|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the opening quotation of Part 3 address?
2. How does Salander learn about Berger's stalker?
3. What will Linder do for Berger until Berger's new security system is finalized?
4. What does Berger's stalker throw through the window of her home?
5. What date does Figuerola tell her colleagues Salander's trial is set to start?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Salander come to realize about her life as she writes her autobiography?
2. Why does Blomkvist tell Berger the news about her new boss's illegal activities in Chapter 14?
3. What do Figuerola and Edklinth learn about Gullberg in Chapter 16?
4. Why does Berger decide she must resign from SMP in Chapter 17?
5. What happens when Judge Iversen asks the prosecutors for an explanation of the turn of events at the trial?
6. What does Dr. Jonasson explain to Faste about the x-ray of Salander's brain in Chapter 15?
7. What happens in the Section once they learn about Blomkvist's book in Chapter 23?
8. What does Armansky report to Blomkvist about the break-in in his apartment?
9. How does Teleborian answer nearly every question during Salander's trial?
10. Under what conditions is Salander set free?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as strong as Salander. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Mysteries, and the Millennium Series in particular, are an especially popular type of novel. Discuss at least four aspects of Larsson's writing style that resonates so strongly with such a large audience, citing specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Lisbeth and Blomkvist. Using direct evidence from the text, make sure to address 1) what their relationship has been like historically, 2) what their relationship is like now, and 3) what the reader learns about these 2 characters through their interactions with each other.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)