|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin is the son of whom?
2. In "Paris," Tomas is scheduled to attend a medical conference and arrange for whom to attend?
3. How do Hana and Liesel keep in touch in "Exile"?
(a) By email.
(b) By letters.
(c) By telegrams.
(d) By telephone.
4. Tomas first met Zdenka in the gymnasium that he calls _________.
(a) The Onyx Room.
(b) The Glass Room.
(c) The Red Room.
(d) The Black Room.
5. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
(a) A Nazi official.
(b) Rainer von Abt.
(c) A Russian official.
6. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
7. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
(a) Ottilie and Martin.
(b) Kata and Marika.
(c) Liesel and Viktor.
(d) Viktor and Kata.
8. In "Storm," Stahl does not understand Hana's concern for the Jews until she reveals what information?
(a) Her husband is Jewish.
(b) She is Jewish.
(c) Her sister married a Jewish man.
(d) Her father was Jewish.
9. In "Ocean," the Landauers watch as some people in the front of the line are being let back on board the train while others are being taken to which location?
(a) To a prison.
(b) To a hut.
(c) To an incinerator.
(d) To another train.
10. In "Rainer," Liesel kisses Rainer von Abt goodbye and notices that she always forgets how ________ he is in her memories?
11. When was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
12. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
(a) American soldiers.
(b) German soldiers.
(c) British soldiers.
(d) Russian soldiers.
13. Tomas is a doctor who works at what kind of establishment?
(a) A facility for the elderly.
(b) A rehabilitation hospital for children.
(c) An insane asylum.
(d) A neuropsychological facility.
14. In "Ondine" the reader learns about a child patient who stops breathing ___________.
(a) When she is underwater.
(b) When she plays.
(c) When she is frightened.
(d) When she sleeps.
15. When did World War II begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Swimming" begins with a letter from Hana to Liesel in which she describes the German scientist and what?
2. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
3. What does Liesel do when she discovers the house has been taken over by the Germans in "Exile"?
4. In "Berta" the reader is introduced to what woman that Tomas has slept with for many years?
5. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)