|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
2. What does Liesel do when she discovers the house has been taken over by the Germans in "Exile"?
(a) She calls her mother.
(b) She flies to France.
(c) She calls Hana.
(d) She breaks down.
3. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
4. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
(a) The United States.
(b) The Russian army.
(c) The British army.
5. Where does Ondine go to die in grief?
(a) To the prairie.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To the mountain.
(d) To the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
2. In "Rainer," Liesel kisses Rainer von Abt goodbye and notices that she always forgets how ________ he is in her memories?
3. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
4. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
5. Martin is the son of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes over the Landauer House in "Occupation"? For what purpose is it used?
2. Describe the photographs Hana shows Zdenka in "Confession." What does Hana confess in this chapter?
3. How is Lanik's life and surroundings described in "Lanik"? Where does he spend his time during the war?
4. What is the meeting like between Zdenka and Hana in "Confession"? What does Hana warn Zdenka of in this chapter?
5. How is the end of the war described in "Soviets"?
6. What does Liesel dream about in "Dissolution"? What letter does she receive?
7. How does Liesel feel about going to America in "Leaving"? What does Viktor tell her?
8. What obstacles do the Landauers face in "Flight"?
9. How is the character of Eve introduced in "Berta"?
10. What does Hana relate about her time in the concentration camp in "Comfort"?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)