|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Salander decide to go after her trial?
2. How does Salander learn about Berger's stalker?
3. What must Figuerola be careful of during her investigation?
4. Who suspects that Salander is faking her illness in Chapter 15?
5. What surprising item in Salander's apartment does she find when she returns after her trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mimmi react when Salander comes to visit her?
2. What do Edklinth and Figuerola discuss about Martensson in Chapter 15?
3. What is Jonas Sandberg arrested for in Chapter 26?
4. What makes Berger's husband so angry in Chapter 15?
5. Why is Salander so thrilled to receive her cell phone in Chapter 13?
6. What happens when Linder confronts Fredriksson?
7. What does Prosecutor Gustavsson finally agree to do in Chapter 24?
8. What is Salander concerned about as she reads Blomkvist's articles in Chapter 15?
9. How does Teleborian answer nearly every question during Salander's trial?
10. What happens at the big meeting in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify what you think is the tone for "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" and discuss three literary devices that Larsson uses to create this tone.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three challenges an author, like Larsson, faces when discussing technology or forensic science in a novel. Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Larsson portrays authority figures in "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)