|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
(a) Taken to America.
2. Viktor gets into an argument with an official in "Ocean" and is hit with what object?
(a) A pan handle.
(b) A whip.
(c) A book.
(d) The butt of a gun.
3. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
(a) The British army.
(c) The United States.
(d) The Russian army.
4. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
5. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Stahl's wife?
2. Martin is the son of whom?
3. One day in "Dissolution," Liesel receives a disturbing letter from her mother who calls the Nazis what?
4. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now building skyscrapers in what country?
5. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hana reveal in her letter to Liesel in "Leaving"?
2. What causes panic at the Landauer House in "Protektor"?
3. What obstacles do the Landauers face in "Flight"?
4. Describe the encounter between Stahl and Hana in "Encounter." What strikes Stahl about Hana?
5. How is the character of Eve introduced in "Berta"?
6. Describe the character of Tomas. How does Tomas relate to Viktor?
7. How is the end of the war described in "Soviets"?
8. What information does Lanik reveal about the Landauers in "Lanik"?
9. Describe the reunion between the Landauers and Rainer von Abt in "Rainer." Where is the architect working now?
10. How is Lanik's life and surroundings described in "Lanik"? Where does he spend his time during the war?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)