|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As "Exile" begins, the Landauer family settles into a small villa in __________.
2. Who at first relents from letting the Nazi scientist into the Landauer home in "Occupation"?
3. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
(a) They were first cousins.
(b) He was Jewish.
(c) There were siblings.
(d) She was Jewish.
4. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
5. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
(b) Taken to America.
6. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
(a) Wearing a gown.
(b) Wearing a tiara.
(d) In a wig.
7. Whom does Lanik admit to having watched undress one time in "Lanik"?
8. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now building skyscrapers in what country?
9. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
10. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
(a) Trying to find Ottilie.
(b) Trying to find Kata.
(c) Looking for Hana.
(d) Looking for Oskar.
11. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(a) His sister.
12. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
(a) The Glass Room.
(b) A parking lot.
(c) In America.
(d) The garden.
13. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
14. In "Flight," the Landauers (along with Kata and Marika) are finally finished with ____________.
(a) Warring with one another.
(c) Building the house.
15. In "Concert" Hana takes Stahl to the Glass Room, where Hana shows him _________ in evening sunlight?
(a) The iron gate.
(b) The marble wall.
(c) The garden patio.
(d) The onyx wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
2. In "Berta" the reader is introduced to what woman that Tomas has slept with for many years?
3. Where does Ondine go to die in grief?
4. One day in "Dissolution," Liesel receives a disturbing letter from her mother who calls the Nazis what?
5. "Lanik" begins with Lanik and __________surveying the Glass House.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)