|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message in a letter Dangerfield picks up at MacDoon's?
(a) O'Keefe has been killed in a boating accident.
(b) Felicity has pneumonia.
(c) Marion wants a divorce.
(d) Dangerfield's father has died.
2. Why does Dangerfield call his landlady during dinner?
(a) To tell her that he left a hot plate on.
(b) To ask her to close his window since it looks like rain.
(c) To ask if his fiancee can stay in his room.
(d) To tell her he will be out of town for two weeks.
3. What food does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield?
(b) Cheese and grapes.
(d) Rice and beans.
4. In Dangerfield's dream he buys millions of ______________.
5. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) Reconciliation with Marion.
(c) A law degree.
(d) A new marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Eclair had told O'Keefe that every person must ____________________.
2. Why does Miss Frost feel she is going to be damned to hell?
3. Why does Dangerfield sneak into the landlady's bedroom?
4. What kind of costume has MacDoon made?
5. What does O'Keefe demand from Dangerfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news is assumed to be true about Clocklan?
2. Why does Miss Frost regret going to bed with Dangerfield?
3. What is the content of the letter Dangerfield receives from Skully?
4. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
5. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
6. In what way is Mary different from Dangerfield?
7. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
8. Describe the dire straits in which Tony Malarkey is living.
9. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
10. What is the role of women in Ireland as evidenced by the lives of Lilly and Mary?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)