|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie's new job in the city?
(a) He's in charge of the militia.
(b) He's in charge of the kitchen.
(c) He's teaching the children about farming.
(d) He's figuring out how to make the lights work.
2. What do the other kids call the room where Lisa spends most of her time?
(a) The war room.
(b) The chamber.
(c) Off limits.
(d) The dungeon.
3. How many guards rush in when Tom gives a signal?
(c) Hundreds .
4. Who does Lisa ask to become a spy in the city?
5. What does Jill give Lisa to drink when she wakes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the children cry the night after Lisa sends them all to "earn" their new toys?
2. Who does Jill share a room with in the new city?
3. Why does Lisa say she has to speak to the children calling for her?
4. Where does Todd sleep that night so he'll be near Lisa?
5. What does Lisa say it would have been a good day to do at the end of chapter fifteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the changes other children around town notice after Lisa and the others move into Glenbard?
2. What are some of the defense plans and how do the children come up with these plans?
3. Describe the celebration the children have on the roof when their work is finished?
4. What is Jill supposed to do when she returns to the city?
5. What is it that Todd is supposed to do once he's inside the city?
6. How does the king from Lisa's story make money and how is this different from kings in other stories?
7. How does Lisa come up with the idea to move to the school?
8. What does Tom tell Lisa when she arrives in the chamber?
9. Why is Tom Logan angry as he sits in Lisa's room the night after he takes over the city?
10. Briefly describe what Lisa says to Tom when they are alone in the chamber.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)