|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Todd no longer want to be called "Toddy-boy?"
(a) He wants to use his middle name.
(b) Some of the girls made fun of it.
(c) He's too big for the nickname.
(d) It makes him think of his mother.
2. Where do Lisa and Todd go to spend the night after returning home from the warehouse?
(a) Jill's house.
(c) Craig's house.
(d) The warehouse.
3. What street is Lisa's house on?
(a) Martin Luther King Boulevard.
(b) Grand Avenue.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Forward Lane.
4. What does Jill Jansen say when Lisa encounters her?
(a) What's in the bag?
(b) I need food for my sisters!
(c) Do you have enough food to share?
(d) Do you want to play?
5. What does Lisa see that makes her start to drive away from the warehouse without looking inside?
(a) A bunch of rats.
(b) Broken windows.
(c) A large group of boys.
(d) Ten or more stray dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Craig's little sister's name?
2. What does Lisa cook for their dinner?
3. What did Lisa put in her pocket on the day she and Todd had found the store almost empty of food?
4. What tool do they use to get through the window and into the warehouse?
5. What does Lisa realize will be a constant problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lisa thinking as she and Craig go to the warehouse in two cars one night?
2. How do Lisa and Todd arrange an alarm system to alert them to intruders?
3. What does Lisa find in her closet that reminds her of her old life, and how does she feel when she finds it?
4. Who is Jill and what does she demand of Lisa? Why does she feel Lisa should help her and what does Lisa think?
5. What is Jill's argument when Lisa says the children at Jill's house will have to help with patrols? What is Lisa's response?
6. Describe what the children do during their holiday?
7. How does Todd decide to go fishing, how does he get ready to go and what's his attitude when he returns?
8. Briefly tell what the man wrote to his son John in the letter Lisa found on the writing desk.
9. What are some of the options Lisa can think of as ways to get food?
10. Describe the party Lisa and the other children have at Lake Ellyn.
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)