Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(a) His sister.
2. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 months.
3. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
4. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
5. Zdenka had what profession before becoming a physiotherapist?
6. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Allies.
(c) The Axis powers.
7. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
8. Hana reveals to Stahl in "Storm" that she is __________.
(a) In love with him.
9. ___________have temporary passports in "Ocean."
(a) Viktor and Kata.
(b) Liesel and Viktor.
(c) Ottilie and Martin.
(d) Kata and Marika.
10. In "Protektor" there is panic in the Glass Room because who has decided to visit?
(b) Rainer von Abt.
(d) A high ranking Nazi official.
11. Where does Ondine go to die in grief?
(a) To the prairie.
(b) To the mountain.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To the river.
12. Since the beginning of the war, Lanik has hoarded food and other items where on the grounds in "Lanik"?
(a) The basement.
(b) The garden.
(c) The garden shed.
(d) The attic.
13. Ondine was a water nymph who fell in love with what?
(a) A faun.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A human.
(d) A god.
14. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
15. "Swimming" begins with a letter from Hana to Liesel in which she describes the German scientist and what?
(a) The birth of her daughter.
(b) Her affair with the pianist.
(c) The new use for the house.
(d) Her husband's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Stahl's wife?
2. How do Hana and Liesel keep in touch in "Exile"?
3. Whom does Liesel dream of constantly in "Dissolution"?
4. In "Storm," Stahl does not understand Hana's concern for the Jews until she reveals what information?
5. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)