|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa discover has happened to the dogs when she goes down from the rooftop?
2. What does Craig carry when they rush to Lisa's side?
3. What does Lisa find Jill has provided for her breakfast?
4. Why does Lisa say she has to speak to the children calling for her?
5. Who does Lisa say can get the toys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the advice the young prince gives to his father, the king, and what is the ending of Lisa's story?
2. Why is Tom Logan angry as he sits in Lisa's room the night after he takes over the city?
3. What are the reasons Lisa gives for defending her statement that she owns the city?
4. What are Lisa's thoughts before she goes out to talk to the children calling for her?
5. Describe the operation on Lisa's bullet wound.
6. What happens in the moments after Tom leaves the chamber?
7. What does Lisa do in the first days after her house burns and what does she feel during this time?
8. What does Lisa find when she and the others return to the farm on Swift Road and what does Lisa think happened to cause it?
9. What is the deal Lisa makes with the children and what does she get when they return to her?
10. Briefly describe what Lisa says to Tom when they are alone in the chamber.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List at least two important lessons Lisa learns over the course of the story. How does she learn each lesson? How does each help her in her role as leader?
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least three situations in which Lisa doubts herself or her decisions. How are the three different? How are they the same? What does Lisa learn from each?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lisa learn to drive? Why does she learn to drive? List at least two things she accomplishes because she learned to drive.
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)