|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Berta" the reader is introduced to what woman that Tomas has slept with for many years?
2. The team of scientists who begin a laboratory in the Landauer house in "Occupation" are trying to find quantifiable differences between ______________.
(a) Time and space.
(b) Quantum genetics and solar energy.
(c) Jews and other races.
(d) Nazis and Arabs.
3. "Lanik" begins with Lanik and __________surveying the Glass House.
(d) His sister.
4. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
5. As Liesel is writing a reply to Hana in "Leaving," Viktor bursts into the room to announce that what have arrived?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The children.
(c) The tickets to America.
(d) The tickets to London.
6. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
(a) She was Jewish.
(b) There were siblings.
(c) He was Jewish.
(d) They were first cousins.
7. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
(a) Trying to find Ottilie.
(b) Looking for Hana.
(c) Looking for Oskar.
(d) Trying to find Kata.
8. Where did Hana end up, as revealed in "Confession"?
(a) Ravensbruck, Germany.
(b) Zurich, Switzerland.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) London, England.
9. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
(a) A dog.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A whore.
10. On a cold day in what month do bomb sirens begin to sound in "Lanik"?
11. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
12. When was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
13. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(d) His sister.
14. As "Exile" begins, the Landauer family settles into a small villa in __________.
15. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now building skyscrapers in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
2. In "Storm," Stahl does not understand Hana's concern for the Jews until she reveals what information?
3. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
4. Whom does Lanik admit to having watched undress one time in "Lanik"?
5. When did World War II end?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)