|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zalachenko demand of Gullberg when he sees him?
(a) That the Section must get him out of this mess.
(b) That he get him something to eat.
(c) That he return to Salander's room and make sure she's dead.
(d) That he confess who he really is.
2. Who finally convinces Annika to represent Salander?
(c) No one; Annika decides all on her own.
(d) Salander herself.
3. What does Erlander tell Annika about Salander in Chapter 5 that might affect her legal case?
(a) That she refuses to talk to Annika.
(b) That Salander has been declared incompetent.
(c) That she has confessed to every charge against her.
(d) That she is not going to come out of her coma.
4. What is Dragan Armansky's job?
(a) He is a movie producer.
(b) No one is really sure, they just know he is really rich.
(c) He works with the government to recruit and hire spies.
(d) He is President and CEO of Milton Security.
5. What does Annika claim she needs from Salander in order to help Salander in Chapter 9?
(a) What her relationship with Blomkvist was like.
(b) The entire story about what is going on.
(c) Why she keeps trying to kill Zalachenko.
(d) Where she lived during the ages of 12-14.
6. What is Zalachenko's real name?
(a) Karl Axel Bodin.
(b) Karl Bodin Zalachenkov.
(c) Alexander Dimitrov.
(d) Zalachenko Levin.
7. What does Zalachenko do when he sneaks into Salander's room in Chapter 7?
(a) Whispers threatening things in her ear.
(b) Watches her and then leaves.
(c) Tries to attack her.
(d) Leaves a note so she knows he was there.
8. Why does Blomkvist buy untraceable phones in Chapter 8?
(a) Too many fans are trying to call his regular line.
(b) He can't afford real ones.
(c) He knows his phones are tapped.
(d) Too many reporters have his number.
9. How does Gullberg sneak into Zalachenko's room?
(a) He demands that Salander tell him which room is Zalachenko's.
(b) He goes in when the nurse isn't paying attention.
(c) He dresses like a doctor.
(d) He takes a nurse hostage.
10. What does Blomkvist convince Jonasson to do?
(a) Let Blomkvist talk to Salander.
(b) Let Salander have her cell phone.
(c) Let Blomkvist give Salander some books to read.
(d) Work in partnership with Teleborian.
11. What is the best way to describe Holm's attitude toward Berger as she takes the helm of SMP?
(a) Rude and subordinate.
(b) Kind but annoying.
(c) Helpful and patient.
(d) Nice but unintelligent.
12. How much does Blomkvist pay Ghidi for his help each week?
(a) $1,000 kronor.
(c) $100 kronor.
(d) $10,000 kronor.
13. Who does Modig plan to visit at the end of Chapter 4?
14. Who is Superintendent Torsten Edklinth?
(a) Armansky's brother-in-law.
(b) A former senator who is very well connected within the national security community.
(c) Director of Constitutional Protection at the Security Police (Sapo).
(d) Armansky's old boss.
15. What is Salander's relationship to Niedermann?
(a) They have no relationship whatsoever.
(b) They used to be married.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They used to date.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which officer believes Blomkvist's story about Salander in Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of the trilogy that "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" is a part of?
3. What kind of spy do Modig and Bublanski suspect Zalachenko of being in Chapter 4?
4. What does Paulsson arrest Blomkvist for in Chapter 1?
5. Who threatens to go to the police in Chapter 11 if Salander is made a scapegoat again?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)