|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Frost feel she is going to be damned to hell?
(a) For having sex with Dangerfield.
(b) For not going to mass on Sunday.
(c) For not giving up her seat on the bus.
(d) For swearing at Dangerfield.
2. When is Marion coming back?
(b) In a couple weeks.
(c) In a month.
(d) Next week.
3. What are the rumors O'Keefe has heard about Dangerfield?
(a) His affairs.
(b) His alcoholism.
(c) His illness.
(d) His scholarships.
4. What does Mary comment on when she sees Dangerfield naked for his bath?
(a) How thin he is.
(b) How broad his shoulders are.
(c) How hairy he is.
(d) How he has gained some weight.
5. Where does Dangerfield tell Miss Frost that he is going?
Short Answer Questions
1. MacDoon gives Dangerfield a statue of __________________.
2. What kind of costume has MacDoon made?
3. What does Dangerfield do at the party to create havoc?
4. In Dangerfield's dream he buys millions of ______________.
5. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
2. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
3. What news is assumed to be true about Clocklan?
4. Why does Dangerfield relent and go to the party Clocklan invited him to attend?
5. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
6. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
7. Why has Mary's true personality emerged since meeting Dangerfield?
8. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
9. Why does Miss Frost regret going to bed with Dangerfield?
10. In what way is Mary different from Dangerfield?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)