|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jill say when Lisa demands that her children help patrol Grand Avenue to protect against attacks?
2. Which of the following are among the things Lisa has for them to eat at the campfire?
3. What does Lisa think when she notices the clock at midnight?
4. What is the last thing Todd says before they go to sleep that night?
5. Where does Steve suggest they get food?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lisa explain the word "logical" to Todd?
2. What is Lisa thinking as she and Craig go to the warehouse in two cars one night?
3. What are some of the things Lisa takes from the house she breaks into?
4. What is Jill's argument when Lisa says the children at Jill's house will have to help with patrols? What is Lisa's response?
5. What kind of life does Craig wish for and what is Lisa's response?
6. Briefly describe the letter Lisa finds on the table in the farm house.
7. What does Lisa find in her closet that reminds her of her old life, and how does she feel when she finds it?
8. Describe what the children do during their holiday?
9. How does Todd decide to go fishing, how does he get ready to go and what's his attitude when he returns?
10. What is the plan Lisa presents the other children for the creation of a militia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Lisa with any two other characters from the story. Remember to point out strengths and weaknesses of the characters and the roles of each in the overall story.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Todd? Jill? Craig? Charlie? Julie? Tom? Elaine? What is the role of each in the story? How are each connected to Lisa?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lisa believe that the city is better than the farm? Why does Craig believe the farm is better than the city? Which is correct?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)