|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin is the son of whom?
2. In "Ondine" the reader learns about a child patient who stops breathing ___________.
(a) When she is frightened.
(b) When she plays.
(c) When she is underwater.
(d) When she sleeps.
3. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
4. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
(a) The garden.
(b) The Glass Room.
(c) A parking lot.
(d) In America.
5. In "Confession," Zdenka reveals that she and ___________ are back together?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
2. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
3. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now working for what university?
4. Whom, according to Liesel's mother, was sent away in her letter in "Dissolution"?
5. Where is the seat of federal authorities in Switzerland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is metaphorical about the story told in "Ondine"? How does this myth relate to Tomas?
2. What causes the train with the Landauers to stop in "Ocean"?
3. Who takes over the Landauer House in "Occupation"? For what purpose is it used?
4. How is the end of the war described in "Soviets"?
5. Where is the Landauer family in the chapter titled "Exile"? What does Liesel begin to notice in this chapter?
6. What does Hana's character symbolize in the novel? What purpose does she serve in the narrative?
7. How does Liesel feel about going to America in "Leaving"? What does Viktor tell her?
8. How is the character of Eve introduced in "Berta"?
9. Describe the photographs Hana shows Zdenka in "Confession." What does Hana confess in this chapter?
10. Where does Viktor spend most of his time in "Dissolution"? How is his relationship with Liesel?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)