|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letter does Dangerfield tap in Morse Code on Chris' door?
(b) Go to a sex addiction clinic.
2. Who is the girl who asks Dangerfield for a light for her cigarette?
3. What item does Dangerfield need to complete his meal?
4. Where does Dangerfield go before boarding the train?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The restroom.
(c) The ticket office.
(d) The gift shop.
5. Where do Dangerfield and O'Keefe get their money?
(a) G.I. Bill checks.
(b) Wealthy parents.
(c) Part time jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the woman in #79?
2. What plan does Dangerfield make when he grows bored at home?
3. What cannot be purchased in Catholic Dublin?
4. Where had Dangerfield spent the previous night?
5. Why is Marion furious when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
2. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
3. How does Dangerfield try to appease Marion when she realizes Dangerfield might be having an affair?
4. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
5. Why does Dangerfield not mind when Chris tries to talk about their relationship?
6. What does Chris learn about Dangerfield and Marion's sex life and what does Dangerfield reveal about wanting to have sex with Chris?
7. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
8. Who is Lily Frost?
9. Why are O'Keefe's challenges in having sex partly of his own making?
10. How are Marion and O'Keefe alike in their relationships with Dangerfield?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)