|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dangerfield ask Chris to do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Loan him money.
(d) Tutor him.
2. Who is Dangerfield's wife?
3. Why is Dangerfield so happy with the garden at the new house?
(a) It gives off wonderful scents.
(b) It is pleasant to look at.
(c) It is a cheap source of food.
(d) It adds value to the property.
4. What does Dangerfield do in his drunken condition?
(a) Sleeps in the alley.
(b) Wrecks his car.
(c) Wakes Marion when he gets home.
(d) Wrecks a pub.
5. What nationality is the woman in #41?
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot be purchased in Catholic Dublin?
2. Where do Dangerfield and O'Keefe get their money?
3. What does Marion receive in the mail that emboldens her?
4. Chris admits to making contact with Felicity in order to _________________.
5. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lily Frost?
2. What does O'Keefe realize about Dangerfield when he loans Dangerfield money?
3. Why do Dangerfield and Marion fight when she returns home from her trip?
4. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
5. Why does Dangerfield not mind when Chris tries to talk about their relationship?
6. How are Marion and O'Keefe alike in their relationships with Dangerfield?
7. How does the impoverished Dangerfield secure food for O'Keefe and himself?
8. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
9. What is the result of Dangerfield's embarrassment about the train incident?
10. What are the two most important things in the lives of Dangerfield and O'Keefe?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)