|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend does Dangerfield run into at the pawn shop?
(a) Percy Clocklan.
(b) Roger Dalton.
(c) Paul Shannon.
(d) Richie Flynn.
2. Why does Dangerfield sneak into the landlady's bedroom?
(a) Perfume for his underarms.
(b) To find some money.
(c) To watch her undress.
(d) Keys to other rooms.
3. How old must Dangerfield be before he receives his inheritance?
4. For what reason does Dangerfield ask Marion for money?
(a) To buy books.
(b) To buy her a birthday gift.
(c) To pay the electric bill.
(d) To buy some beer.
5. What news does the friend in #147 give Dangerfield?
(a) Dangerfield's mother has died.
(b) Dangerfield's father is ill.
(c) Dangerfield's grandmother is ill.
(d) Dangerfield's wife is in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Mary?
2. What food does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield?
3. When is Marion coming back?
4. What does Dangerfield wear when he, MacDoon and Parnell go out drinking?
5. What is the message in a letter Dangerfield picks up at MacDoon's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dire straits in which Tony Malarkey is living.
2. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
3. How does Dangerfield's change in his personal hygiene reflect his move into a wealthier lifestyle?
4. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
5. What is the role of women in Ireland as evidenced by the lives of Lilly and Mary?
6. What is Dangerfield's new plan to move to London and does he ask Miss Frost to go with him?
7. What news is assumed to be true about Clocklan?
8. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
9. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
10. How do Dangerfield and Lilly differ in their views about consequences?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)