|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors?
2. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
3. What is the name of the company that Viktor's family owns?
(a) Landauer Motors.
(b) Mercedes Benz.
(c) Audi Motors.
(d) BMW Motors.
4. What is the name of Kata's daughter?
5. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
(a) The ACLU.
(b) The Axis Powers.
(c) The Allied Powers.
(d) The Human Rights League.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liesel and Viktor's architect intends to create a stone wall in the great room which he says will be the color of whose hair?
2. Hana admits she is jealous of whom in "Storm in March"?
3. In "Chata," Viktor goes to whom to let him know that he will become the CEO of Landauer Motors?
4. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
5. Where do Liesel and Viktor travel to attempt to rekindle their passion in "Birth"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed about the house in "Completion"?
2. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
3. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
4. What is described in "A Day in the Life"? What thoughts consume Viktor in this chapter?
5. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
6. Discuss the sexual motifs in "Ecstasy." Whom does Hana develop feelings for in this chapter?
7. Why do Liesel and Viktor have the baby baptized in "Construction"? What do they argue about?
8. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
9. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
10. What does the architect think of Liesel and Viktor in "Honeymoon"? What does he relate about his work?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)