|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Flight," the Landauers begin their drive toward the airport, but notice that many of the roads are ______.
(a) Covered in ashes.
(c) On fire.
2. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
3. When was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
4. What German Nazi scientist opens a laboratory in the old Landauer home in "Occupation"?
5. Tomas first met Zdenka in the gymnasium that he calls _________.
(a) The Black Room.
(b) The Onyx Room.
(c) The Glass Room.
(d) The Red Room.
6. In "Paris," Tomas is scheduled to attend a medical conference and arrange for whom to attend?
7. In "Concert" Hana takes Stahl to the Glass Room, where Hana shows him _________ in evening sunlight?
(a) The onyx wall.
(b) The marble wall.
(c) The iron gate.
(d) The garden patio.
8. Who at first relents from letting the Nazi scientist into the Landauer home in "Occupation"?
9. Whom does Lanik admit to having watched undress one time in "Lanik"?
10. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
(a) Ottilie and Martin.
(b) Viktor and Kata.
(c) Liesel and Viktor.
(d) Kata and Marika.
11. Where does a bomb land in "Lanik"?
(a) In the bathroom of the Landauer House.
(b) The garden outside of the Landauer House.
(c) In the Glass Room.
(d) In the kitchen of the Landauer House.
12. How do Hana and Liesel keep in touch in "Exile"?
(a) By telegrams.
(b) By telephone.
(c) By letters.
(d) By email.
13. Since the beginning of the war, Lanik has hoarded food and other items where on the grounds in "Lanik"?
(a) The garden.
(b) The attic.
(c) The basement.
(d) The garden shed.
14. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
(a) Wearing a tiara.
(b) Wearing a gown.
(d) In a wig.
15. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the laboratory of Stahl's referred to as in the novel?
2. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
3. In "Ocean," the Landauers watch as some people in the front of the line are being let back on board the train while others are being taken to which location?
4. In "Decision," Stahl has the opportunity to meet whom when he and other Jews are brought in to be measured?
5. Viktor gets into an argument with an official in "Ocean" and is hit with what object?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)