|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Joseph-Maurice Ravel born?
2. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
3. Since the beginning of the war, Lanik has hoarded food and other items where on the grounds in "Lanik"?
(a) The garden shed.
(b) The garden.
(c) The attic.
(d) The basement.
4. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
(a) The garden.
(b) In America.
(c) The Glass Room.
(d) A parking lot.
5. What are the passengers on the train told to line up on the platform with in "Ocean"?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their papers.
(c) Their insurance cards.
(d) Their luggage.
6. In "Flight," the Landauers (along with Kata and Marika) are finally finished with ____________.
(a) Warring with one another.
(b) Building the house.
7. In "Storm," Stahl is furious because Hana has not _________.
(a) Told him she was married.
(b) Answered his calls in a week.
(c) Told him she was Jewish.
(d) Called his wife.
8. In "Decision," Stahl has the opportunity to meet whom when he and other Jews are brought in to be measured?
9. In "Confession," Zdenka reveals that she and ___________ are back together?
10. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
(b) A Russian official.
(c) Rainer von Abt.
(d) A Nazi official.
11. In "Storm," Hana asks Stahl about all of the Jews that are being forced into camps in what country?
12. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now building skyscrapers in what country?
13. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(d) His sister.
14. When did World War II end?
15. In "Ocean," the Landauers watch as some people in the front of the line are being let back on board the train while others are being taken to which location?
(a) To a hut.
(b) To another train.
(c) To an incinerator.
(d) To a prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
2. Viktor gets into an argument with an official in "Ocean" and is hit with what object?
3. In "Leman," the Landauers have left which city and continued their journey westward?
4. What is the laboratory of Stahl's referred to as in the novel?
5. What was the name of Stahl's wife?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)