|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dangerfield ask Chris to do?
(a) Tutor him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Loan him money.
2. Why did Dangerfield once touch the decapitated head of Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
(c) It is good luck.
3. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
(a) Nearly bankrupt.
(b) Just getting by.
4. What nationality is Sebastian Dangerfield?
5. O'Keefe asks Dangerfield about the money Dangerfield owes him because O'Keefe is saving up for _______________.
(a) a new wardrobe.
(b) a house.
(c) a car.
(d) a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Egbert Skully?
2. What does Dangerfield almost forget when he leaves the train?
3. What does Marion want Dangerfield to have fixed?
4. What item does Dangerfield need to complete his meal?
5. What news does Dangerfield get from O'Keefe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dangerfield's behavioral traits undermine him in terms of money vs. pleasure?
2. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
3. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
4. What is the result of Dangerfield's embarrassment about the train incident?
5. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
6. How do Marion and Dangerfield differ in their approach to their life together?
7. Who was Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
8. What does O'Keefe realize about Dangerfield when he loans Dangerfield money?
9. What is Dangerfield's destructive behavior when he learns that Marion has received money from his father?
10. How are Marion and O'Keefe alike in their relationships with Dangerfield?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)