Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Love," Kata's daughter asks if Viktor is one of her mother's _________.
2. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Tell his wife everything.
3. Although Liesel and Viktor are both nonreligious, they decide to have their daughter baptized to make whom happy?
(a) Liesel's mother.
(d) Rainer von Abt.
4. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
5. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
(a) "Ever Yours, Viktor."
(b) "I Love You, Viktor."
(c) "Be Mine, Viktor."
(d) "With Love, Viktor."
Short Answer Questions
1. Hana admits she is jealous of whom in "Storm in March"?
2. With what famous pianist does Hana describe having an affair in "Hana"?
3. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
4. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
5. What is the name of Viktor and Liesel's daughter in "Construction"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is metaphorical about the story told in "Ondine"? How does this myth relate to Tomas?
2. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
3. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
4. Who takes over the Landauer House in "Occupation"? For what purpose is it used?
5. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
6. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
7. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
8. What information does Lanik reveal about the Landauers in "Lanik"?
9. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
10. Who is taken off the train in "Ocean"? What does Viktor do to try to assuage the situation?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)