|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
2. What is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors?
3. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
(a) "With Love, Viktor."
(b) "I Love You, Viktor."
(c) "Ever Yours, Viktor."
(d) "Be Mine, Viktor."
4. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
5. Who stays by Liesel's side when she becomes deathly ill during her second childbirth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous pianist plays at the housewarming party hosted by the Landauers?
2. As "Loss" begins, Viktor is back where, looking for Kata?
3. How is the roof of the house being designed for Liesel and Viktor described?
4. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
5. In "Birth," Viktor assesses Liesel's new form in her second pregnancy and believes she no longer looks human, but ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Viktor discuss with Kata in "Proposal"? What concerns does Kata have?
2. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
3. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
4. How is the fundraiser described in "Recital"? What does the author write of the house in this chapter?
5. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
6. Where do Liesel and Viktor live in "Conception"? Who visits them?
7. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
8. Describe the political landscape in "Anschluss." What concerns does Viktor have?
9. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
10. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)