|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Robots," Viktor goes to the cottage to see Kata. Because she is not there, he writes her a note saying what?
(a) How much he loves her.
(b) He is getting divorced.
(c) How much he misses her.
(d) He is leaving.
2. With what famous pianist does Hana describe having an affair in "Hana"?
(a) Miroslav Nemec.
(b) Dunja Rajter.
(c) Michal Štantejský.
(d) Alexander Beyer.
3. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
(a) The Cheb District.
(b) The Sokolov District.
(c) The Klínovec Region.
(d) The Karlovy Vary Region.
4. Although Liesel and Viktor are both nonreligious, they decide to have their daughter baptized to make whom happy?
(a) Liesel's mother.
(c) Rainer von Abt.
5. In "Small Issue," Viktor decides that what month is the latest the family can stay in Czechoslovakia?
Short Answer Questions
1. As "Memories" begins, Hana reveals that which lover is leaving her?
2. In "Birth," Viktor assesses Liesel's new form in her second pregnancy and believes she no longer looks human, but ____________.
3. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
4. What does Kata tell Viktor her profession is in "Exterior"?
5. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect insists that they will not be building a house for __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
2. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
3. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
4. Describe the outline of the house in "Gestation." What elements of the house are nontraditional?
5. What does the architect think of Liesel and Viktor in "Honeymoon"? What does he relate about his work?
6. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
7. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
8. Why do Liesel and Viktor have the baby baptized in "Construction"? What do they argue about?
9. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
10. Where do Liesel and Viktor live in "Conception"? Who visits them?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)