|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Malm finish the mock-up of Blomkvist's book?
2. What does the opening quotation in Part 4 address?
3. Where are the lewd emails that are sent to the SMP staff in Chapter 14 supposedly originating?
4. What does the Section become most concerned with in Chapter 23?
5. Who does Modig see meeting with Teleborian in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Berger decide she must resign from SMP in Chapter 17?
2. How does Salander dress during her trial?
3. What do Figuerola, Edklinth, and Blomkvist attempt to do during their meeting in Chapter 18?
4. What exactly is stolen from Berger's home by her stalker?
5. What information does Plague give Salander about Teleborian?
6. How many people are taking pictures outside of Blomkvist's apartment in Chapter 14?
7. What is Jonas Sandberg arrested for in Chapter 26?
8. How does Teleborian answer nearly every question during Salander's trial?
9. What happens when Linder confronts Fredriksson?
10. What does Blomkvist say on the note he leaves in Salander's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two members of Lisbeth Salander's family. Make sure to use direct examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Lisbeth's fight with her father 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least 3 key facts about Lisbeth that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three reasons why "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)