|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first promise Lisa asks Craig to make in chapter six?
2. What does Jill Jansen say when Lisa encounters her?
3. What does Charlie say they should do?
4. What is the smell Lisa detects in the kitchen?
5. What does Lisa say the kids can use as a way of summoning help if there's a problem while they're patrolling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jill and what does she demand of Lisa? Why does she feel Lisa should help her and what does Lisa think?
2. What is Craig thinking as he and Lisa go to the warehouse in two cars one night?
3. What are some of the things Lisa takes from the house she breaks into?
4. How has Lisa's relationship with Todd changed and what is her attitude about that?
5. What is the plan Craig and Lisa come up with about storing the food?
6. What is the plan Lisa presents the other children for the creation of a militia?
7. What does Lisa find in her closet that reminds her of her old life, and how does she feel when she finds it?
8. Describe what the children do during their holiday?
9. What are some of the options Lisa can think of as ways to get food?
10. Briefly describe the story Lisa tells Todd the night after the gang steals the food Lisa brought from the farm.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lisa move the children to the high school? How does she maintain control? How does she continue to maintain control even after hundreds of children join them?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Lisa. Is she a believable character? Is she a likable character? Do you admire her? What are her strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lisa survive in the first months after the plague? What is it that keeps her motivated? What are her biggest concerns?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)