|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Liesel discover in bed together in "Exile"?
(a) Oskar and Hana.
(b) Viktor and Marika.
(c) Viktor and Kata.
(d) Lanik and Kata.
2. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
3. In "Protektor" there is panic in the Glass Room because who has decided to visit?
(c) A high ranking Nazi official.
(d) Rainer von Abt.
4. In "Departure," Liesel's family must leave what city to catch their next train?
5. Who, according to Liesel during an argument, is Victor's responsibility during their argument in "Ocean"?
(a) Oskar and Hana.
(b) Liesel and the children.
(c) Kata and Marika.
(d) Kata and Liesel.
6. Zdenka had what profession before becoming a physiotherapist?
7. One day in "Dissolution," Liesel receives a disturbing letter from her mother who calls the Nazis what?
(b) "Her people."
(c) "Those people."
8. After Ondine's child is born, her lover cheats on her because she has lost __________.
(a) Her children.
(b) Eternal youth.
(c) Her love for him.
(d) All of her money.
9. In "Confession," Zdenka reveals that she and ___________ are back together?
10. Tomas first met Zdenka in the gymnasium that he calls _________.
(a) The Onyx Room.
(b) The Black Room.
(c) The Glass Room.
(d) The Red Room.
11. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A dog.
(d) A whore.
12. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
(a) There were siblings.
(b) She was Jewish.
(c) They were first cousins.
(d) He was Jewish.
13. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
(a) German soldiers.
(b) Russian soldiers.
(c) American soldiers.
(d) British soldiers.
14. Where does Ondine go to die in grief?
(a) To the prairie.
(b) To the mountain.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the ocean.
15. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom, according to Liesel's mother, was sent away in her letter in "Dissolution"?
2. What does Liesel do when she discovers the house has been taken over by the Germans in "Exile"?
3. Whom does Liesel dream of constantly in "Dissolution"?
4. Ondine was a water nymph who fell in love with what?
5. In "Decision," Stahl has the opportunity to meet whom when he and other Jews are brought in to be measured?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)