|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield rent a room?
(a) In a rowhouse.
(b) In a hostel.
(c) In a boardinghouse.
(d) In a Victorian house.
2. Who does Dangerfield visit before leaving Dublin?
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic in the item received in the mail?
(a) A broken lease.
(b) The amount of inheritance.
(c) Unacceptable condition of the rental home.
(d) A notice of debts.
4. What other piece of news does O'Keefe tell Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
(a) Dangerfield's father has died.
(b) Clocklan has killed himself.
(c) Felicity is very ill.
(d) Marion is dating again.
5. What is the friend in #88 pawning at the shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of costume has MacDoon made?
2. What does Lilly tell Dangerfield about how they should communicate?
3. How old must Dangerfield be before he receives his inheritance?
4. Which of the following is NOT part of the meal that Miss Frost prepares?
5. With whom is O'Keefe trying to get a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news is assumed to be true about Clocklan?
2. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
3. How does the relationship between Dangerfield and Lilly end?
4. What objective has O'Keefe still not attained in his life?
5. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
6. Contrast the worlds of Mary and Dangerfield.
7. At whose expense does Dangerfield live a better life in London?
8. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
9. In what way is Mary different from Dangerfield?
10. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)