|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
2. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
(a) An American magazine.
(b) An architectural journal.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) An art journal.
3. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
(a) The ACLU.
(b) The Allied Powers.
(c) The Human Rights League.
(d) The Axis Powers.
4. What is Hana's last name?
5. During what era does The Glass Room begin?
(a) The 1920s.
(b) The 1880s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) The 1930s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Liesel insist should be the godmother to her daughter, despite her husband's protestations?
2. What is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors?
3. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
4. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect insists that they will not be building a house for __________.
5. What famous pianist plays at the housewarming party hosted by the Landauers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
2. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
3. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
4. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
5. How is the fundraiser described in "Recital"? What does the author write of the house in this chapter?
6. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
7. Describe the character of Hana, as revealed in her first appearances in "Hana." How does Hana know Liesel?
8. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
9. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
10. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)