|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
(a) Looking for Hana.
(b) Trying to find Ottilie.
(c) Trying to find Kata.
(d) Looking for Oskar.
2. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
(b) Wearing a tiara.
(c) Wearing a gown.
(d) In a wig.
3. Ondine was a water nymph who fell in love with what?
(a) A human.
(b) A faun.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A god.
4. In "Leman," the Landauers have left which city and continued their journey westward?
5. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What German Nazi scientist opens a laboratory in the old Landauer home in "Occupation"?
2. In "Departure," Liesel's family must leave what city to catch their next train?
3. Viktor gets into an argument with an official in "Ocean" and is hit with what object?
4. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
5. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liesel dream about in "Dissolution"? What letter does she receive?
2. How is the end of the war described in "Soviets"?
3. Where is the Landauer family in the chapter titled "Exile"? What does Liesel begin to notice in this chapter?
4. What causes panic at the Landauer House in "Protektor"?
5. Describe the reunion between the Landauers and Rainer von Abt in "Rainer." Where is the architect working now?
6. How does Liesel feel about going to America in "Leaving"? What does Viktor tell her?
7. Describe the encounter between Stahl and Hana in "Encounter." What strikes Stahl about Hana?
8. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
9. What causes the train with the Landauers to stop in "Ocean"?
10. What does Hana reveal in her letter to Liesel in "Leaving"?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)