|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Erika Berger's first job when the novel opens?
(a) She is a TV news reporter.
(b) She is a famous artist.
(c) She is Editor-in-Chief of Millennium magazine.
(d) She is a housewife.
2. What does Zalachenko demand of Gullberg when he sees him?
(a) That he get him something to eat.
(b) That he return to Salander's room and make sure she's dead.
(c) That he confess who he really is.
(d) That the Section must get him out of this mess.
3. What is Zalachenko's real name?
(a) Alexander Dimitrov.
(b) Karl Bodin Zalachenkov.
(c) Zalachenko Levin.
(d) Karl Axel Bodin.
4. What kind of spy do Modig and Bublanski suspect Zalachenko of being in Chapter 4?
(a) A Polish spy.
(b) A Russian spy.
(c) A Croatian spy.
(d) An American spy.
5. When does Blomkvist decide would be the best time to publish Svensson's work?
(a) Exactly one year after his death.
(b) As soon as humanly possible.
(c) Right when Salander's trial begins.
(d) Only after Salander's trial concludes.
6. What is Gullberg's official assignment when he arrives at the hospital in Chapter 7?
(a) See if the head duty nurse can be bribed.
(b) Snap pictures with his cell phone.
(c) Check out the layout for future reference.
(d) Slip a message to Zalachenko.
7. Who finally convinces Annika to represent Salander?
(b) Salander herself.
(c) No one; Annika decides all on her own.
8. What do the officers mostly want to discuss with Zalachenko when they first come to question him?
(a) Where he got all his money from.
(b) What his role in the government was.
(c) Who he really is -- they aren't sure.
9. What does Salander tell Annika about her role in Bjurman's death?
(a) That she did it.
(b) She knows who did it but cannot say.
(c) She refuses to even say one word.
(d) Only that she was not responsible for killing him.
10. What is Berger and Blomkvist's relationship status?
(a) They are just friends.
(b) They used to date but don't anymore.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are long-term lovers.
11. How long does it take Dr. Jonasson to operate on Salander?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Just a few minutes.
(d) Three hours.
12. What does Gullberg bring with him as a cover when he goes to the hospital in Chapter 7?
(a) A hat.
(b) A mask.
(d) A long coat.
13. Who becomes Editor-in-Chief at Millennium when Berger leaves?
(c) No one; they start looking for someone to hire.
14. Who found Lisbeth Salander on the floor of the farmhouse?
(c) The police.
15. What is the name of the hospital where Dr. Jonasson works?
(a) He works in an office, not a hospital.
(b) Washington General.
(c) Sweden National Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Salander tattoo on Bjurman?
2. What is the topic of the opening quotation in Part I of "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"?
3. What does Zalachenko tell Sandberg he wants?
4. Why is Blomkvist unable to get any information about Salander's condition in Chapter 5?
5. What happens to the report Modig wanted to read from Sapo in Chapter 4?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)