|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liesel call Viktor when he becomes upset that Liesel jokes with Rainer during the dinner in "Conception"?
(a) A bohemian.
(b) A prig.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) An American.
2. As "Anschluss" starts, Viktor listens to the radio and discovers that what country has been taken over by the Germans?
3. What is the name of Viktor and Liesel's daughter in "Construction"?
4. Where do Liesel and Viktor travel to attempt to rekindle their passion in "Birth"?
5. Whom does Liesel suggest as the new nanny in "Gossip"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Encounter," Kata explains to the group that she was working where when the Nazis raided the shop?
2. What Nazi has been invited to the dinner party hosted by the Landauers in "Dinner"?
3. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
4. During "Honeymoon," Liesel is only saddened when she thinks about whom?
5. Venice is a city in what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Liesel and Viktor live in "Conception"? Who visits them?
2. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
3. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
4. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
5. What does Rainer relate of his ideas for the house in "Conception"?
6. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
7. Describe the character of Hana, as revealed in her first appearances in "Hana." How does Hana know Liesel?
8. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
9. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
10. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)