|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dangerfield bring back to Marion as a peace offering?
(b) Fashion magazine.
2. What does Dangerfield discover when he returns home?
(a) Marion has redecorated.
(b) The house is empty.
(c) Marion has some friends over for tea.
(d) The house has been ransacked.
3. What is the source of Dangerfield's anger?
4. What problem can O'Keefe not seem to overcome?
(b) His virginity.
(c) Failing at tests.
(d) Fear of flying.
5. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
(a) His legs hurt.
(b) He has no skills.
(c) He has to study.
(d) There are no jobs available.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chris makes a meal of bacon and _________________.
2. What does Dangerfield ask Chris to do?
3. What does Dangerfield do in his drunken condition?
4. Marion tells Dangerfield that he ______________ in his sleep.
5. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT charge at a store?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
2. How does Dangerfield view his wife and child and his life in general?
3. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
4. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
5. Why is Dangerfield so angry to learn that Marion has contacted his father?
6. What is at the core of Dangerfield's nasty behavior?
7. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
8. What does O'Keefe realize about Dangerfield when he loans Dangerfield money?
9. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
10. How do Marion and Dangerfield differ in their approach to their life together?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)