|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Birth," Viktor assesses Liesel's new form in her second pregnancy and believes she no longer looks human, but ____________.
2. In "Small Issue," Viktor decides that what month is the latest the family can stay in Czechoslovakia?
3. Whom does Liesel suggest as the new nanny in "Gossip"?
4. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
5. At a dinner party in "Ecstasy," Viktor, Liesel, and Hana all meet what individual whom Hana places as an actor in pornographic films?
(d) Frau Mandl.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Adolf Hitler born?
2. In "Encounter," Kata explains to the group that she was working where when the Nazis raided the shop?
3. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
4. What does Viktor know his children are now considered in "A Day in the Life"?
5. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect describes wanting to build a house that does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
2. What is described in "A Day in the Life"? What thoughts consume Viktor in this chapter?
3. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
4. Describe the political landscape in "Anschluss." What concerns does Viktor have?
5. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
6. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
7. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
8. Why do Liesel and Viktor have the baby baptized in "Construction"? What do they argue about?
9. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
10. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)