|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Todd no longer want to be called "Toddy-boy?"
(a) It makes him think of his mother.
(b) He's too big for the nickname.
(c) He wants to use his middle name.
(d) Some of the girls made fun of it.
2. What does Lisa think when she notices the clock at midnight?
(a) That she hears someone walking in the house.
(b) That she's very afraid and hungry.
(c) That she should wake Todd to keep watch.
(d) That she can't wait for the following morning.
3. What do the children discover Lisa and Todd are doing when they disappear from the singing?
(a) Lisa is teaching Todd to drive.
(b) They are building a fence.
(c) They are looking for a new place to live.
(d) They are gone for another load of sodas.
4. What is the deal Tom Logan offers Lisa?
(a) That he won't attack them if she'll tell him where she's getting food.
(b) That he won't burn her house if she'll share her food.
(c) That he'll join her gang if she'll give him food.
(d) That his gang will protect her in exchange for food.
5. What does Charlie say they should do?
(a) Form a gang of their own.
(b) Leave town.
(d) Start farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the snack Lisa is going to serve to the children who attend the meeting?
2. What do Todd and Lisa's signs warn trespassers will happen?
3. How fast do Craig and Lisa drive on their way home from the warehouse that first night?
4. What did Lisa put in her pocket on the day she and Todd had found the store almost empty of food?
5. What street is Lisa's house on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jill's argument when Lisa says the children at Jill's house will have to help with patrols? What is Lisa's response?
2. How does Todd decide to go fishing, how does he get ready to go and what's his attitude when he returns?
3. What are some of the things Lisa takes from the house she breaks into?
4. Describe how Lisa and Craig get to the warehouse and how they get in.
5. Describe what the children do during their holiday?
6. What are some of the suggestions the other children have as an alternative to forming a militia?
7. What does Lisa find in her closet that reminds her of her old life, and how does she feel when she finds it?
8. How does Lisa explain the word "logical" to Todd?
9. Briefly describe the letter Lisa finds on the table in the farm house.
10. How do Lisa and Todd arrange an alarm system to alert them to intruders?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)