|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Hana and Liesel keep in touch in "Exile"?
(a) By telephone.
(b) By email.
(c) By telegrams.
(d) By letters.
2. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
(a) In America.
(b) The Glass Room.
(c) A parking lot.
(d) The garden.
3. In "Protektor" there is panic in the Glass Room because who has decided to visit?
(c) Rainer von Abt.
(d) A high ranking Nazi official.
4. In "Ondine" the reader learns about a child patient who stops breathing ___________.
(a) When she is frightened.
(b) When she sleeps.
(c) When she plays.
(d) When she is underwater.
5. At the start of World War II, what coalition included France, Poland, the United Kingdom, the British Commonwealth nations, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the Union of South Africa?
(b) The Allies.
(c) The Axis powers.
(d) The United Nations.
6. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 months.
7. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
8. One of the pictures that Hana gives Zdenka in "Confession" shows Tomas tightly holding hands with whom?
9. As "Exile" begins, the Landauer family settles into a small villa in __________.
10. When did World War II end?
11. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
12. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
(b) A dog.
(c) A whore.
(d) A Jew.
13. One day in "Dissolution," Liesel receives a disturbing letter from her mother who calls the Nazis what?
(c) "Her people."
(d) "Those people."
14. Where does Ondine go to die in grief?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the mountain.
(c) To the prairie.
(d) To the ocean.
15. Who at first relents from letting the Nazi scientist into the Landauer home in "Occupation"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dissolution," Viktor is rarely home, spending most of his time working on business or __________,
2. Viktor gets into an argument with an official in "Ocean" and is hit with what object?
3. What was the name of Stahl's wife?
4. Who, according to Liesel during an argument, is Victor's responsibility during their argument in "Ocean"?
5. In "Confession," Zdenka reveals that she and ___________ are back together?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)