|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lanik drink in the chapter titled "Lanik"?
(d) Coca Cola.
2. In "Storm," Stahl does not understand Hana's concern for the Jews until she reveals what information?
(a) Her husband is Jewish.
(b) Her sister married a Jewish man.
(c) Her father was Jewish.
(d) She is Jewish.
3. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
4. One day in "Dissolution," Liesel receives a disturbing letter from her mother who calls the Nazis what?
(a) "Her people."
(b) "Those people."
5. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
6. Where was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
7. Ondine curses her lover that if he falls asleep he will _________.
(a) Kill someone.
(b) Stop breathing.
(c) Have nightmares.
(d) Be able to fly.
8. While Hana believes she has fallen in love many times in her life, she knows her main loves were _______.
(a) Oskar and Zdenka.
(b) Oskar and Liesel.
(c) Liesel and Zdenka.
(d) Viktor and Zdenka.
9. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now working for what university?
(a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
(b) Texas A&M University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Rutgers University.
10. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 5 months.
11. Viktor gets into an argument with an official in "Ocean" and is hit with what object?
(a) The butt of a gun.
(b) A book.
(c) A whip.
(d) A pan handle.
12. Zdenka had what profession before becoming a physiotherapist?
13. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Axis powers.
(d) The Allies.
14. In "Concert" Hana takes Stahl to the Glass Room, where Hana shows him _________ in evening sunlight?
(a) The garden patio.
(b) The marble wall.
(c) The onyx wall.
(d) The iron gate.
15. Whom does the official tell to go to the hut in "Ocean"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Flight," the Landauers (along with Kata and Marika) are finally finished with ____________.
2. Who at first relents from letting the Nazi scientist into the Landauer home in "Occupation"?
3. When did World War II end?
4. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
5. What German Nazi scientist opens a laboratory in the old Landauer home in "Occupation"?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)