|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the architect Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon?
(b) Rainer von Abt.
(c) Hana Hankova.
(d) Miroslav Nemec.
2. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Tell his wife everything.
(d) Kill himself.
3. In "Hana," Hana insists that nothing is sacred and that Liesel's marriage is __________.
(a) A business plan.
(b) Only a contract.
(c) A trap.
4. In "Birth," while Viktor constantly travels, Liesel is kept busy with whom?
5. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
(a) The Allied Powers.
(b) The ACLU.
(c) The Axis Powers.
(d) The Human Rights League.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes time for the baby to feed, Liesel insists that Von Abt do what in "Construction"?
2. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
3. After their honeymoon, Viktor and Liesel move into a furnished villa in what section of the city?
4. In "Love," Kata's daughter asks if Viktor is one of her mother's _________.
5. Where does Hana say she helped the woman whose husband was holding her hostage escape in "Coda"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
2. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
3. Discuss the sexual motifs in "Ecstasy." Whom does Hana develop feelings for in this chapter?
4. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
5. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
6. What does the architect think of Liesel and Viktor in "Honeymoon"? What does he relate about his work?
7. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
8. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
9. How does the affair between Viktor and Kata rekindle in "Ship"?
10. Describe the political landscape in "Anschluss." What concerns does Viktor have?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)