|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other piece of news does O'Keefe tell Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
(a) Felicity is very ill.
(b) Clocklan has killed himself.
(c) Marion is dating again.
(d) Dangerfield's father has died.
2. Why does Miss Frost refuse to have sex with Dangerfield?
(a) She doesn't have any birth control.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) It is a sin.
(d) She finds it unpleasant.
3. Lady Eclair had told O'Keefe that every person must ____________________.
(a) floss his teeth.
(b) care for his own soul.
(c) learn to cook.
(d) study French.
4. From whom does Dangerfield receive a surprise letter?
(d) His father.
5. How long has Tony's landlord been trying to evict him?
(a) Two years.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) Six month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dangerfield is drinking ___________ from a bottle stashed in the pouch of the kangaroo costume.
2. O'Keefe tells Dangerfield that Tony Malarkey spends all his days __________________-.
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic in the item received in the mail?
4. What does Dangerfield call his favorite chair?
5. Dangerfield goes to a party at Tony Malarkey's place located in __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
2. How does the relationship between Dangerfield and Lilly end?
3. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
4. In what way is O'Keefe similar to Dangerfield?
5. Why does Miss Frost regret going to bed with Dangerfield?
6. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
7. Contrast the worlds of Mary and Dangerfield.
8. Describe the dire straits in which Tony Malarkey is living.
9. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
10. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)