|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield offer to take Lilly with him?
(b) Law school.
(c) The pub.
2. Why does Dangerfield sneak into the landlady's bedroom?
(a) To watch her undress.
(b) Perfume for his underarms.
(c) Keys to other rooms.
(d) To find some money.
3. What does Mary comment on when she sees Dangerfield naked for his bath?
(a) How broad his shoulders are.
(b) How thin he is.
(c) How he has gained some weight.
(d) How hairy he is.
4. Why does Miss Frost refuse to have sex with Dangerfield?
(a) She finds it unpleasant.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She doesn't have any birth control.
(d) It is a sin.
5. What does Dangerfield wear when he, MacDoon and Parnell go out drinking?
(a) Kangaroo costume.
(d) Shorts and T-shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had some policemen found washed up on the shore?
2. With whom is O'Keefe trying to get a job?
3. When is Marion coming back?
4. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
5. How old must Dangerfield be before he receives his inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
2. What is the role of women in Ireland as evidenced by the lives of Lilly and Mary?
3. Contrast the worlds of Mary and Dangerfield.
4. How does Dangerfield's change in his personal hygiene reflect his move into a wealthier lifestyle?
5. What is Dangerfield's new plan to move to London and does he ask Miss Frost to go with him?
6. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
7. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
8. What is the content of the letter Dangerfield receives from Skully?
9. Why is Dangerfield so devastated by the terms of his father's will?
10. Why does Dangerfield relent and go to the party Clocklan invited him to attend?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)