|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dispossession," Lanik shows the Landauer house to whom?
(a) A Nazi official.
(b) A Russian official.
(c) Rainer von Abt.
2. In "Leman," Liesel writes to Hana about not feeling angry with whom, although she feels she should be furious?
3. Hana reveals to Stahl in "Storm" that she is __________.
(b) In love with him.
4. As Liesel is writing a reply to Hana in "Leaving," Viktor bursts into the room to announce that what have arrived?
(a) The tickets to America.
(b) The tickets to London.
(c) The children.
(d) The Nazis.
5. Whom does Liesel dream of constantly in "Dissolution"?
6. What German Nazi scientist opens a laboratory in the old Landauer home in "Occupation"?
7. In "Decision," Stahl has the opportunity to meet whom when he and other Jews are brought in to be measured?
8. During "Examination," Hana decides to go visit Stahl at the house, where he takes her measurements and photographs her ____________.
(a) Wearing a gown.
(b) Wearing a tiara.
(c) In a wig.
9. "Departure" begins with Liesel frightened and worried for whom?
10. What is the laboratory of Stahl's referred to as in the novel?
(a) The Neutron Center.
(b) The Biometric Center.
(c) The Biodiversity Center.
(d) The Genetics Center.
11. In "Flight," the Landauers begin their drive toward the airport, but notice that many of the roads are ______.
(a) On fire.
(c) Covered in ashes.
12. What coalition included Germany, Italy, and Japan during World War II?
(a) The Axis powers.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Allies.
13. What are the passengers on the train told to line up on the platform with in "Ocean"?
(a) Their insurance cards.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their papers.
(d) Their luggage.
14. In "Concert" Hana takes Stahl to the Glass Room, where Hana shows him _________ in evening sunlight?
(a) The iron gate.
(b) The marble wall.
(c) The onyx wall.
(d) The garden patio.
15. When did World War II end?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Viktor returns to the train car with his family in "Ocean," he is lambasted by Liesel for risking his life for what?
2. In "Confession," Zdenka receives a call from whom, requesting a meeting?
3. Where does Zdenka dance for Hana in "Confession"?
4. In "Rainer," Rainer von Abt is now building skyscrapers in what country?
5. In "Leman," the Landauers have left which city and continued their journey westward?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)