|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisa suggest that Todd do with his morning in chapter three?
(a) Look for another house with food.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Go fishing.
2. In the letter Lisa finds, what does the man say he's sorry for?
(a) That there are no adults to take care of the children.
(b) That they never went camping in Canada.
(c) That he's dying.
(d) That he didn't say "I love you" more.
3. Why does Charlie say he helped the gang steal food from Lisa?
(a) He was too lazy to go look for food on his own.
(b) He wants to be cool .
(c) He didn't want the other boys to call him chicken.
(d) He thought it was the only way he could get food.
4. What color is Lisa's hair?
5. Where does Lisa tell the children to go for a campfire after she sends Tom Logan away?
(a) Lake Ellyn.
(b) The Jewel warehouse.
(c) Craig's house.
(d) The old school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa find in the barn of the first farm she visits?
2. What is the alarm sound for Craig's house?
3. What is Craig's response when Lisa says she wants to get things like hospitals, jets and schools working again?
4. What were the meetings that Lisa attended on Mondays before the plague?
5. Which of the following are among the things Lisa has for them to eat at the campfire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the suggestions the other children have as an alternative to forming a militia?
2. How does Lisa explain the word "logical" to Todd?
3. Briefly describe the letter Lisa finds on the table in the farm house.
4. Describe what the children do during their holiday?
5. What is Jill's argument when Lisa says the children at Jill's house will have to help with patrols? What is Lisa's response?
6. What kind of training do the children dislike most and who is teaching them about this?
7. What does Lisa learn about Julie and Charlie?
8. Describe how Lisa and Craig get to the warehouse and how they get in.
9. What is Craig thinking as he and Lisa go to the warehouse in two cars one night?
10. Lisa talks to Todd about her sense of accomplishment. What does she say about it?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)