|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
(a) The Allied Powers.
(b) The Axis Powers.
(c) The ACLU.
(d) The Human Rights League.
2. What Nazi has been invited to the dinner party hosted by the Landauers in "Dinner"?
(b) Rainer von Abt.
(c) Maestro Nemec.
(d) Herr Schreiber.
3. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is divorced.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. Who comforts Hana after her lover leaves her in "Memories"?
5. In "Small Issue," Viktor decides that what month is the latest the family can stay in Czechoslovakia?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect describes wanting to build a house that does what?
2. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
3. When Viktor leaves Kata in "Love," he gives her a check for how much money?
4. In "Conception," the architect tells Liesel and Viktor that he wishes to not only design the outside of the house, he now wants to create what on the inside of the house?
5. What famous pianist plays at the housewarming party hosted by the Landauers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
2. Describe the character of Hana, as revealed in her first appearances in "Hana." How does Hana know Liesel?
3. Why do Liesel and Viktor have the baby baptized in "Construction"? What do they argue about?
4. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
5. What is described in "A Day in the Life"? What thoughts consume Viktor in this chapter?
6. What does Rainer relate of his ideas for the house in "Conception"?
7. Describe the outline of the house in "Gestation." What elements of the house are nontraditional?
8. What emotional conflict does Hana face in "Memories"? Who consoles her?
9. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
10. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)