|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Liesel discover in bed together in "Exile"?
(a) Viktor and Marika.
(b) Viktor and Kata.
(c) Oskar and Hana.
(d) Lanik and Kata.
2. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
(a) A Nazi official.
(b) A Russian official.
(d) Rainer von Abt.
3. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(c) His sister.
4. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
5. In "Storm," Hana asks Stahl about all of the Jews that are being forced into camps in what country?
6. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
7. In "Flight," the Landauers begin their drive toward the airport, but notice that many of the roads are ______.
(b) Covered in ashes.
(d) On fire.
8. Where does a bomb land in "Lanik"?
(a) In the bathroom of the Landauer House.
(b) The garden outside of the Landauer House.
(c) In the Glass Room.
(d) In the kitchen of the Landauer House.
9. In "Storm," Stahl is furious because Hana has not _________.
(a) Answered his calls in a week.
(b) Told him she was married.
(c) Told him she was Jewish.
(d) Called his wife.
10. Whom, according to Liesel's mother, was sent away in her letter in "Dissolution"?
(a) Tomas and Oskar.
(b) Ottilie and Martin.
(c) Rainer von Abt.
(d) Hana and Oskar.
11. Where did Hana end up, as revealed in "Confession"?
(a) Zurich, Switzerland.
(b) London, England.
(c) Ravensbruck, Germany.
(d) Berlin, Germany.
12. Ondine curses her lover that if he falls asleep he will _________.
(a) Be able to fly.
(b) Have nightmares.
(c) Stop breathing.
(d) Kill someone.
13. In "Ocean," the Landauers watch as some people in the front of the line are being let back on board the train while others are being taken to which location?
(a) To a prison.
(b) To an incinerator.
(c) To a hut.
(d) To another train.
14. After Ondine's child is born, her lover cheats on her because she has lost __________.
(a) Her children.
(b) Eternal youth.
(c) Her love for him.
(d) All of her money.
15. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now working for what university?
(a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
(b) Rutgers University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Texas A&M University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
2. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
3. Hana reveals to Stahl in "Storm" that she is __________.
4. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
5. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)