|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lanik drink in the chapter titled "Lanik"?
(b) Coca Cola.
2. In "Decision," Stahl has the opportunity to meet whom when he and other Jews are brought in to be measured?
3. Where did Hana end up, as revealed in "Confession"?
(a) Ravensbruck, Germany.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Zurich, Switzerland.
(d) London, England.
4. In "Flight," the Landauers begin their drive toward the airport, but notice that many of the roads are ______.
(b) On fire.
(c) Covered in ashes.
5. Tomas first met Zdenka in the gymnasium that he calls _________.
(a) The Glass Room.
(b) The Black Room.
(c) The Red Room.
(d) The Onyx Room.
6. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
7. Viktor gets into an argument with an official in "Ocean" and is hit with what object?
(a) A whip.
(b) The butt of a gun.
(c) A pan handle.
(d) A book.
8. When did World War II begin?
9. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
(a) There were siblings.
(b) He was Jewish.
(c) They were first cousins.
(d) She was Jewish.
10. In "Paris," Tomas is scheduled to attend a medical conference and arrange for whom to attend?
11. In "Protektor" there is panic in the Glass Room because who has decided to visit?
(a) A high ranking Nazi official.
(b) Rainer von Abt.
12. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
(a) Viktor and Hana's.
(b) Tomas and Zdenka's.
(c) Viktor and Kata's.
(d) Marika and Viktor's.
13. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
(c) Taken to America.
14. Who, according to Liesel during an argument, is Victor's responsibility during their argument in "Ocean"?
(a) Kata and Marika.
(b) Oskar and Hana.
(c) Liesel and the children.
(d) Kata and Liesel.
15. When the train finally takes off in "Ocean," Liesel is dejected because she realizes what fact about her husband?
(a) Is already married.
(b) Never loved her.
(c) Is leaving her.
(d) Has children by another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
2. On a cold day in what month do bomb sirens begin to sound in "Lanik"?
3. Whom does Lanik admit to having watched undress one time in "Lanik"?
4. In "Ocean," the Landauers watch as some people in the front of the line are being let back on board the train while others are being taken to which location?
5. At the start of World War II, what coalition included France, Poland, the United Kingdom, the British Commonwealth nations, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the Union of South Africa?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)