|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liesel call Viktor when he becomes upset that Liesel jokes with Rainer during the dinner in "Conception"?
(a) A bohemian.
(b) A prig.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) An American.
2. With what famous pianist does Hana describe having an affair in "Hana"?
(a) Michal Štantejský.
(b) Miroslav Nemec.
(c) Dunja Rajter.
(d) Alexander Beyer.
3. In "Gossip," Liesel learns that her nanny will leave the family for what reason?
(a) To go to Israel.
(b) To join the Nazi party.
(c) To get married.
(d) To go to school.
4. In "Chata," Viktor goes to whom to let him know that he will become the CEO of Landauer Motors?
(d) Liesel's father.
5. How is the roof of the house being designed for Liesel and Viktor described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viktor know his children are now considered in "A Day in the Life"?
2. What is the name of the architect Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon?
3. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
4. When was Adolf Hitler born?
5. Who tells Liesel she wants to sleep with Eva and help her escape from her horrible husband in "Ecstasy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the outline of the house in "Gestation." What elements of the house are nontraditional?
2. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
3. How is the fundraiser described in "Recital"? What does the author write of the house in this chapter?
4. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
5. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
6. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
7. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
8. How does the affair between Viktor and Kata rekindle in "Ship"?
9. Describe the political landscape in "Anschluss." What concerns does Viktor have?
10. What does Viktor discuss with Kata in "Proposal"? What concerns does Kata have?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)