|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marion want Dangerfield to have fixed?
(a) The car.
(b) The stove.
(c) The plumbing.
(d) The stereo.
2. To whom does Dangerfield write a letter complaining about his financial woes?
(a) His adviser.
(b) His father.
(d) His brother.
3. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT charge at a store?
4. What does Dangerfield do when he realizes his social gaffe on the train?
(a) He runs out of the train.
(b) He goes to the bar.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He changes seats.
5. What is the state of O'Keefe's room?
(a) Pretty cluttered.
(c) A few things out of place.
(d) A disgusting mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
2. Where does the woman in #41 work?
3. How does Dangerfield describe the person in #81 to Lily?
4. What dish does Marion make for dinner that Dangerfield loves?
5. What does Dangerfield almost forget when he leaves the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dangerfield try to appease Marion when she realizes Dangerfield might be having an affair?
2. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
3. Why does Dangerfield leave Chris when she confronts him about the bar brawl she reads about in the newspaper?
4. Has Dangerfield's life improved from moving from the rickety house to the house in the city?
5. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
6. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
7. Why do Dangerfield and Marion fight when she returns home from her trip?
8. What is the result of Dangerfield's embarrassment about the train incident?
9. What does Chris learn about Dangerfield and Marion's sex life and what does Dangerfield reveal about wanting to have sex with Chris?
10. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)