|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Protektor" there is panic in the Glass Room because who has decided to visit?
(b) Rainer von Abt.
(d) A high ranking Nazi official.
2. When did World War II end?
3. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
4. In "Storm," Stahl does not understand Hana's concern for the Jews until she reveals what information?
(a) Her husband is Jewish.
(b) She is Jewish.
(c) Her father was Jewish.
(d) Her sister married a Jewish man.
5. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
(c) Taken to America.
6. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(b) His sister.
7. Ondine curses her lover that if he falls asleep he will _________.
(a) Have nightmares.
(b) Kill someone.
(c) Be able to fly.
(d) Stop breathing.
8. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
9. "Lanik" begins with Lanik and __________surveying the Glass House.
(c) His sister.
10. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
(a) Trying to find Kata.
(b) Trying to find Ottilie.
(c) Looking for Oskar.
(d) Looking for Hana.
11. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
12. What does Lanik drink in the chapter titled "Lanik"?
(a) Coca Cola.
13. Where does Ondine go to die in grief?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the prairie.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To the mountain.
14. In "Ondine" the reader learns about a child patient who stops breathing ___________.
(a) When she plays.
(b) When she sleeps.
(c) When she is underwater.
(d) When she is frightened.
15. What German Nazi scientist opens a laboratory in the old Landauer home in "Occupation"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
2. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
3. When the train finally takes off in "Ocean," Liesel is dejected because she realizes what fact about her husband?
4. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
5. In "Departure," Liesel's family must leave what city to catch their next train?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)