|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hana was allowed to keep her baby for how long before it was taken away?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 1 year.
2. In "Storm," Stahl is furious because Hana has not _________.
(a) Told him she was married.
(b) Told him she was Jewish.
(c) Called his wife.
(d) Answered his calls in a week.
3. Whom, according to Liesel's mother, was sent away in her letter in "Dissolution"?
(a) Ottilie and Martin.
(b) Rainer von Abt.
(c) Tomas and Oskar.
(d) Hana and Oskar.
4. When did World War II begin?
5. After Ondine's child is born, her lover cheats on her because she has lost __________.
(a) Her love for him.
(b) Her children.
(c) Eternal youth.
(d) All of her money.
6. What German Nazi scientist opens a laboratory in the old Landauer home in "Occupation"?
7. Where does a bomb land in "Lanik"?
(a) In the bathroom of the Landauer House.
(b) In the Glass Room.
(c) In the kitchen of the Landauer House.
(d) The garden outside of the Landauer House.
8. Whom does Liesel dream of constantly in "Dissolution"?
9. In "Comfort," Hana breaks the ice by insisting she must tell Zdenka that she had a baby where?
(a) In the concentration camp.
(b) In France.
(c) In the insane asylum.
(d) In America.
10. In "Berta" the reader is introduced to what woman that Tomas has slept with for many years?
11. What are the passengers on the train told to line up on the platform with in "Ocean"?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their papers.
(c) Their luggage.
(d) Their insurance cards.
12. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
13. As Liesel is writing a reply to Hana in "Leaving," Viktor bursts into the room to announce that what have arrived?
(a) The tickets to London.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The tickets to America.
(d) The children.
14. Where does Ondine go to die in grief?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To the prairie.
(d) To the mountain.
15. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
(a) Rainer von Abt.
(c) A Nazi official.
(d) A Russian official.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Flight," the Landauers (along with Kata and Marika) are finally finished with ____________.
2. In "Leaving," Hana reveals in a letter that she is sleeping with Stahl for money because all of Oskar's money and possessions have been __________.
3. In "Ondine" the reader learns about a child patient who stops breathing ___________.
4. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
5. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)