|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 6 months.
2. In "Paris," Tomas is scheduled to attend a medical conference and arrange for whom to attend?
3. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
(a) The Axis powers.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Allies.
4. Where does a bomb land in "Lanik"?
(a) The garden outside of the Landauer House.
(b) In the kitchen of the Landauer House.
(c) In the Glass Room.
(d) In the bathroom of the Landauer House.
5. In "Ocean," the Landauers watch as some people in the front of the line are being let back on board the train while others are being taken to which location?
(a) To an incinerator.
(b) To another train.
(c) To a hut.
(d) To a prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
2. In "Departure," Liesel's family must leave what city to catch their next train?
3. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
4. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
5. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hana's character symbolize in the novel? What purpose does she serve in the narrative?
2. How is the character of Eve introduced in "Berta"?
3. What obstacles do the Landauers face in "Flight"?
4. How does Liesel feel about going to America in "Leaving"? What does Viktor tell her?
5. What causes panic at the Landauer House in "Protektor"?
6. Describe the subjects in "Occupation." What are the scientists working on?
7. What causes the train with the Landauers to stop in "Ocean"?
8. What is the meeting like between Zdenka and Hana in "Confession"? What does Hana warn Zdenka of in this chapter?
9. Where does Viktor spend most of his time in "Dissolution"? How is his relationship with Liesel?
10. Who takes over the Landauer House in "Occupation"? For what purpose is it used?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)