|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As "Anschluss" starts, Viktor listens to the radio and discovers that what country has been taken over by the Germans?
2. The house that is being designed for Liesel and Viktor is described as looking ___________.
(a) Upside down.
(b) Burly and heavy.
(c) Inside out.
(d) Blue and green.
3. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
(a) The Sokolov District.
(b) The Cheb District.
(c) The Karlovy Vary Region.
(d) The Klínovec Region.
4. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
5. What does Kata tell Viktor her profession is in "Exterior"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar think of Viktor's house, as described in "Exterior"?
2. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
3. In "Chata," Viktor goes to visit Kata who is wary to be alone with him because who is always watching her?
4. In "Gossip," Liesel learns that her nanny will leave the family for what reason?
5. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
2. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
3. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
4. What does Viktor discuss with Kata in "Proposal"? What concerns does Kata have?
5. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
6. Describe the political landscape in "Anschluss." What concerns does Viktor have?
7. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
8. Why do Liesel and Viktor have the baby baptized in "Construction"? What do they argue about?
9. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
10. How is the fundraiser described in "Recital"? What does the author write of the house in this chapter?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)