|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris prepare for Dangerfield when he says he has been attacked in the bar?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(c) Buttered rum.
(d) Mulled wine.
2. What puts Dangerfield in a good mood?
(a) Being with a prostitute.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Getting his G.I.Bill check.
(d) A letter from his father.
3. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT charge at a store?
4. What is the content of the note that Marion has left for Dangerfield?
(a) She got a new job.
(b) Her father has died.
(c) She does not love him anymore.
(d) She has moved.
5. What does Dangerfield do in his drunken condition?
(a) Wakes Marion when he gets home.
(b) Wrecks a pub.
(c) Sleeps in the alley.
(d) Wrecks his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
2. What is the source of Dangerfield's anger?
3. What do Dangerfield and Chris do after making love?
4. Why did Dangerfield once touch the decapitated head of Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
5. What does Dangerfield steal while trying to get away from the people in the pub?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are O'Keefe's challenges in having sex partly of his own making?
2. How are Marion and O'Keefe alike in their relationships with Dangerfield?
3. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
4. Why does Dangerfield leave Chris when she confronts him about the bar brawl she reads about in the newspaper?
5. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
6. Who is Lily Frost?
7. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
8. What does Chris discern about her relationship with Dangerfield?
9. Has Dangerfield's life improved from moving from the rickety house to the house in the city?
10. How does the impoverished Dangerfield secure food for O'Keefe and himself?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)