|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which officer believes Blomkvist's story about Salander in Chapter 2?
(d) No one.
2. What happens to the report Modig wanted to read from Sapo in Chapter 4?
(a) It has so many things blacked out that you can't read anything.
(b) It is written in German, which Modig can't read.
(c) It is altered digitally.
(d) It was taken before anyone could read it.
3. What does Zalachenko do when he sneaks into Salander's room in Chapter 7?
(a) Leaves a note so she knows he was there.
(b) Tries to attack her.
(c) Whispers threatening things in her ear.
(d) Watches her and then leaves.
4. What is Gullberg's official assignment when he arrives at the hospital in Chapter 7?
(a) Snap pictures with his cell phone.
(b) Check out the layout for future reference.
(c) See if the head duty nurse can be bribed.
(d) Slip a message to Zalachenko.
5. Whom does Jonas Sandberg work for?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Swedish Internal Security.
(c) He is an attorney who works for himself.
(d) The CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annika decide to stay after the incident at the hospital (instead of heading home)?
2. What does Paulsson arrest Blomkvist for in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Blomkvist start doing most of his work once he realizes he's being followed and his phones are tapped?
4. Who first comes to the hospital to question Zalachenko?
5. How can Salander and Annika's relationship best be described in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does Ghidi do for Blomkvist?
2. Why does Gullberg shoot himself in Chapter 7?
3. Why did Gullberg decide to bring Zalachenko into the Section?
4. What does Blomkvist claim is the purpose of "The Knights of the Idiotic Table"?
5. What do Erlander and Blomkvist wonder at when they go back to the farmhouse at the end of Chapter 1?
6. What story does Henry Cortez break open in Chapter 11?
7. What does Larsson ask of the reader in the opening quotation for Part I?
8. What is Gullberg's background with the Security Police?
9. What injuries does Zalachenko have when he arrives at the hospital in Chapter 1?
10. What realizations does Salander have when she is being questioned by the police in Chapter 6?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)