|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Dangerfield receive a surprise letter?
(a) His father.
2. Where is Dangerfield staying in London?
(a) An inn.
(b) A hostel.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A hotel.
3. Why does Miss Frost refuse to have sex with Dangerfield?
(a) It is a sin.
(b) She finds it unpleasant.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She doesn't have any birth control.
4. Which friend does Dangerfield run into at the pawn shop?
(a) Richie Flynn.
(b) Paul Shannon.
(c) Roger Dalton.
(d) Percy Clocklan.
5. What does O'Keefe ask Dangerfield to bring him when they meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield borrow from Parnell?
2. What does a chambermaid's suggestion prompt Dangerfield to do?
3. MacDoon gives Dangerfield a statue of __________________.
4. Where does Dangerfield offer to take Lilly with him?
5. What item of Lilly's does Dangerfield consider stealing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
2. Why is Dangerfield so devastated by the terms of his father's will?
3. Why does Dangerfield believe that his father's death is the end to all of Dangerfield's problems?
4. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
5. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
6. Describe the dire straits in which Tony Malarkey is living.
7. Why has Mary's true personality emerged since meeting Dangerfield?
8. What is the content of the letter Dangerfield receives from Skully?
9. How does the relationship between Dangerfield and Lilly end?
10. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)