|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Paris," Tomas is scheduled to attend a medical conference and arrange for whom to attend?
2. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
3. In "Rainer," Liesel kisses Rainer von Abt goodbye and notices that she always forgets how ________ he is in her memories?
4. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
(a) British soldiers.
(b) American soldiers.
(c) Russian soldiers.
(d) German soldiers.
5. "Swimming" begins with a letter from Hana to Liesel in which she describes the German scientist and what?
(a) Her husband's death.
(b) Her affair with the pianist.
(c) The new use for the house.
(d) The birth of her daughter.
6. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now working for what university?
(a) Texas A&M University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
7. What was the name of Stahl's wife?
8. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(a) His sister.
9. What are the passengers on the train told to line up on the platform with in "Ocean"?
(a) Their papers.
(b) Their insurance cards.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their luggage.
10. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
11. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
(a) In a wig.
(c) Wearing a gown.
(d) Wearing a tiara.
12. What does Lanik drink in the chapter titled "Lanik"?
(b) Coca Cola.
13. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
14. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
15. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
(a) Looking for Oskar.
(b) Looking for Hana.
(c) Trying to find Ottilie.
(d) Trying to find Kata.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
2. In "Flight," the Landauers (along with Kata and Marika) are finally finished with ____________.
3. Where did Hana end up, as revealed in "Confession"?
4. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
5. What German Nazi scientist opens a laboratory in the old Landauer home in "Occupation"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)