|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Jonasson leave Salander's cell phone for her to find it?
2. Where does Salander decide to go after her trial?
3. Who is Gustavsson?
4. Who is Thorbjorn Falldin?
5. Who makes the motion to have Salander's trial held behind closed doors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Teleborian answer nearly every question during Salander's trial?
2. How does Mimmi react when Salander comes to visit her?
3. What exactly is stolen from Berger's home by her stalker?
4. Why does Blomkvist tell Berger the news about her new boss's illegal activities in Chapter 14?
5. What does Armansky report to Blomkvist about the break-in in his apartment?
6. What does Dr. Jonasson explain to Faste about the x-ray of Salander's brain in Chapter 15?
7. What do Edklinth and Figuerola discuss about Martensson in Chapter 15?
8. What does Figuerola joke to Blomkvist after they sleep together?
9. What does Figuerola want to dig into in Chapter 15 -- and why isn't she allowed to dig into it?
10. What do Figuerola, Edklinth, and Blomkvist attempt to do during their meeting in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three challenges an author, like Larsson, faces when discussing technology or forensic science in a novel. Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least four different ways the story of "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" would change if the setting were in a rural, Midwestern town instead of Stockholm.
Essay Topic 3
Identify what you think is the tone for "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" and discuss three literary devices that Larsson uses to create this tone.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)