|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield?
(b) Cheese and grapes.
(d) Rice and beans.
2. What religion does Miss Frost believe in?
3. Where does Dangerfield rent a room?
(a) In a rowhouse.
(b) In a boardinghouse.
(c) In a Victorian house.
(d) In a hostel.
4. What type of sex does Miss Frost finally agree to have with Dangerfield?
5. What is the predominant religion of Ireland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business does O'Keefe want to start?
2. Where does Dangerfield go as he waits for his boat to London?
3. Dangerfield goes to a party at Tony Malarkey's place located in __________________.
4. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
5. Where does Dangerfield offer to take Lilly with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
2. Why does Dangerfield believe that his father's death is the end to all of Dangerfield's problems?
3. Why has Mary's true personality emerged since meeting Dangerfield?
4. At whose expense does Dangerfield live a better life in London?
5. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
6. Why does Dangerfield relent and go to the party Clocklan invited him to attend?
7. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
8. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
9. In what way is Mary different from Dangerfield?
10. What objective has O'Keefe still not attained in his life?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)