|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kata's daughter?
2. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect describes wanting to build a house that does what?
(a) Floats on water.
(b) Floats on air.
(c) Represents freedom.
(d) Stands up to the elements.
3. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
4. Who attends the Landauers house-warming party and completely basks in all the glory of the house?
(d) Rainer von Abt.
5. How is the roof of the house being designed for Liesel and Viktor described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Liesel and Viktor are both nonreligious, they decide to have their daughter baptized to make whom happy?
2. At a dinner party in "Ecstasy," Viktor, Liesel, and Hana all meet what individual whom Hana places as an actor in pornographic films?
3. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
4. In "Robots," Viktor goes to the cottage to see Kata. Because she is not there, he writes her a note saying what?
5. As "Memories" begins, Hana reveals that which lover is leaving her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
2. Describe the character of Hana, as revealed in her first appearances in "Hana." How does Hana know Liesel?
3. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
4. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
5. What emotional conflict does Hana face in "Memories"? Who consoles her?
6. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
7. What does the architect think of Liesel and Viktor in "Honeymoon"? What does he relate about his work?
8. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
9. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
10. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)