|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a bomb land in "Lanik"?
(a) In the kitchen of the Landauer House.
(b) In the bathroom of the Landauer House.
(c) The garden outside of the Landauer House.
(d) In the Glass Room.
2. One day in "Dissolution," Liesel receives a disturbing letter from her mother who calls the Nazis what?
(c) "Those people."
(d) "Her people."
3. What was Lanik's position at the Landauer House?
(b) Court jester.
4. In "Ondine" the reader learns about a child patient who stops breathing ___________.
(a) When she is frightened.
(b) When she is underwater.
(c) When she sleeps.
(d) When she plays.
5. Whom does the official tell to go to the hut in "Ocean"?
Short Answer Questions
1. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
2. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
3. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
4. In "Decision," Stahl has the opportunity to meet whom when he and other Jews are brought in to be measured?
5. Tomas is a doctor who works at what kind of establishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Viktor spend most of his time in "Dissolution"? How is his relationship with Liesel?
2. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
3. Whom does Lanik show around the Landauer House in "Dispossession"? What happens at the end of this chapter?
4. How does Liesel feel about going to America in "Leaving"? What does Viktor tell her?
5. What does Hana's character symbolize in the novel? What purpose does she serve in the narrative?
6. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
7. What does Hana relate about her time in the concentration camp in "Comfort"?
8. What does Hana reveal in her letter to Liesel in "Leaving"?
9. Describe the photographs Hana shows Zdenka in "Confession." What does Hana confess in this chapter?
10. What information does Lanik reveal about the Landauers in "Lanik"?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)