|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As "Exile" begins, the Landauer family settles into a small villa in __________.
2. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
3. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
(a) A dog.
(c) A Jew.
(d) A whore.
4. When did World War II end?
5. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
2. "Lanik" begins with Lanik and __________surveying the Glass House.
3. When the train finally takes off in "Ocean," Liesel is dejected because she realizes what fact about her husband?
4. "Swimming" begins with a letter from Hana to Liesel in which she describes the German scientist and what?
5. What does Liesel do when she discovers the house has been taken over by the Germans in "Exile"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the photographs Hana shows Zdenka in "Confession." What does Hana confess in this chapter?
2. How is Lanik's life and surroundings described in "Lanik"? Where does he spend his time during the war?
3. How is the character of Eve introduced in "Berta"?
4. Describe the encounter between Stahl and Hana in "Encounter." What strikes Stahl about Hana?
5. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
6. Who takes over the Landauer House in "Occupation"? For what purpose is it used?
7. What causes the train with the Landauers to stop in "Ocean"?
8. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
9. Whom does Lanik show around the Landauer House in "Dispossession"? What happens at the end of this chapter?
10. What does Hana relate about her time in the concentration camp in "Comfort"?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)