|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sebastian studying?
(d) Marine Biology.
2. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
(a) His legs hurt.
(b) There are no jobs available.
(c) He has to study.
(d) He has no skills.
3. Where does Alma work?
(a) Biscuit factory.
4. What does Dangerfield steal while trying to get away from the people in the pub?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A car.
(d) A man's wallet.
5. What news does Dangerfield get from O'Keefe?
(a) He is moving back to the States.
(b) He got married.
(c) He is still a virgin.
(d) He has been very sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the woman in #41 work?
2. What wry comment does a passenger make as Dangerfield leaves the train?
3. Marion tells Dangerfield that he ______________ in his sleep.
4. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
5. Who is Dangerfield's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
2. What choices does Dangerfield make now that he has prospects of wealth in his future?
3. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
4. What does Chris discern about her relationship with Dangerfield?
5. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
6. What destructive behavior does Dangerfield exhibit after learning the details of his father's will?
7. What does the re-emergence of Clocklan signify for Dangerfield's life?
8. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
9. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
10. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)