|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The team of scientists who begin a laboratory in the Landauer house in "Occupation" are trying to find quantifiable differences between ______________.
(a) Nazis and Arabs.
(b) Quantum genetics and solar energy.
(c) Time and space.
(d) Jews and other races.
2. In "Protektor" there is panic in the Glass Room because who has decided to visit?
(a) A high ranking Nazi official.
(b) Rainer von Abt.
3. In "Rainer," Liesel kisses Rainer von Abt goodbye and notices that she always forgets how ________ he is in her memories?
4. In "Decision," Stahl has the opportunity to meet whom when he and other Jews are brought in to be measured?
5. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
6. Since the beginning of the war, Lanik has hoarded food and other items where on the grounds in "Lanik"?
(a) The garden shed.
(b) The basement.
(c) The attic.
(d) The garden.
7. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
8. "Swimming" begins with a letter from Hana to Liesel in which she describes the German scientist and what?
(a) The birth of her daughter.
(b) Her husband's death.
(c) Her affair with the pianist.
(d) The new use for the house.
9. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
10. What does Liesel do when she discovers the house has been taken over by the Germans in "Exile"?
(a) She flies to France.
(b) She breaks down.
(c) She calls her mother.
(d) She calls Hana.
11. What does Lanik drink in the chapter titled "Lanik"?
(d) Coca Cola.
12. Martin is the son of whom?
13. What are the passengers on the train told to line up on the platform with in "Ocean"?
(a) Their papers.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their luggage.
(d) Their insurance cards.
14. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
(a) Marika and Viktor's.
(b) Tomas and Zdenka's.
(c) Viktor and Hana's.
(d) Viktor and Kata's.
15. As "Exile" begins, the Landauer family settles into a small villa in __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
2. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now building skyscrapers in what country?
3. In "Comfort," Hana breaks the ice by insisting she must tell Zdenka that she had a baby where?
4. When did World War II begin?
5. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)