|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it comes time for the baby to feed, Liesel insists that Von Abt do what in "Construction"?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Play piano.
(c) Call Viktor.
(d) Stay and watch.
2. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
3. Whom does Liesel suggest as the new nanny in "Gossip"?
4. What does Liesel call Viktor when he becomes upset that Liesel jokes with Rainer during the dinner in "Conception"?
(a) An American.
(b) A prig.
(c) A bohemian.
(d) A gypsy.
5. In "Ship," Kata has moved where?
(a) Into a concentration camp.
(b) To France.
(c) Into the Landauers' house.
(d) Into a convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. As "Anschluss" starts, Viktor listens to the radio and discovers that what country has been taken over by the Germans?
2. Liesel and Viktor's architect intends to create a stone wall in the great room which he says will be the color of whose hair?
3. Hana admits she is jealous of whom in "Storm in March"?
4. Where does Hana say she helped the woman whose husband was holding her hostage escape in "Coda"?
5. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect describes wanting to build a house that does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
2. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
3. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
4. Describe the political landscape in "Anschluss." What concerns does Viktor have?
5. What obstacles do the Landauers face in "Flight"?
6. What does Hana reveal in her letter to Liesel in "Leaving"?
7. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
8. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
9. What does Liesel relate of her current life to Hana in "Letter"?
10. Where does Viktor spend most of his time in "Dissolution"? How is his relationship with Liesel?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)