|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of training happens at nine each morning?
(c) Target practice.
(d) Throwing bombs.
2. What color are the letters of the grocery warehouse sign?
3. Why has Lisa wished to see a moving car for the weeks since the plague?
(a) It would mean there was an adult alive.
(b) She wants someone to teach her to drive.
(c) She hoped she could catch a ride.
(d) It would mean someone could help her move food to her house.
4. One of the suggestions is to have Tom Logan's gang fight off the Chidester Gang. How is it suggested that they get Tom Logan on their side?
(a) By giving his gang food.
(b) By joining his gang.
(c) By giving him money.
(d) By promising to take him with them when they leave town.
5. What does Lisa think she might be able to find if she rides north from her house to farms?
(a) Some adults.
(b) A live chicken for eggs.
(c) A cow for milk.
(d) More children .
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Steve suggest they get food?
2. Where does Lisa get a drink after she eats her candy bar?
3. What is the idea Eileen comes up with for a fun weapon?
4. What does Lisa suggest that Todd do with his morning in chapter three?
5. What is the problem Lisa discovers with the car when she goes outside the following morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan Lisa presents the other children for the creation of a militia?
2. What are some of the things Lisa takes from the house she breaks into?
3. What is Lisa thinking as she and Craig go to the warehouse in two cars one night?
4. What are some of the suggestions the other children have as an alternative to forming a militia?
5. How does Todd decide to go fishing, how does he get ready to go and what's his attitude when he returns?
6. Briefly describe the letter Lisa finds on the table in the farm house.
7. What does Lisa start to say about the children who didn't come out to fight off the gang, why does she change her mind and why does she let the children tell the story any way they choose?
8. How do Lisa and Todd arrange an alarm system to alert them to intruders?
9. Who is Jill and what does she demand of Lisa? Why does she feel Lisa should help her and what does Lisa think?
10. How has Lisa's relationship with Todd changed and what is her attitude about that?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)