|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of sex does Miss Frost finally agree to have with Dangerfield?
2. What does Dangerfield borrow from Parnell?
(d) A clean shirt.
3. What food does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield?
(b) Cheese and grapes.
(c) Rice and beans.
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic in the item received in the mail?
(a) A broken lease.
(b) The amount of inheritance.
(c) Unacceptable condition of the rental home.
(d) A notice of debts.
5. What are the rumors O'Keefe has heard about Dangerfield?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His affairs.
(c) His illness.
(d) His scholarships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a chambermaid's suggestion prompt Dangerfield to do?
2. Why is Mary stuck at home for awhile yet?
3. What is the predominant religion of Ireland?
4. What does O'Keefe demand from Dangerfield?
5. What does Mary comment on when she sees Dangerfield naked for his bath?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dangerfield and Lilly differ in their views about consequences?
2. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
3. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
4. In what way is O'Keefe similar to Dangerfield?
5. Why has Mary's true personality emerged since meeting Dangerfield?
6. How does Dangerfield's change in his personal hygiene reflect his move into a wealthier lifestyle?
7. What is the role of women in Ireland as evidenced by the lives of Lilly and Mary?
8. Why does Dangerfield believe that his father's death is the end to all of Dangerfield's problems?
9. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
10. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)