|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Completion," Liesel's mother thinks the house looks like ____________.
(a) A cathedral.
(b) A laboratory or hospital.
(c) A museum.
(d) A school or office.
2. In "Gossip," Liesel learns that her nanny will leave the family for what reason?
(a) To go to Israel.
(b) To join the Nazi party.
(c) To get married.
(d) To go to school.
3. In "Birth," Viktor assesses Liesel's new form in her second pregnancy and believes she no longer looks human, but ____________.
4. What is the name of the Landauers' family driver and handyman?
5. What is Hana's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Liesel wants to offer Kata and her fellow refugees what in order to help them in "Encounter"?
2. What is the name of Viktor and Liesel's daughter in "Construction"?
3. In "Robots," Viktor goes to the cottage to see Kata. Because she is not there, he writes her a note saying what?
4. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
5. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
2. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
3. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
4. How does the affair between Viktor and Kata rekindle in "Ship"?
5. What does the architect think of Liesel and Viktor in "Honeymoon"? What does he relate about his work?
6. What emotional conflict does Hana face in "Memories"? Who consoles her?
7. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
8. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
9. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
10. Describe the political landscape in "Anschluss." What concerns does Viktor have?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)