|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisa see that makes her start to drive away from the warehouse without looking inside?
(a) A bunch of rats.
(b) A large group of boys.
(c) Ten or more stray dogs.
(d) Broken windows.
2. What does Lisa suggest that Todd do with his morning in chapter three?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Look for another house with food.
3. What is the sound Lisa rigs up to be an alarm in case of intruders?
(a) A car horn blowing.
(b) Tin cans falling.
(c) The blowing of a trumped.
(d) A dog howling.
4. What is the smell Lisa detects in the kitchen?
(b) Dead mice.
(d) Rotting food.
5. What is the sight Lisa and Todd see when they arrive home?
(a) The gang is stealing their food.
(b) Their house is on fire.
(c) The children are all outside playing.
(d) The children are having a bonfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa provide for the children to drink during the meeting?
2. What is Craig's response when Lisa says she wants to get things like hospitals, jets and schools working again?
3. Why does Lisa take a wicker basket with her?
4. What is the focus of Jill's life?
5. Who is appointed to head up the militia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan Lisa presents the other children for the creation of a militia?
2. What kind of training do the children dislike most and who is teaching them about this?
3. Briefly describe the story Lisa tells Todd the night after the gang steals the food Lisa brought from the farm.
4. What does Lisa start to say about the children who didn't come out to fight off the gang, why does she change her mind and why does she let the children tell the story any way they choose?
5. What is the plan Craig and Lisa come up with about storing the food?
6. What kind of life does Craig wish for and what is Lisa's response?
7. What is Craig thinking as he and Lisa go to the warehouse in two cars one night?
8. Describe what Lisa imagines she'll find in a grocery warehouse and how she comes up with the idea.
9. What does Lisa discover when she returns to the house with the second load of supplies from the farm?
10. How does Todd decide to go fishing, how does he get ready to go and what's his attitude when he returns?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)