|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa see when the motorcade turns down Swift Road?
2. What does Craig say Erika's job will be on the farm?
3. What does Lisa say the children need in order to be able to defend their homes?
4. What does Charlie say when Lisa accuses him of telling the other children in the city she was alive?
5. What do the children plan to do with the oil they are keeping on the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lisa come up with the idea to move to the school?
2. What is the deal Lisa makes with the children and what does she get when they return to her?
3. Briefly describe what Lisa says to Tom when they are alone in the chamber.
4. What does Tom tell Lisa when she arrives in the chamber?
5. How does the king from Lisa's story make money and how is this different from kings in other stories?
6. What does Lisa do in the first days after her house burns and what does she feel during this time?
7. Describe the operation on Lisa's bullet wound.
8. What does Lisa notice about Jill's children in the days after Lisa's house burns?
9. What is Jill supposed to do when she returns to the city?
10. Why is Tom Logan angry as he sits in Lisa's room the night after he takes over the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the daily routine for the children after they move to the high school. How do Lisa's days differ from those of most of the other children?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Lisa with any two other characters from the story. Remember to point out strengths and weaknesses of the characters and the roles of each in the overall story.
Essay Topic 3
How does Lisa survive in the first months after the plague? What is it that keeps her motivated? What are her biggest concerns?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)