|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hana foresee about Liesel's baby in "Hana"?
(a) It will grow up in America.
(b) It will be a girl.
(c) It will be a boy.
(d) It will be rich.
2. What does Oskar think of Viktor's house, as described in "Exterior"?
(a) It is too old-fashioned.
(b) It is very cozy.
(c) It is too tall.
(d) It is too progressive.
3. As "Loss" begins, Viktor is back where, looking for Kata?
(d) New York.
4. In "Love," Kata's daughter asks if Viktor is one of her mother's _________.
5. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An American magazine.
(c) An architectural journal.
(d) An art journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect insists that they will not be building a house for __________.
2. When it comes time for the baby to feed, Liesel insists that Von Abt do what in "Construction"?
3. What does Liesel call Viktor when he becomes upset that Liesel jokes with Rainer during the dinner in "Conception"?
4. As "Ecstasy" begins, Hana asks Viktor if Liesel is sleeping with what composer?
5. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
2. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
3. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
4. Describe the character of Hana, as revealed in her first appearances in "Hana." How does Hana know Liesel?
5. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
6. What does Rainer relate of his ideas for the house in "Conception"?
7. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
8. What does the architect think of Liesel and Viktor in "Honeymoon"? What does he relate about his work?
9. How is the fundraiser described in "Recital"? What does the author write of the house in this chapter?
10. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)