|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the woman in #79?
2. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
(a) He serenades her.
(b) He stays home with her for a few days.
(c) He takes her to dinner.
(d) He buys her flowers.
3. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT charge at a store?
4. Dangerfield thinks that everything will be OK with him and Marion ______________________.
(a) when Dangerfield is out of school.
(b) when they have money.
(c) when they move back to America.
(d) when the baby is a little older.
5. What enrages Marion about the house?
(a) None of the doors will close properly.
(b) The hot water heater doesn't work.
(c) The pipes break and pour waste on her.
(d) Some of the windows are broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl who asks Dangerfield for a light for her cigarette?
2. What does Dangerfield do to calm himself after a fight with Marion?
3. Who is Dangerfield's wife?
4. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
5. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Dangerfield and Marion fight when she returns home from her trip?
2. Why does Dangerfield not mind when Chris tries to talk about their relationship?
3. How do Marion and Dangerfield differ in their approach to their life together?
4. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
5. How does Dangerfield view his wife and child and his life in general?
6. Why is Dangerfield so angry to learn that Marion has contacted his father?
7. How does the impoverished Dangerfield secure food for O'Keefe and himself?
8. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
9. How do Dangerfield's behavioral traits undermine him in terms of money vs. pleasure?
10. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)