|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
2. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
3. What was Lanik's position at the Landauer House?
(d) Court jester.
4. Martin is the son of whom?
5. Ondine curses her lover that if he falls asleep he will _________.
(a) Kill someone.
(b) Be able to fly.
(c) Have nightmares.
(d) Stop breathing.
6. In "Departure," Liesel's family must leave what city to catch their next train?
7. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
(a) Viktor and Kata.
(b) Kata and Marika.
(c) Ottilie and Martin.
(d) Liesel and Viktor.
8. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
9. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
(a) They were first cousins.
(b) She was Jewish.
(c) There were siblings.
(d) He was Jewish.
10. In "Berta" the reader is introduced to what woman that Tomas has slept with for many years?
11. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
12. When was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
13. Whom does Liesel discover in bed together in "Exile"?
(a) Viktor and Kata.
(b) Oskar and Hana.
(c) Viktor and Marika.
(d) Lanik and Kata.
14. In "Confession," Zdenka reveals that she and ___________ are back together?
15. In "Ondine" the reader learns about a child patient who stops breathing ___________.
(a) When she plays.
(b) When she is underwater.
(c) When she sleeps.
(d) When she is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Comfort," Hana breaks the ice by insisting she must tell Zdenka that she had a baby where?
2. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
3. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
4. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
5. How do Hana and Liesel keep in touch in "Exile"?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)