|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
(a) Just getting by.
(c) Nearly bankrupt.
2. Why does Marion slap Dangerfield?
(a) He says she is fat.
(b) He tells her she is not a good mother.
(c) He insults her father.
(d) He has lipstick on his cheek.
3. Where is Dangerfield's house located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) On the edge of a cliff.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) Downtown Dublin.
4. What does O'Keefe find in Dangerfield's attic?
(a) A treasure chest.
(b) A robber.
(c) A player piano.
(d) A one-eyed cat.
5. Where does Dangerfield take Felicity?
(a) The grocery.
(b) The circus.
(c) The park.
(d) The toy store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dangerfield and Chris do after making love?
2. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
3. Dangerfield thinks that everything will be OK with him and Marion ______________________.
4. Who is the girl who asks Dangerfield for a light for her cigarette?
5. Where do Dangerfield and O'Keefe get their money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is at the core of Dangerfield's nasty behavior?
2. What news is assumed to be true about Clocklan?
3. Why does Miss Frost regret going to bed with Dangerfield?
4. How does Dangerfield view his wife and child and his life in general?
5. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
6. What is the content of the letter Dangerfield receives from Skully?
7. What are the two most important things in the lives of Dangerfield and O'Keefe?
8. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
9. Who was Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
10. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)