|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the seat of federal authorities in Switzerland?
2. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A dog.
(d) A whore.
3. The team of scientists who begin a laboratory in the Landauer house in "Occupation" are trying to find quantifiable differences between ______________.
(a) Nazis and Arabs.
(b) Time and space.
(c) Quantum genetics and solar energy.
(d) Jews and other races.
4. Zdenka had what profession before becoming a physiotherapist?
5. Why does Stahl say he and his wife were outcasts when they married?
(a) He was Jewish.
(b) They were first cousins.
(c) She was Jewish.
(d) There were siblings.
6. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
(a) Wearing a tiara.
(c) Wearing a gown.
(d) In a wig.
7. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
(a) Taken to America.
8. Viktor gets into an argument with an official in "Ocean" and is hit with what object?
(a) A book.
(b) The butt of a gun.
(c) A whip.
(d) A pan handle.
9. When the Landauers reach the front of the line in "Ocean," who gives all the papers for everyone?
10. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 5 months.
11. What word means to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling?
12. At the start of World War II, what coalition included France, Poland, the United Kingdom, the British Commonwealth nations, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the Union of South Africa?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Allies.
(d) The Axis powers.
13. In "Paris," Tomas is scheduled to attend a medical conference and arrange for whom to attend?
14. Who at first relents from letting the Nazi scientist into the Landauer home in "Occupation"?
15. Where does a bomb land in "Lanik"?
(a) The garden outside of the Landauer House.
(b) In the Glass Room.
(c) In the kitchen of the Landauer House.
(d) In the bathroom of the Landauer House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lanik admit to having watched undress one time in "Lanik"?
2. In "Ocean," the Landauers watch as some people in the front of the line are being let back on board the train while others are being taken to which location?
3. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
4. In "Storm," Stahl does not understand Hana's concern for the Jews until she reveals what information?
5. When did World War II end?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)