|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dangerfield is drinking ___________ from a bottle stashed in the pouch of the kangaroo costume.
2. Where is Dangerfield staying in London?
(a) An inn.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A friend's house.
3. What type of business does O'Keefe want to start?
(a) Sporting goods store.
(d) Cigar shop.
4. What item of clothing does Dangerfield borrow from Miss Frost?
5. Where does Dangerfield tell Miss Frost that he is going?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield borrow from Parnell?
2. What is one of the first things Mary does when she gets to London?
3. What name does Dangerfield tell Mary to use when she corresponds with him?
4. What does Dangerfield notice about the house?
5. What is the inscription on a fountain that Dangerfield sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dangerfield so devastated by the terms of his father's will?
2. What is the role of women in Ireland as evidenced by the lives of Lilly and Mary?
3. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
4. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
5. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
6. What objective has O'Keefe still not attained in his life?
7. In what way is O'Keefe similar to Dangerfield?
8. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
9. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
10. What is Dangerfield's new plan to move to London and does he ask Miss Frost to go with him?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)