|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Salander start to read the articles Blomkvist has written about her?
2. What does Salander request of Trinity in Chapter 15?
3. What does the Prime Minister decide about the current charges Salander faces in Chapter 15?
4. What does Blomkvist ask Berger about their relationship in Chapter 15?
5. What will Linder do for Berger until Berger's new security system is finalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exactly is stolen from Berger's home by her stalker?
2. What do Figuerola and Edklinth learn about Gullberg in Chapter 16?
3. How does Mimmi react when Salander comes to visit her?
4. What do Figuerola, Edklinth, and Blomkvist attempt to do during their meeting in Chapter 18?
5. What is Jonas Sandberg arrested for in Chapter 26?
6. How many people are taking pictures outside of Blomkvist's apartment in Chapter 14?
7. What does Figuerola joke to Blomkvist after they sleep together?
8. What does Salander come to realize about her life as she writes her autobiography?
9. What happens when Linder confronts Fredriksson?
10. Why does Berger decide she must resign from SMP in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Larsson uses to create tension in "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Lisbeth's fight with her father 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least 3 key facts about Lisbeth that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Choose at least one female character from "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" and discuss at least 3 ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)