|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Liesel insist should be the godmother to her daughter, despite her husband's protestations?
2. What is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors?
3. As "Loss" begins, Viktor is back where, looking for Kata?
(c) New York.
4. What does Viktor know his children are now considered in "A Day in the Life"?
5. During "Honeymoon," Liesel is only saddened when she thinks about whom?
(a) Her former husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her older brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hana's husband?
2. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
3. In "Chata," Viktor goes to whom to let him know that he will become the CEO of Landauer Motors?
4. In "Birth," Viktor assesses Liesel's new form in her second pregnancy and believes she no longer looks human, but ____________.
5. The architect that Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon describes himself as a sculptor of _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the Landauer family in the chapter titled "Exile"? What does Liesel begin to notice in this chapter?
2. What causes the train with the Landauers to stop in "Ocean"?
3. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
4. Describe the character of Hana, as revealed in her first appearances in "Hana." How does Hana know Liesel?
5. How is Lanik's life and surroundings described in "Lanik"? Where does he spend his time during the war?
6. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
7. What information does Lanik reveal about the Landauers in "Lanik"?
8. How have the Landauers changed in "Contact"? How much time has passed?
9. What is foreshadowed about the house in "Completion"?
10. What does Hana's character symbolize in the novel? What purpose does she serve in the narrative?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)