|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Dangerfield make when he grows bored at home?
(a) To learn a new language.
(b) To take painting lessons.
(c) To take the family on holiday.
(d) To see Chris again.
2. What body part does Dangerfield hurt when they return to Chris' room?
(a) His toe.
(b) His head.
(c) His knee.
(d) His elbow.
3. What does Chris prepare for Dangerfield when he says he has been attacked in the bar?
(a) Buttered rum.
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) Mulled wine.
4. Who comes to the new house looking for Dangerfield?
5. Where does Dangerfield go after leaving the bar and the angry mob?
(a) Chris' room.
(b) O'Keefe's room.
(c) A clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
2. What does Dangerfield discover when he returns home?
3. What does Dangerfield buy in a store on the way home from the bus station?
4. Where does Marion want Dangerfield to get some money?
5. What does Dangerfield bring back to Marion as a peace offering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dangerfield leave Chris when she confronts him about the bar brawl she reads about in the newspaper?
2. How are Marion and O'Keefe alike in their relationships with Dangerfield?
3. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
4. What is the result of Dangerfield's embarrassment about the train incident?
5. How does Dangerfield try to appease Marion when she realizes Dangerfield might be having an affair?
6. How do Dangerfield's behavioral traits undermine him in terms of money vs. pleasure?
7. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
8. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
9. Why are O'Keefe's challenges in having sex partly of his own making?
10. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)