|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
(a) Liesel and Viktor.
(b) Viktor and Kata.
(c) Kata and Marika.
(d) Ottilie and Martin.
2. Tomas is a doctor who works at what kind of establishment?
(a) A neuropsychological facility.
(b) An insane asylum.
(c) A facility for the elderly.
(d) A rehabilitation hospital for children.
3. What was the name of Stahl's wife?
4. In "Confession," Zdenka reveals that she and ___________ are back together?
5. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Lanik" begins with Lanik and __________surveying the Glass House.
2. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
3. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
4. Whom does the official tell to go to the hut in "Ocean"?
5. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hana's character symbolize in the novel? What purpose does she serve in the narrative?
2. What does Hana reveal in her letter to Liesel in "Leaving"?
3. What causes panic at the Landauer House in "Protektor"?
4. What is Stahl's response when Hana tells him she is pregnant in "Storm"?
5. Who is taken off the train in "Ocean"? What does Viktor do to try to assuage the situation?
6. How does Liesel feel about going to America in "Leaving"? What does Viktor tell her?
7. How is the end of the war described in "Soviets"?
8. Describe the photographs Hana shows Zdenka in "Confession." What does Hana confess in this chapter?
9. How is Lanik's life and surroundings described in "Lanik"? Where does he spend his time during the war?
10. What is the meeting like between Zdenka and Hana in "Confession"? What does Hana warn Zdenka of in this chapter?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)