|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) The garden.
(c) The Glass Room.
(d) In America.
2. What German Nazi scientist opens a laboratory in the old Landauer home in "Occupation"?
3. Ondine curses her lover that if he falls asleep he will _________.
(a) Stop breathing.
(b) Be able to fly.
(c) Have nightmares.
(d) Kill someone.
4. In "Soviets" Mesto is taken over by whom?
(a) The United States.
(b) The British army.
(d) The Russian army.
5. "Lanik" begins with Lanik and __________surveying the Glass House.
(c) His sister.
6. In "Comfort," Hana breaks the ice by insisting she must tell Zdenka that she had a baby where?
(a) In France.
(b) In the insane asylum.
(c) In the concentration camp.
(d) In America.
7. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
8. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
(a) American soldiers.
(b) British soldiers.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) Russian soldiers.
9. In "Berta" the reader is introduced to what woman that Tomas has slept with for many years?
10. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
11. Whom does the official tell to go to the hut in "Ocean"?
12. Whom, according to Liesel's mother, was sent away in her letter in "Dissolution"?
(a) Rainer von Abt.
(b) Ottilie and Martin.
(c) Hana and Oskar.
(d) Tomas and Oskar.
13. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
14. What was Lanik's position at the Landauer House?
(c) Court jester.
15. In "Paris," Tomas is scheduled to attend a medical conference and arrange for whom to attend?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Concert" Hana takes Stahl to the Glass Room, where Hana shows him _________ in evening sunlight?
2. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
3. In "Protektor" there is panic in the Glass Room because who has decided to visit?
4. Hana reveals to Stahl in "Storm" that she is __________.
5. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)