|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa debate as she's preparing to walk out the door?
2. What does Lisa discover has happened to the dogs when she goes down from the rooftop?
3. What happens to the size of the crowd during the night after Lisa's return?
4. How old is Lisa when she's injured?
5. What does Lisa forget for a moment when the chamber door closes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the king from Lisa's story make money and how is this different from kings in other stories?
2. Why is Tom Logan angry as he sits in Lisa's room the night after he takes over the city?
3. What are some of the rules Lisa puts in place as soon as the children are moved into the new city?
4. How does Todd get help for Lisa?
5. What happens in the moments after Tom leaves the chamber?
6. What are some of the defense plans and how do the children come up with these plans?
7. Describe the operation on Lisa's bullet wound.
8. What are Lisa's thoughts when she finds herself alone in the chamber room with Tom?
9. What are Lisa's thoughts before she goes out to talk to the children calling for her?
10. What is it that Todd is supposed to do once he's inside the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the trip Lisa and the group takes to other cities. What do they discover? What had they hoped to discover? What is Lisa's attitude when the group turns toward home?
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least three situations in which Lisa doubts herself or her decisions. How are the three different? How are they the same? What does Lisa learn from each?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lisa survive in the first months after the plague? What is it that keeps her motivated? What are her biggest concerns?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)