|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
2. As "Loss" begins, Viktor is back where, looking for Kata?
(d) New York.
3. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
4. Where was Adolf Hitler born?
5. Who stays by Liesel's side when she becomes deathly ill during her second childbirth?
Short Answer Questions
1. After their honeymoon, Viktor and Liesel move into a furnished villa in what section of the city?
2. In "Conception," the architect tells Liesel and Viktor that he wishes to not only design the outside of the house, he now wants to create what on the inside of the house?
3. In "Anschluss," Viktor suggests to Liesel that they do what in order to help some of the refugees flooding into Czechoslovakia?
4. Who attends the Landauers house-warming party and completely basks in all the glory of the house?
5. As "Proposal" begins, Viktor goes to Kata's cottage to speak to her about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
2. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
3. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
4. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
5. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
6. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
7. What is described in "A Day in the Life"? What thoughts consume Viktor in this chapter?
8. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
9. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
10. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)