Introduction, Prologue, and Chapters 1-9
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Lee, Hyeonseo (with David John). The Girl with Seven Names. William Collins, 2015. Print.
• Hyeonseo Lee introduces herself to readers and explains that her current name is not the one she was born with, but the one she eventually chose for herself. It means "sunshine" and "good fortune."
• In February 2013, Hyeonseo Lee tells her story in English for the first time in front of a crowded auditorium.
• She is nervous and hears her voice tremble as she begins to speak about her childhood in North Korea.
• Despite her shocking story, Hyeonseo still loves her country and misses it very much.
• She compares leaving North Korea to leaving another universe and recognizes that life in the free world can be very challenging for those born there.
• She knows she cannot return to...
This section contains 9,471 words
(approx. 32 pages at 300 words per page)