|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual item was used to stop Salander's bleeding in the farmhouse?
(a) Paper towels.
(b) Duct tape.
(c) A sock.
(d) Toilet paper.
2. How does Blomkvist view Paulsson?
(a) As a spy.
(b) As an idiot.
(c) As someone who has it in for Salander.
(d) As someone who can help the investigation.
3. What is the topic of the opening quotation in Part I of "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"?
(a) Men's roles during the Industrial Revolution in Sweden.
(b) The importance of literacy.
(c) The importance of the press in a free society.
(d) Women fighting during the American Civil War.
4. What is the best way to describe Holm's attitude toward Berger as she takes the helm of SMP?
(a) Nice but unintelligent.
(b) Kind but annoying.
(c) Rude and subordinate.
(d) Helpful and patient.
5. What weapon does a nurse find in Salander's bed in Chapter 6?
(a) A stun gun.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to still have a copy of Bjork's report that has been stolen or gone missing for everyone else?
2. Where does Annika decide to stay after the incident at the hospital (instead of heading home)?
3. Why is Blomkvist not allowed to visit Salander in the hospital?
4. What does Ekstrom believe about Nystrom's claims about Zalachenko's file in Chapter 11?
5. How does Zalachenko view Jonas Sandberg when he first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blomkvist do when he finds Salander on the floor of the farmhouse?
2. What does Bublanski think about the death of Gunnar Bjorck?
3. What surprised Blomkvist about Salander's apartment?
4. What injuries does Zalachenko have when he arrives at the hospital in Chapter 1?
5. Why did Gullberg decide to bring Zalachenko into the Section?
6. What does the reader learn about the Section's role in having Salander committed to St. Stefan's in Chapter 5?
7. What does Armansky tell Blomkvist about his willingness to help Salander when Blomkvist approaches him in Chapter 5?
8. What approach does Giannini eventually take toward working with Salander?
9. Why does Blomkvist trust Armanski enough to let him go through with his meeting with Edklinth?
10. Why is Annika Giannini alarmed in Chapter 1 when she wakes up and sees the news report about Salander and Niedermann?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)