|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
2. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
(a) He was Jewish.
(b) She was Jewish.
(c) There were siblings.
(d) They were first cousins.
3. Who at first relents from letting the Nazi scientist into the Landauer home in "Occupation"?
4. In "Decision," Stahl has the opportunity to meet whom when he and other Jews are brought in to be measured?
5. In "Storm," Hana asks Stahl about all of the Jews that are being forced into camps in what country?
6. Where did Hana end up, as revealed in "Confession"?
(a) Zurich, Switzerland.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Ravensbruck, Germany.
(d) London, England.
7. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now building skyscrapers in what country?
8. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) The Glass Room.
(c) In America.
(d) The garden.
9. As "Exile" begins, the Landauer family settles into a small villa in __________.
10. What German Nazi scientist opens a laboratory in the old Landauer home in "Occupation"?
11. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
12. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
13. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(c) His sister.
14. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
(a) Looking for Hana.
(b) Trying to find Ottilie.
(c) Trying to find Kata.
(d) Looking for Oskar.
15. How do Hana and Liesel keep in touch in "Exile"?
(a) By letters.
(b) By telephone.
(c) By telegrams.
(d) By email.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in Nazi doctrine refers to a non-Jewish Caucasian, especially of Nordic stock?
2. What was Lanik's position at the Landauer House?
3. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
4. In "Ocean," the Landauers watch as some people in the front of the line are being let back on board the train while others are being taken to which location?
5. Where is the seat of federal authorities in Switzerland?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)