|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
2. With what famous pianist does Hana describe having an affair in "Hana"?
(a) Dunja Rajter.
(b) Michal Štantejský.
(c) Alexander Beyer.
(d) Miroslav Nemec.
3. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
4. In "Hana," Hana insists that nothing is sacred and that Liesel's marriage is __________.
(a) A business plan.
(c) A trap.
(d) Only a contract.
5. What famous pianist plays at the housewarming party hosted by the Landauers?
(c) Maestro Nemec.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
2. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
3. In "Completion," Liesel's mother thinks the house looks like ____________.
4. What is the name of the architect Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon?
5. When Viktor and Liesel solicit the architect from their honeymoon to build them a house, he at first seems hesitant, insisting it is too much pressure to build a house for ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Liesel and Viktor have the baby baptized in "Construction"? What do they argue about?
2. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
3. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
4. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
5. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
6. What does Rainer relate of his ideas for the house in "Conception"?
7. What emotional conflict does Hana face in "Memories"? Who consoles her?
8. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
9. How is the fundraiser described in "Recital"? What does the author write of the house in this chapter?
10. Where do Liesel and Viktor live in "Conception"? Who visits them?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)