|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
(a) The cross.
(b) The swastika.
(c) The pentacle.
(d) The pentagram.
2. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
3. Who attends the Landauers house-warming party and completely basks in all the glory of the house?
(c) Rainer von Abt.
4. In "Hana," Hana insists that nothing is sacred and that Liesel's marriage is __________.
(a) A business plan.
(b) Only a contract.
(d) A trap.
5. In "Birth," Viktor assesses Liesel's new form in her second pregnancy and believes she no longer looks human, but ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
2. In "Completion," Liesel's mother thinks the house looks like ____________.
3. In "Gossip," Liesel learns that her nanny will leave the family for what reason?
4. In "Birth," while Viktor constantly travels, Liesel is kept busy with whom?
5. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hana reveal in her letter to Liesel in "Leaving"?
2. What does the architect think of Liesel and Viktor in "Honeymoon"? What does he relate about his work?
3. Discuss the sexual motifs in "Ecstasy." Whom does Hana develop feelings for in this chapter?
4. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
5. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
6. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
7. How is Lanik's life and surroundings described in "Lanik"? Where does he spend his time during the war?
8. What does Vesley inform the Landauer family of in "Contact"? What is their reaction?
9. What does Hana's character symbolize in the novel? What purpose does she serve in the narrative?
10. How does Liesel feel about going to America in "Leaving"? What does Viktor tell her?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)