|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
2. When was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
3. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
(d) Taken to America.
4. Tomas is a doctor who works at what kind of establishment?
(a) A rehabilitation hospital for children.
(b) A neuropsychological facility.
(c) An insane asylum.
(d) A facility for the elderly.
5. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
(a) They were first cousins.
(b) She was Jewish.
(c) He was Jewish.
(d) There were siblings.
6. "Swimming" begins with a letter from Hana to Liesel in which she describes the German scientist and what?
(a) Her husband's death.
(b) The new use for the house.
(c) The birth of her daughter.
(d) Her affair with the pianist.
7. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
8. How do Hana and Liesel keep in touch in "Exile"?
(a) By letters.
(b) By telephone.
(c) By email.
(d) By telegrams.
9. In "Ocean," the Landauers watch as some people in the front of the line are being let back on board the train while others are being taken to which location?
(a) To a hut.
(b) To another train.
(c) To a prison.
(d) To an incinerator.
10. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
(a) Viktor and Kata's.
(b) Viktor and Hana's.
(c) Tomas and Zdenka's.
(d) Marika and Viktor's.
11. What does Lanik drink in the chapter titled "Lanik"?
(d) Coca Cola.
12. What is the laboratory of Stahl's referred to as in the novel?
(a) The Genetics Center.
(b) The Neutron Center.
(c) The Biometric Center.
(d) The Biodiversity Center.
13. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
(a) A Nazi official.
(c) Rainer von Abt.
(d) A Russian official.
14. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
(a) German soldiers.
(b) British soldiers.
(c) American soldiers.
(d) Russian soldiers.
15. In "Flight," the Landauers (along with Kata and Marika) are finally finished with ____________.
(a) Warring with one another.
(d) Building the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Confession," Zdenka reveals that she and ___________ are back together?
2. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
3. In "Concert" Hana takes Stahl to the Glass Room, where Hana shows him _________ in evening sunlight?
4. Whom, according to Liesel's mother, was sent away in her letter in "Dissolution"?
5. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)