|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Jonasson doing when he learns that 2 patients are arriving via helicopter in Chapter 1?
(a) Operating on someone else.
(b) Trying to grab a bite to eat.
2. How does Zalachenko view Jonas Sandberg when he first meets him?
(a) He is impressed with his background and training.
(b) He is grateful his old friend has come to visit.
(c) He remembers him but he's not sure from where.
(d) He doubts his credentials.
3. Why is Blomkvist not allowed to visit Salander in the hospital?
(a) Because she has a restraining order against him.
(b) Because she is under arrest.
(c) Because she demanded he not be let in.
(d) Because she can't remember who he is and therefore doesn't want to see him.
4. Who is the incredibly vulgar communication Berger receives in Chapter 12 supposedly from?
(a) Someone who used her own computer.
(b) Someone at SMP's major competitor.
(c) Someone at SMP.
(d) Someone at Millennium.
5. Who claims to still have a copy of Bjork's report that has been stolen or gone missing for everyone else?
6. What is the best way to describe Holm's attitude toward Berger as she takes the helm of SMP?
(a) Kind but annoying.
(b) Rude and subordinate.
(c) Helpful and patient.
(d) Nice but unintelligent.
7. Where does the outgoing chief of SMP die?
(a) In his office.
(b) At home, in his bed.
(c) On national television.
(d) In front of the entire staff at a meeting.
8. How much does Blomkvist pay Ghidi for his help each week?
(a) $1,000 kronor.
(c) $10,000 kronor.
(d) $100 kronor.
9. How does Salander insist on paying for Annika's legal fees?
(a) She thinks Zalachenko should pay for them.
(b) From her own money.
(c) She wants the state to pay the fees.
(d) She thinks Blomkvist should pay for them.
10. How can Salander and Annika's relationship best be described in Chapter 9?
(b) Mutually beneficial.
11. What does Zalachenko do when he sneaks into Salander's room in Chapter 7?
(a) Leaves a note so she knows he was there.
(b) Watches her and then leaves.
(c) Tries to attack her.
(d) Whispers threatening things in her ear.
12. What does Zalachenko tell Sandberg he wants?
(a) For Salander to disappear.
(b) To get out of the hospital.
(c) To just go back to living a normal life.
(d) To die.
13. What car does Blomkvist notice is following him in Chapter 8?
(a) A blue Volvo.
(b) A gray Volvo.
(c) A red Mercedes.
(d) A black Mercedes.
14. What does Dr. Jonasson notice about Salander in Chapter 9?
(a) That she might be pregnant.
(b) That she is suffering psychologically as well.
(c) That she is not as smart as everyone thinks.
(d) That she is still in love with Blomkvist.
15. Even though Berger is leaving Millennium, how will she continue to stay involved?
(a) She will keep her position on the Board of Directors.
(b) Both of these answers are correct.
(c) She will retain stock in the magazine.
(d) Neither of these answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Berger eventually go to work for?
2. What does Ekstrom believe about Nystrom's claims about Zalachenko's file in Chapter 11?
3. How does Blomkvist view Paulsson?
4. Who does Modig plan to visit at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Why does Berger arrive early for her first day at SMP?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)