|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is O'Keefe trying to get a job?
(a) The Exchange Student program.
(b) Lady Eclair.
(c) Miss Manners' School.
(d) Vanity Fair.
2. O'Keefe wonders what Dangerfield will do with __________________.
(a) his marriage.
(b) all his debt.
(c) his clothes.
(d) all his women.
3. Dangerfield learns that Marion has gone to _________________.
4. What does Dangerfield do at the party to create havoc?
(a) Sprays champagne on everyone.
(b) Shoots a fire extinguisher into the crowd.
(c) Turns off the lights.
(d) Does a strip tease on a table top.
5. MacDoon gives Dangerfield a statue of __________________.
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Oliver Plunkett's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
2. What had some policemen found washed up on the shore?
3. How long has Tony's landlord been trying to evict him?
4. Why is Mary stuck at home for awhile yet?
5. Which word best describes Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
2. Why does Dangerfield believe that his father's death is the end to all of Dangerfield's problems?
3. What objective has O'Keefe still not attained in his life?
4. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
5. How do Dangerfield and Lilly differ in their views about consequences?
6. What is the role of women in Ireland as evidenced by the lives of Lilly and Mary?
7. How does the relationship between Dangerfield and Lilly end?
8. Why is Dangerfield so devastated by the terms of his father's will?
9. Why does Miss Frost regret going to bed with Dangerfield?
10. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)