|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lisa take a wicker basket with her?
2. What is the idea Eileen comes up with for a fun weapon?
3. What kind of injuries does Todd have when Lisa gets home with the second load of supplies?
4. How fast do Craig and Lisa drive on their way home from the warehouse that first night?
5. Where are they when Lisa tries to explain to Todd about her mixed up feelings about her accomplishments?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lisa talks to Todd about her sense of accomplishment. What does she say about it?
2. What are some of the options Lisa can think of as ways to get food?
3. Briefly describe the letter Lisa finds on the table in the farm house.
4. What does Lisa learn about Julie and Charlie?
5. How has Lisa's relationship with Todd changed and what is her attitude about that?
6. Briefly describe the story Lisa tells Todd the night after the gang steals the food Lisa brought from the farm.
7. What is Jill's argument when Lisa says the children at Jill's house will have to help with patrols? What is Lisa's response?
8. Describe what the children do during their holiday?
9. Briefly tell what the man wrote to his son John in the letter Lisa found on the writing desk.
10. What are some of the suggestions the other children have as an alternative to forming a militia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lisa move the children to the high school? How does she maintain control? How does she continue to maintain control even after hundreds of children join them?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Lisa with any two other characters from the story. Remember to point out strengths and weaknesses of the characters and the roles of each in the overall story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lisa. Is she a believable character? Is she a likable character? Do you admire her? What are her strengths and weaknesses?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)