|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
2. What is the name of Viktor and Liesel's daughter in "Construction"?
3. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
(a) An art journal.
(b) An architectural journal.
(c) An American magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
4. The architect that Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon is from where?
5. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
2. In "Ship," Kata has moved where?
3. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect insists that they will not be building a house for __________.
4. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
5. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
2. What does Viktor discuss with Kata in "Proposal"? What concerns does Kata have?
3. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
4. What emotional conflict does Hana face in "Memories"? Who consoles her?
5. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
6. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
7. How is the fundraiser described in "Recital"? What does the author write of the house in this chapter?
8. Why do Liesel and Viktor have the baby baptized in "Construction"? What do they argue about?
9. How does the affair between Viktor and Kata rekindle in "Ship"?
10. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)