|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She is divorced.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
(a) "Be Mine, Viktor."
(b) "I Love You, Viktor."
(c) "Ever Yours, Viktor."
(d) "With Love, Viktor."
3. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
4. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
5. Where do Liesel and Viktor travel to attempt to rekindle their passion in "Birth"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Hana after her lover leaves her in "Memories"?
2. As "Memories" begins, Hana reveals that which lover is leaving her?
3. What is Hana's last name?
4. In "Birth," Viktor assesses Liesel's new form in her second pregnancy and believes she no longer looks human, but ____________.
5. Venice is a city in what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Liesel and Viktor live in "Conception"? Who visits them?
2. What does Rainer relate of his ideas for the house in "Conception"?
3. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
4. Why do Liesel and Viktor have the baby baptized in "Construction"? What do they argue about?
5. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
6. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
7. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
8. What does Viktor discuss with Kata in "Proposal"? What concerns does Kata have?
9. How is the fundraiser described in "Recital"? What does the author write of the house in this chapter?
10. What is foreshadowed about the house in "Completion"?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)