor do to try to assuage the situation?
6. How is Lanik's life and surroundings described in "Lanik"? Where does he spend his time during the war?
7. Describe the character of Tomas. How does Tomas relate to Viktor?
8. What does Hana reveal in her letter to Liesel in "Leaving"?
9. What does Hana relate about her time in the concentration camp in "Comfort"?
10. Describe the subjects in "Occupation." What are the scientists working on?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)