Introduction, Prologue, and Part One: The Greatest Nation on Earth, Chapters 1-9
· The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Lee, Hyeonseo. The Girl with Seven Names. William Collins, 2015. Print.
· The Girl with Seven Names is a memoir by Hyeonseo Lee, and its narrative is related in the first person from the author’s point of view.
· The Introduction comes from the text of Lee’s TED talk in 2013, where she first related her story in English before a crowded auditorium in Long Beach, California.
· Lee explains that her current name is not one she was born with, but one that she gave herself.
· Hyeon means sunshine and Seo “means good fortune” (xi).
· In her speech, Lee compares leaving North Korea to traveling to another planet and realizing that you have been brainwashed your entire life.
· Lee hopes to enlighten others through her...
This section contains 4,641 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)