|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hana end up, as revealed in "Confession"?
(a) Zurich, Switzerland.
(b) London, England.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Ravensbruck, Germany.
2. When the train finally takes off in "Ocean," Liesel is dejected because she realizes what fact about her husband?
(a) Never loved her.
(b) Has children by another woman.
(c) Is leaving her.
(d) Is already married.
3. What is the laboratory of Stahl's referred to as in the novel?
(a) The Biometric Center.
(b) The Genetics Center.
(c) The Neutron Center.
(d) The Biodiversity Center.
4. One day in "Dissolution," Liesel receives a disturbing letter from her mother who calls the Nazis what?
(c) "Those people."
(d) "Her people."
5. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
(d) Taken to America.
6. When did World War II end?
7. With whom does Lanik spend most of his time during the war in "Lanik"?
(d) His sister.
8. In "Ondine" the reader learns about a child patient who stops breathing ___________.
(a) When she sleeps.
(b) When she is underwater.
(c) When she plays.
(d) When she is frightened.
9. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
(a) A whore.
(c) A Jew.
(d) A dog.
10. In "Lanik," Lanik confesses to knowing about whose affair?
(a) Viktor and Hana's.
(b) Viktor and Kata's.
(c) Marika and Viktor's.
(d) Tomas and Zdenka's.
11. In "Storm," Stahl does not understand Hana's concern for the Jews until she reveals what information?
(a) Her father was Jewish.
(b) Her sister married a Jewish man.
(c) She is Jewish.
(d) Her husband is Jewish.
12. In "Flight," the Landauers (along with Kata and Marika) are finally finished with ____________.
(a) Warring with one another.
(c) Building the house.
13. What does Lanik drink in the chapter titled "Lanik"?
(c) Coca Cola.
14. "Swimming" begins with a letter from Hana to Liesel in which she describes the German scientist and what?
(a) The new use for the house.
(b) Her husband's death.
(c) Her affair with the pianist.
(d) The birth of her daughter.
15. Whom, according to Liesel's mother, was sent away in her letter in "Dissolution"?
(a) Rainer von Abt.
(b) Hana and Oskar.
(c) Tomas and Oskar.
(d) Ottilie and Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who at first relents from letting the Nazi scientist into the Landauer home in "Occupation"?
2. In "Encounter," Stahl sits in the cafe that Hana and __________would often visit.
3. In "Paris," Tomas is scheduled to attend a medical conference and arrange for whom to attend?
4. Where does a bomb land in "Lanik"?
5. In "Ocean," the Landauer's train comes to a stop at a station where there are ________surrounding the station.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)