|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
(d) Taken to America.
2. Tomas first met Zdenka in the gymnasium that he calls _________.
(a) The Red Room.
(b) The Glass Room.
(c) The Black Room.
(d) The Onyx Room.
3. In "Concert" Hana takes Stahl to the Glass Room, where Hana shows him _________ in evening sunlight?
(a) The iron gate.
(b) The onyx wall.
(c) The marble wall.
(d) The garden patio.
4. As "Exile" begins, the Landauer family settles into a small villa in __________.
5. What was Lanik's position at the Landauer House?
(d) Court jester.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Storm," Stahl does not understand Hana's concern for the Jews until she reveals what information?
2. Whom does Liesel dream of constantly in "Dissolution"?
3. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
4. Whom does Liesel discover in bed together in "Exile"?
5. When did World War II end?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between Stahl and Hana in "Encounter." What strikes Stahl about Hana?
2. How is the character of Eve introduced in "Berta"?
3. Describe the character of Tomas. How does Tomas relate to Viktor?
4. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
5. How is the end of the war described in "Soviets"?
6. What obstacles do the Landauers face in "Flight"?
7. What is Stahl's response when Hana tells him she is pregnant in "Storm"?
8. What does Hana relate about her time in the concentration camp in "Comfort"?
9. What is metaphorical about the story told in "Ondine"? How does this myth relate to Tomas?
10. Whom does Lanik show around the Landauer House in "Dispossession"? What happens at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)