|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old must Dangerfield be before he receives his inheritance?
2. What does Dangerfield do at the party to create havoc?
(a) Does a strip tease on a table top.
(b) Shoots a fire extinguisher into the crowd.
(c) Sprays champagne on everyone.
(d) Turns off the lights.
3. With whom is O'Keefe trying to get a job?
(a) Vanity Fair.
(b) The Exchange Student program.
(c) Miss Manners' School.
(d) Lady Eclair.
4. Dangerfield tells Miss Frost that he is going to call her ___________________.
(b) Love muffin.
5. What had some policemen found washed up on the shore?
(a) A life preserver.
(b) A barrel of oil.
(c) A nude woman's body.
(d) A suicide note in a whiskey bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. MacDoon gives Dangerfield a statue of __________________.
2. How long has Tony's landlord been trying to evict him?
3. What news does O'Keefe share with Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
4. What are the rumors O'Keefe has heard about Dangerfield?
5. What is one of the first things Mary does when she gets to London?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is O'Keefe similar to Dangerfield?
2. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
3. Why is Dangerfield so devastated by the terms of his father's will?
4. Why has Mary's true personality emerged since meeting Dangerfield?
5. How does Dangerfield's move from Dublin to London show the difference between poverty and wealth?
6. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
7. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
8. What is Dangerfield's new plan to move to London and does he ask Miss Frost to go with him?
9. What is the content of the letter Dangerfield receives from Skully?
10. Describe the dire straits in which Tony Malarkey is living.
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)