|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Hyeonseo's family move after leaving Hyesan?
2. In total, how many rooms did Hyeonseo's house near the river in Hyesan have?
3. About what malady is Hyeonseo speaking when she says that her father displayed signs of "an illness that is not acknowledged in North Korea" (67)?
(a) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
(d) Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
4. What location in Hyesan did Hyeonseo name as a "common site for public executions" (73)?
(a) The riverbank.
(b) The airport.
(c) The public square.
(d) The National Museum.
5. What did Hyeonseo's mother do immediately upon seeing her husband in the Hyesan hospital?
(a) She faints.
(b) She sobs.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hyeonseo says that she will never be truly free of her country's what, no matter how far she travels?
2. What percentage of North Korea's population consistently falls within the Hostile category of the songbun caste system?
3. What aspect of Hyeonseo's mother's character does Hyeonseo say is unusual for a woman of high songbun?
4. How long after Hyeonseo's father disappeared did the family hear that he had been released to a hospital in Hyesan?
5. What example is given of a person who would inhabit the lowest level of songbun?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)