|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dangerfield do at the party to create havoc?
(a) Does a strip tease on a table top.
(b) Shoots a fire extinguisher into the crowd.
(c) Turns off the lights.
(d) Sprays champagne on everyone.
2. In Dangerfield's dream he buys millions of ______________.
3. What does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield before bedtime?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(b) Buttered rum.
4. What does Lilly tell Dangerfield about how they should communicate?
(a) They should make brief phone calls.
(b) They should not write each other.
(c) They should write every day.
(d) They should send telegrams only.
5. Dangerfield goes to a party at Tony Malarkey's place located in __________________.
(a) the meat packing district.
(c) the Catacombs.
(d) downtown Dublin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dangerfield staying in London?
2. Why is Mary stuck at home for awhile yet?
3. What food does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield?
4. What does Dangerfield call his favorite chair?
5. From whom does Dangerfield receive a surprise letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
2. What is the role of women in Ireland as evidenced by the lives of Lilly and Mary?
3. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
4. What objective has O'Keefe still not attained in his life?
5. How does Dangerfield's change in his personal hygiene reflect his move into a wealthier lifestyle?
6. How does the relationship between Dangerfield and Lilly end?
7. What is the content of the letter Dangerfield receives from Skully?
8. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
9. Why does Dangerfield relent and go to the party Clocklan invited him to attend?
10. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)