|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zalachenko tell Sandberg he wants?
2. Why does Blomkvist buy untraceable phones in Chapter 8?
3. What is the best way to describe Holm's attitude toward Berger as she takes the helm of SMP?
4. What kind of incredibly vulgar communication does Berger receive in Chapter 12?
5. Who threatens to go to the police in Chapter 11 if Salander is made a scapegoat again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Blomkvist trust Berger with the Zalachenko story even though she is going to work at SMP?
2. What is Gullberg's background with the Security Police?
3. What critical information about Niedermann does Blomkvist give Paulsson in Chapter 1 -- information that he ignores?
4. Why does Gullberg shoot himself in Chapter 7?
5. What does Bublanski think about the death of Gunnar Bjorck?
6. What does Blomkvist claim is the purpose of "The Knights of the Idiotic Table"?
7. What story does Henry Cortez break open in Chapter 11?
8. What does Armansky tell Blomkvist about his willingness to help Salander when Blomkvist approaches him in Chapter 5?
9. Why did Gullberg decide to bring Zalachenko into the Section?
10. What job does Ghidi do for Blomkvist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two members of Lisbeth Salander's family. Make sure to use direct examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least four different ways the story of "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" would change if the setting were in a rural, Midwestern town instead of Stockholm.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two male characters of your choosing from "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)