|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the opening quotation in Part 4 address?
(a) That the Swedish military has been losing women military members recently.
(b) That there is only one documented source of female warriors in history.
(c) That women outlive men for reasons not fully understood.
(d) That women actually have the same number of ribs as men.
2. Where does Martensson live?
3. Where are the lewd emails that are sent to the SMP staff in Chapter 14 supposedly originating?
(a) From Salander's old email account.
(b) From the president of the board.
(c) From Blomkvist.
(d) From Berger's email address.
4. How does Berger describe her marriage in Chapter 15?
5. What does Berger's stalker throw through the window of her home?
(a) A brick.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A computer.
(d) A book.
6. Where does Figuerola spot the gray Volvo that was previously trailing Blomkvist?
(a) Near Martensson's apartment.
(b) Outside of her own apartment.
(c) Outside of Berger's apartment.
(d) Randomly on the highway.
7. What surprising item in Salander's apartment does she find when she returns after her trial?
(a) A note from Blomkvist.
(b) A threatening email.
(c) An eviction notice.
(d) A dead mouse.
8. What does Salander do once she has her cell phone in the hospital?
(a) Calls the police for help.
(b) Starts sending emails to all her college friends.
(c) Talks to people around the clock.
(d) Begins her own research.
9. Who takes Salander back to her apartment after the trial is over?
(d) No one; she insists on taking a cab.
10. Who else is present at the meeting Figuerola and Blomkvist attend in Chapter 17?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The Minister of Justice.
11. As the novel concludes, what does Salander realize she needs to do?
(a) Wait for her parole hearing.
(b) Build a new life and learn how to trust again.
(c) Wait for her brain to heal before making any more plans.
(d) Pursue Blomkvist again romantically.
12. Why does Blomkvist wander around for a long time before going to Salander's apartment?
(a) He wants to make sure he's not being followed.
(b) It's impossible to find a parking place near her house.
(c) He wants to make sure Salander isn't following him.
(d) He can never remember how to get there.
13. What does the Section become most concerned with in Chapter 23?
(a) Blomkvist's relationship with Figuerola.
(b) The story about Borgsjo.
(c) Berger's new job.
(d) Salander's autobiography.
14. What is Clinton arrested for in Chapter 26?
(a) A speeding ticket.
(b) Attempted murder and being an accomplice to murder.
(d) False imprisonment of Salander all these years.
15. When does Malm finish the mock-up of Blomkvist's book?
(a) One day before Salander's trial begins.
(b) One day before Salander's trial ends.
(c) Two weeks before Salander's trial begins.
(d) One month before Salander's trial begins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Berger claim is the strongest emotion she feels for Blomkvist?
2. Where does Dr. Jonasson leave Salander's cell phone for her to find it?
3. After an IM conversation, what does Berger allow Salander to do?
4. What name does Blomkvist give the secret division inside of Sapo?
5. Where does Salander decide to go after her trial?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)