|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marion feel about their life in the new house?
(a) They can have a fresh start now.
(b) They are back where they started.
(c) They are worse off than before.
(d) She is not comfortable there.
2. Marion tells Dangerfield that he ______________ in his sleep.
3. Where do Dangerfield and O'Keefe get their money?
(b) Wealthy parents.
(c) Part time jobs.
(d) G.I. Bill checks.
4. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
(a) The office is closed.
(b) She needs his wife's permission.
(c) The check is not there.
(d) She already gave it to his wife.
5. To whom has Marion written a letter complaining about Dangerfield?
(a) Her priest.
(b) Her father.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who rents out the sitting room in the new house?
2. What cannot be purchased in Catholic Dublin?
3. What is Sebastian studying?
4. Where does Dangerfield go before boarding the train?
5. What does Dangerfield almost forget when he leaves the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
2. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
3. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
4. What are the two most important things in the lives of Dangerfield and O'Keefe?
5. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
6. What does O'Keefe realize about Dangerfield when he loans Dangerfield money?
7. Why does Dangerfield leave Chris when she confronts him about the bar brawl she reads about in the newspaper?
8. Has Dangerfield's life improved from moving from the rickety house to the house in the city?
9. What does Chris discern about her relationship with Dangerfield?
10. How does the impoverished Dangerfield secure food for O'Keefe and himself?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)