|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Salander describe Teleborian to Dr. Jonasson?
2. What does Salander request of Trinity in Chapter 15?
3. What name does Blomkvist give the secret division inside of Sapo?
4. What does the opening quotation of Part 3 address?
5. What does Berger finally admit in Chapter 16 about her work situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Salander come to realize about her life as she writes her autobiography?
2. How does Teleborian answer nearly every question during Salander's trial?
3. What does Berger want Milton Security to help with at her home?
4. What happens in the Section once they learn about Blomkvist's book in Chapter 23?
5. How does Salander dress during her trial?
6. What exactly is stolen from Berger's home by her stalker?
7. What information does Plague give Salander about Teleborian?
8. What does Figuerola joke to Blomkvist after they sleep together?
9. How does Mimmi react when Salander comes to visit her?
10. What happens at the big meeting in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Lisbeth's fight with her father 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least 3 key facts about Lisbeth that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as strong as Salander. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least four different ways the story of "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" would change if the setting were in a rural, Midwestern town instead of Stockholm.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)