|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Anschluss," Viktor suggests to Liesel that they do what in order to help some of the refugees flooding into Czechoslovakia?
(a) Sell their paintings.
(b) Host a fundraiser.
(c) Open a hospital.
(d) Open a school.
2. In "Chata," Viktor goes to whom to let him know that he will become the CEO of Landauer Motors?
(a) Liesel's father.
3. Whom does Liesel suggest as the new nanny in "Gossip"?
4. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
(a) The swastika.
(b) The pentagram.
(c) The pentacle.
(d) The cross.
5. What is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Adolf Hitler born?
2. Who comforts Hana after her lover leaves her in "Memories"?
3. Where are Liesel and Viktor from?
4. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect describes wanting to build a house that does what?
5. What is the name of Viktor and Liesel's daughter in "Construction"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the fundraiser described in "Recital"? What does the author write of the house in this chapter?
2. What does Viktor discuss with Kata in "Proposal"? What concerns does Kata have?
3. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
4. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
5. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
6. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
7. What is foreshadowed about the house in "Completion"?
8. Discuss the sexual motifs in "Ecstasy." Whom does Hana develop feelings for in this chapter?
9. What is described in "A Day in the Life"? What thoughts consume Viktor in this chapter?
10. What does the architect think of Liesel and Viktor in "Honeymoon"? What does he relate about his work?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)