|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin is the son of whom?
2. One day in "Dissolution," Liesel receives a disturbing letter from her mother who calls the Nazis what?
(a) "Those people."
(b) "Her people."
3. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
(a) Kata and Marika.
(b) Viktor and Kata.
(c) Ottilie and Martin.
(d) Liesel and Viktor.
4. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
(a) A Jew.
(c) A whore.
(d) A dog.
5. When did World War II end?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
2. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
3. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
4. Where does a bomb land in "Lanik"?
5. Where is the seat of federal authorities in Switzerland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hana relate about her time in the concentration camp in "Comfort"?
2. Whom does Lanik show around the Landauer House in "Dispossession"? What happens at the end of this chapter?
3. How is the character of Eve introduced in "Berta"?
4. What information does Lanik reveal about the Landauers in "Lanik"?
5. What obstacles do the Landauers face in "Flight"?
6. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
7. Describe the subjects in "Occupation." What are the scientists working on?
8. What is metaphorical about the story told in "Ondine"? How does this myth relate to Tomas?
9. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
10. What does Hana's character symbolize in the novel? What purpose does she serve in the narrative?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)