|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of Hyeonseo's favorite song and is also the title of Chapter 10 of her memoir?
(a) Jailhouse Rock.
(b) Rocky Island.
(c) Come to Me.
(d) Gangnam Style.
2. At what age does Hyeonseo witness her first public execution?
3. What was NOT a characteristic of the special class Hyeonseo began taking when she was 15?
(a) The class was for girls only.
(b) The class taught knitting skills.
(c) There were only three girls in the class.
(d) The class taught housekeeping skills.
4. With what object does a mysterious figure hit Hyeonseo over the head when she arrives home from work?
(a) A block of wood.
(b) A tire iron.
(c) A beer bottle.
(d) A vase.
5. Hyeonseo states that every election in North Korea always "returned Kim Jong-il with" what "percentage approval" (111)?
(c) At least 80%.
(d) At least 90%.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what instrument did Hyeonseo teach herself to play her favorite song?
2. When the Socialist Youth League performed work in the summer, they dug tunnels around Hyeonseo's school. What type of work did they engage in during the other three seasons that year?
3. Whose daughter told Hyeonseo that illegal South Korean pop cassettes could be bought discreetly from certain dealers?
4. When Hyeonseo's Uncle Jung-gil tells her that Kim Jong-Il had not been born in Korea, where does he say Kim Jong-il had been born instead?
5. On what condition had Hyeonseo's grandparents agreed to allow their son to marry Hyeonseo's mother?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)