|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris bring with her when she returns home from work?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) Cold beer.
(c) Budget reports.
(d) A sheep's head.
2. What does Dangerfield do in his drunken condition?
(a) Wrecks his car.
(b) Sleeps in the alley.
(c) Wakes Marion when he gets home.
(d) Wrecks a pub.
3. What dish does Marion make for dinner that Dangerfield loves?
(a) Beef Stew.
(b) A sheep's head.
(c) Brunswick Stew.
(d) Shepherd's Pie.
4. What does Dangerfield buy in a store on the way home from the bus station?
5. What do Dangerfield and Chris do after making love?
(a) Eat pasta.
(b) Go to a pub.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Watch a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marion feel about their life in the new house?
2. What does Dangerfield give to the young boy he runs into?
3. What enrages Marion about the house?
4. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
5. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the impoverished Dangerfield secure food for O'Keefe and himself?
2. Who is Lily Frost?
3. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
4. Who was Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
5. How does Dangerfield view his wife and child and his life in general?
6. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
7. Why does Dangerfield leave Chris when she confronts him about the bar brawl she reads about in the newspaper?
8. Why does Dangerfield not mind when Chris tries to talk about their relationship?
9. Why do Dangerfield and Marion fight when she returns home from her trip?
10. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)