|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Liesel insist should be the godmother to her daughter, despite her husband's protestations?
2. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
3. In "Interior," Viktor and Liesel go where for a holiday?
4. In "Love," Kata's daughter asks if Viktor is one of her mother's _________.
5. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hana's husband?
2. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
3. Who tells Liesel she wants to sleep with Eva and help her escape from her horrible husband in "Ecstasy"?
4. During what era does The Glass Room begin?
5. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the political landscape in "Anschluss." What concerns does Viktor have?
2. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
3. What emotional conflict does Hana face in "Memories"? Who consoles her?
4. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
5. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
6. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
7. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
8. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
9. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
10. Where do Liesel and Viktor live in "Conception"? Who visits them?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)