|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris bring with her when she returns home from work?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) Cold beer.
(c) Budget reports.
(d) A sheep's head.
2. What plan does Dangerfield make when he grows bored at home?
(a) To learn a new language.
(b) To take the family on holiday.
(c) To take painting lessons.
(d) To see Chris again.
3. What nationality is Sebastian Dangerfield?
4. What beverage does O'Keefe buy for Dangerfield?
5. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
(a) She already gave it to his wife.
(b) The check is not there.
(c) The office is closed.
(d) She needs his wife's permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield go before boarding the train?
2. How does Dangerfield describe the person in #81 to Lily?
3. Where does Dangerfield go after his fight with Marion?
4. What does Marion feel about their life in the new house?
5. What problem can O'Keefe not seem to overcome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chris discern about her relationship with Dangerfield?
2. Who is Lily Frost?
3. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
4. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
5. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
6. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
7. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
8. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
9. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
10. What does the re-emergence of Clocklan signify for Dangerfield's life?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)