|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the passengers on the train told to line up on the platform with in "Ocean"?
(a) Their papers.
(b) Their luggage.
(c) Their insurance cards.
(d) Their children.
2. In "Storm," Stahl is furious because Hana has not _________.
(a) Told him she was married.
(b) Told him she was Jewish.
(c) Called his wife.
(d) Answered his calls in a week.
3. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 5 months.
4. In "Paris," Tomas is scheduled to attend a medical conference and arrange for whom to attend?
5. What does Liesel do when she discovers the house has been taken over by the Germans in "Exile"?
(a) She calls her mother.
(b) She flies to France.
(c) She calls Hana.
(d) She breaks down.
6. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
(a) The garden.
(b) In America.
(c) A parking lot.
(d) The Glass Room.
7. What is the laboratory of Stahl's referred to as in the novel?
(a) The Biometric Center.
(b) The Genetics Center.
(c) The Neutron Center.
(d) The Biodiversity Center.
8. Who, according to Liesel during an argument, is Victor's responsibility during their argument in "Ocean"?
(a) Kata and Marika.
(b) Oskar and Hana.
(c) Kata and Liesel.
(d) Liesel and the children.
9. In "Flight," the Landauers (along with Kata and Marika) are finally finished with ____________.
(a) Warring with one another.
(d) Building the house.
10. As "Exile" begins, the Landauer family settles into a small villa in __________.
11. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
12. When did World War II begin?
13. In "Storm," Hana asks Stahl about all of the Jews that are being forced into camps in what country?
14. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now building skyscrapers in what country?
15. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
(a) The Russian army.
(b) The British army.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
2. When the train finally takes off in "Ocean," Liesel is dejected because she realizes what fact about her husband?
3. Whom, according to Liesel's mother, was sent away in her letter in "Dissolution"?
4. In "Departure," Liesel's family must leave what city to catch their next train?
5. Since the beginning of the war, Lanik has hoarded food and other items where on the grounds in "Lanik"?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)