|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Protektor" there is panic in the Glass Room because who has decided to visit?
(b) Rainer von Abt.
(d) A high ranking Nazi official.
2. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
(a) A dog.
(b) A whore.
(c) A Jew.
3. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
4. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
(a) The Russian army.
(c) The British army.
(d) The United States.
5. Where did Hana end up, as revealed in "Confession"?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) London, England.
(c) Zurich, Switzerland.
(d) Ravensbruck, Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lanik drink in the chapter titled "Lanik"?
2. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
3. In "Confession," Zdenka reveals that she and ___________ are back together?
4. In "Flight," the Landauers begin their drive toward the airport, but notice that many of the roads are ______.
5. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reunion between the Landauers and Rainer von Abt in "Rainer." Where is the architect working now?
2. What obstacles do the Landauers face in "Flight"?
3. Describe the photographs Hana shows Zdenka in "Confession." What does Hana confess in this chapter?
4. Who takes over the Landauer House in "Occupation"? For what purpose is it used?
5. What is the meeting like between Zdenka and Hana in "Confession"? What does Hana warn Zdenka of in this chapter?
6. How is the character of Eve introduced in "Berta"?
7. Whom does Lanik show around the Landauer House in "Dispossession"? What happens at the end of this chapter?
8. What causes the train with the Landauers to stop in "Ocean"?
9. What information does Lanik reveal about the Landauers in "Lanik"?
10. What causes panic at the Landauer House in "Protektor"?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)