|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do members of the Chidester Gang think Tom Logan is dead?
2. Who are the main characters in the story Lisa tells Todd before they go to sleep in chapter two?
3. What do Todd and Lisa's signs warn trespassers will happen?
4. Who makes up the song about Grandville?
5. What does Lisa think she might be able to find if she rides north from her house to farms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa learn about Julie and Charlie?
2. What is Jill's argument when Lisa says the children at Jill's house will have to help with patrols? What is Lisa's response?
3. Describe what the children do during their holiday?
4. What kind of training do the children dislike most and who is teaching them about this?
5. How is the Chidester gang chased off when the attack the neighborhood while Craig and Lisa are away?
6. What does Lisa discover when she returns to the house with the second load of supplies from the farm?
7. How do Lisa and Todd arrange an alarm system to alert them to intruders?
8. What are some of the things Lisa takes from the house she breaks into?
9. Briefly describe the story Lisa tells Todd the night after the gang steals the food Lisa brought from the farm.
10. Describe what Lisa imagines she'll find in a grocery warehouse and how she comes up with the idea.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Lisa's ultimate goals? Why does she have these goals? Do you believe she can accomplish them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lisa become a leader? What are the qualities that make her suited to this job?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lisa. Is she a believable character? Is she a likable character? Do you admire her? What are her strengths and weaknesses?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)