|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Dangerfield need to complete his meal?
2. Who is the girl who asks Dangerfield for a light for her cigarette?
3. What does Dangerfield discover when he returns home?
(a) The house has been ransacked.
(b) Marion has redecorated.
(c) Marion has some friends over for tea.
(d) The house is empty.
4. Why did Dangerfield once touch the decapitated head of Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
(b) It is good luck.
5. Why is O'Keefe going to France?
(a) To teach English.
(b) To attend school.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) For a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot be purchased in Catholic Dublin?
2. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
3. Why do the other passengers on the train react to Dangerfield's appearance?
4. Where had Dangerfield spent the previous night?
5. What does Chris prepare for Dangerfield when he says he has been attacked in the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dangerfield view his wife and child and his life in general?
2. Why does Dangerfield not mind when Chris tries to talk about their relationship?
3. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
4. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
5. What does Chris learn about Dangerfield and Marion's sex life and what does Dangerfield reveal about wanting to have sex with Chris?
6. What are the two most important things in the lives of Dangerfield and O'Keefe?
7. Why is Dangerfield so angry to learn that Marion has contacted his father?
8. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
9. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
10. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)