|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the official tell to go to the hut in "Ocean"?
2. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
3. What is the laboratory of Stahl's referred to as in the novel?
(a) The Genetics Center.
(b) The Neutron Center.
(c) The Biometric Center.
(d) The Biodiversity Center.
4. On a cold day in what month do bomb sirens begin to sound in "Lanik"?
5. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(d) His sister.
6. Where was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
7. When did World War II begin?
8. The team of scientists who begin a laboratory in the Landauer house in "Occupation" are trying to find quantifiable differences between ______________.
(a) Time and space.
(b) Jews and other races.
(c) Nazis and Arabs.
(d) Quantum genetics and solar energy.
9. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
(a) American soldiers.
(b) British soldiers.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) Russian soldiers.
10. In "Storm," Hana asks Stahl about all of the Jews that are being forced into camps in what country?
11. "Lanik" begins with Lanik and __________surveying the Glass House.
(c) His sister.
12. When was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
13. Where does a bomb land in "Lanik"?
(a) In the kitchen of the Landauer House.
(b) In the bathroom of the Landauer House.
(c) In the Glass Room.
(d) The garden outside of the Landauer House.
14. In "Storm," Stahl does not understand Hana's concern for the Jews until she reveals what information?
(a) Her husband is Jewish.
(b) Her sister married a Jewish man.
(c) Her father was Jewish.
(d) She is Jewish.
15. How do Hana and Liesel keep in touch in "Exile"?
(a) By telephone.
(b) By telegrams.
(c) By letters.
(d) By email.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
2. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
3. In "Storm," Stahl is furious because Hana has not _________.
4. Martin is the son of whom?
5. Where does Ondine go to die in grief?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)