|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dangerfield is drinking ___________ from a bottle stashed in the pouch of the kangaroo costume.
2. What does Miss Frost loan to Dangerfield?
(a) A car.
(b) A book.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Some money.
3. What news does O'Keefe share with Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
(a) He has a new job in Italy.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has finally had sex.
(d) He is going back to America.
4. What does O'Keefe demand from Dangerfield?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) Straight answers.
(c) The money he loaned him.
(d) More respect.
5. What does Lilly tell Dangerfield about how they should communicate?
(a) They should make brief phone calls.
(b) They should not write each other.
(c) They should send telegrams only.
(d) They should write every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield wear when he, MacDoon and Parnell go out drinking?
2. What does Dangerfield do at the party to create havoc?
3. Where is Dangerfield staying in London?
4. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
5. Who does Dangerfield visit before leaving Dublin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
2. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
3. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
4. Why has Mary's true personality emerged since meeting Dangerfield?
5. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
6. Who is the last person in his Dublin experience that Dangerfield visits before leaving for London?
7. Why does Dangerfield relent and go to the party Clocklan invited him to attend?
8. In what way is Mary different from Dangerfield?
9. Describe the dire straits in which Tony Malarkey is living.
10. In what way is O'Keefe similar to Dangerfield?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)