|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letter does Dangerfield tap in Morse Code on Chris' door?
(a) Go to a sex addiction clinic.
2. What does Marion receive in the mail that emboldens her?
(a) A love letter from a secret admirer.
(b) An inheritance check.
(c) A job offer.
(d) A check from Dangerfield's father.
3. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
(a) He serenades her.
(b) He buys her flowers.
(c) He takes her to dinner.
(d) He stays home with her for a few days.
4. To whom has Marion written a letter complaining about Dangerfield?
(a) His father.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her priest.
5. What news does Dangerfield get from O'Keefe?
(a) He has been very sick.
(b) He is moving back to the States.
(c) He got married.
(d) He is still a virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield go before boarding the train?
2. Who comes to the new house looking for Dangerfield?
3. What does Dangerfield ask Chris to do?
4. What beverage does O'Keefe buy for Dangerfield?
5. Where does Marion want Dangerfield to get some money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
2. Why does Dangerfield not mind when Chris tries to talk about their relationship?
3. Has Dangerfield's life improved from moving from the rickety house to the house in the city?
4. Why do Dangerfield and Marion fight when she returns home from her trip?
5. How does the impoverished Dangerfield secure food for O'Keefe and himself?
6. What is the result of Dangerfield's embarrassment about the train incident?
7. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
8. Why are O'Keefe's challenges in having sex partly of his own making?
9. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
10. Why does Dangerfield leave Chris when she confronts him about the bar brawl she reads about in the newspaper?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)