|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long as Morander been at SMP before Berger arrives?
2. What number in the trilogy is "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"?
3. What is the name of the hospital where Dr. Jonasson works?
4. What is Dragan Armansky's job?
5. How does Zalachenko view Jonas Sandberg when he first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Morander not tell Berger the full story on the staff at SMP?
2. What does Armansky tell Blomkvist about his willingness to help Salander when Blomkvist approaches him in Chapter 5?
3. What injuries does Zalachenko have when he arrives at the hospital in Chapter 1?
4. Why is Annika Giannini alarmed in Chapter 1 when she wakes up and sees the news report about Salander and Niedermann?
5. Why does Modig urge the police to give Blomkvist the benefit of the doubt in Chapter 2 about Salander?
6. What do Modig and Bublanski suspect about Zalachenko at the end of Chapter 4?
7. What do Salander and Dr. Jonasson talk about when she first wakes up in Chapter 3?
8. Why does Gullberg shoot himself in Chapter 7?
9. What does the reader learn about the Section's role in having Salander committed to St. Stefan's in Chapter 5?
10. What does Blomkvist do when he finds Salander on the floor of the farmhouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three aspects of "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" that makes the novel believable as well as what literary devices Larsson uses to create that level of believability OR analyze at least three aspects of "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" that makes the novel unbelievable as well as what literary devices Larsson does not use effectively to create a level of believability in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Larsson portrays authority figures in "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Lisbeth and Blomkvist. Using direct evidence from the text, make sure to address 1) what their relationship has been like historically, 2) what their relationship is like now, and 3) what the reader learns about these 2 characters through their interactions with each other.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)