|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield go before boarding the train?
(a) The ticket office.
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The gift shop.
(d) The restroom.
2. What item does O'Keefe give Dangerfield?
(a) A jug.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A carton of cigarettes.
(d) A photo album.
3. Why did Dangerfield once touch the decapitated head of Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
(b) It is good luck.
4. What letter does Dangerfield tap in Morse Code on Chris' door?
(b) Go to a sex addiction clinic.
5. How does Dangerfield describe the person in #81 to Lily?
(a) He is an ex-boyfriend of Marion's.
(b) He is a delusional mental patient.
(c) He is Felicity's godfather.
(d) He is a bill collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield go after his fight with Marion?
2. What beverage does O'Keefe buy for Dangerfield?
3. What puts Dangerfield in a good mood?
4. What is Sebastian studying?
5. What does Marion receive in the mail that emboldens her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dangerfield so devastated by the terms of his father's will?
2. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
3. Who is the last person in his Dublin experience that Dangerfield visits before leaving for London?
4. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
5. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
6. What is Dangerfield's new plan to move to London and does he ask Miss Frost to go with him?
7. What is Dangerfield's destructive behavior when he learns that Marion has received money from his father?
8. What does Chris learn about Dangerfield and Marion's sex life and what does Dangerfield reveal about wanting to have sex with Chris?
9. How does Dangerfield's change in his personal hygiene reflect his move into a wealthier lifestyle?
10. Why does Dangerfield not mind when Chris tries to talk about their relationship?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)