|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Blomkvist view Paulsson?
(a) As someone who has it in for Salander.
(b) As someone who can help the investigation.
(c) As a spy.
(d) As an idiot.
2. Why does Dr. Jonasson contact Frank Ellis in Chapter 1?
(a) For medical advice.
(b) For emotional advice.
(c) To see if Salander is really as famous as he thinks she is.
(d) For personal advice.
3. What does Gullberg bring with him as a cover when he goes to the hospital in Chapter 7?
(a) A long coat.
(b) A mask.
(c) A hat.
4. Who does Berger consider the owner of Zalachenko's story?
(a) The public.
(b) Her new newspaper.
(d) No one; it's information for whomever can get it.
5. What is Zalachenko's real name?
(a) Karl Axel Bodin.
(b) Karl Bodin Zalachenkov.
(c) Zalachenko Levin.
(d) Alexander Dimitrov.
6. When does Blomkvist decide would be the best time to publish Svensson's work?
(a) Only after Salander's trial concludes.
(b) Right when Salander's trial begins.
(c) As soon as humanly possible.
(d) Exactly one year after his death.
7. What number in the trilogy is "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"?
(d) This is a trick question; it's not part of a trilogy.
8. What does Gullberg actually do when he arrives at the hospital in Chapter 7?
(a) He murders Salander.
(b) He murders Annika.
(c) He murders Zalachenko.
(d) He murders the wrong person.
9. Who finally convinces Annika to represent Salander?
(a) Salander herself.
(c) No one; Annika decides all on her own.
10. Why is Blomkvist not allowed to visit Salander in the hospital?
(a) Because she has a restraining order against him.
(b) Because she can't remember who he is and therefore doesn't want to see him.
(c) Because she is under arrest.
(d) Because she demanded he not be let in.
11. How does Gullberg sneak into Zalachenko's room?
(a) He demands that Salander tell him which room is Zalachenko's.
(b) He dresses like a doctor.
(c) He goes in when the nurse isn't paying attention.
(d) He takes a nurse hostage.
12. Who found Lisbeth Salander on the floor of the farmhouse?
(c) The police.
13. Who is Superintendent Torsten Edklinth?
(a) Armansky's brother-in-law.
(b) Armansky's old boss.
(c) Director of Constitutional Protection at the Security Police (Sapo).
(d) A former senator who is very well connected within the national security community.
14. How can Salander and Annika's relationship best be described in Chapter 9?
(c) Mutually beneficial.
15. Where does Blomkvist start doing most of his work once he realizes he's being followed and his phones are tapped?
(a) Millennium's offices.
(b) Salander's apartment.
(c) His car.
(d) The public library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Erika Berger's first job when the novel opens?
2. Whom does Jonas Sandberg work for?
3. Who is Daniel Olsson?
4. Who arrives at the same time as Gullber at the hospital in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Blomkvist eventually learn is the owner of the car that appears to be following him in Chapter 8?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)