|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
(a) Nearly bankrupt.
(b) Just getting by.
2. Who is Egbert Skully?
(a) Dangerfield's father-in-law.
(b) O'Keefe's Economics professor.
(c) The Dangerfields' landlord.
(d) The local pub owner.
3. Where is Kenneth O'Keefe attending university?
4. Who is the woman who rents out the sitting room in the new house?
(a) Lily Frost.
(b) Maddy Malone.
(c) Aggie Evans.
(d) Mary Shannon.
5. What enrages Marion about the house?
(a) The pipes break and pour waste on her.
(b) The hot water heater doesn't work.
(c) None of the doors will close properly.
(d) Some of the windows are broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Dangerfield need to complete his meal?
2. What nationality is the woman in #41?
3. What cannot be purchased in Catholic Dublin?
4. Chris makes a meal of bacon and _________________.
5. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two most important things in the lives of Dangerfield and O'Keefe?
2. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
3. What does Chris discern about her relationship with Dangerfield?
4. Why does Dangerfield not mind when Chris tries to talk about their relationship?
5. What is the result of Dangerfield's embarrassment about the train incident?
6. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
7. How does the impoverished Dangerfield secure food for O'Keefe and himself?
8. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
9. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
10. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)