|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
(a) The Glass Room.
(b) A parking lot.
(c) In America.
(d) The garden.
2. In "Flight," the Landauers (along with Kata and Marika) are finally finished with ____________.
(a) Warring with one another.
(c) Building the house.
3. In "Departure," Liesel's family must leave what city to catch their next train?
4. When the train finally takes off in "Ocean," Liesel is dejected because she realizes what fact about her husband?
(a) Is already married.
(b) Is leaving her.
(c) Has children by another woman.
(d) Never loved her.
5. Where did Hana end up, as revealed in "Confession"?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) London, England.
(c) Ravensbruck, Germany.
(d) Zurich, Switzerland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
2. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
3. What are the passengers on the train told to line up on the platform with in "Ocean"?
4. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
5. Whom, according to Liesel's mother, was sent away in her letter in "Dissolution"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lanik's life and surroundings described in "Lanik"? Where does he spend his time during the war?
2. Where is the Landauer family in the chapter titled "Exile"? What does Liesel begin to notice in this chapter?
3. Why does Liesel verbally attack Viktor in "Ocean"? How do each of them feel at the end of this chapter?
4. Where does Viktor spend most of his time in "Dissolution"? How is his relationship with Liesel?
5. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
6. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
7. Describe the reunion between the Landauers and Rainer von Abt in "Rainer." Where is the architect working now?
8. What does Liesel dream about in "Dissolution"? What letter does she receive?
9. What is metaphorical about the story told in "Ondine"? How does this myth relate to Tomas?
10. What does Hana reveal in her letter to Liesel in "Leaving"?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)