|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
(a) An architectural journal.
(b) An American magazine.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) An art journal.
2. During "Honeymoon," Liesel is only saddened when she thinks about whom?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her older brother.
(c) Her former husband.
(d) Her father.
3. In "Interior," Viktor and Liesel go where for a holiday?
4. When Viktor and Liesel solicit the architect from their honeymoon to build them a house, he at first seems hesitant, insisting it is too much pressure to build a house for ___________.
(a) An individual.
(b) A corporation.
(c) Jewish people.
5. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
(a) "With Love, Viktor."
(b) "Be Mine, Viktor."
(c) "I Love You, Viktor."
(d) "Ever Yours, Viktor."
Short Answer Questions
1. As "Proposal" begins, Viktor goes to Kata's cottage to speak to her about what?
2. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
3. What Nazi has been invited to the dinner party hosted by the Landauers in "Dinner"?
4. Where do Liesel and Viktor Landauer begin their honeymoon in "Honeymoon"?
5. The house that is being designed for Liesel and Viktor is described as looking ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rainer relate of his ideas for the house in "Conception"?
2. What does Vesley inform the Landauer family of in "Contact"? What is their reaction?
3. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
4. How have the Landauers changed in "Contact"? How much time has passed?
5. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
6. What does Liesel relate of her current life to Hana in "Letter"?
7. Describe the subjects in "Occupation." What are the scientists working on?
8. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
9. What is metaphorical about the story told in "Ondine"? How does this myth relate to Tomas?
10. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)