|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
(a) He has no skills.
(b) There are no jobs available.
(c) He has to study.
(d) His legs hurt.
2. Where do Dangerfield and O'Keefe get their money?
(a) G.I. Bill checks.
(b) Wealthy parents.
(d) Part time jobs.
3. Where does the woman in #41 work?
(a) An office building.
(b) A laundry.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A movie theater.
4. What enrages Marion about the house?
(a) None of the doors will close properly.
(b) The hot water heater doesn't work.
(c) The pipes break and pour waste on her.
(d) Some of the windows are broken.
5. Why is Marion furious when she returns home?
(a) She was in a car accident on the way home.
(b) There are another woman's clothes lying on the living room floor.
(c) Dangerfield has burned the dinner.
(d) Dangerfield forgot to pick her up from the train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of O'Keefe's room?
2. What does Dangerfield do in his drunken condition?
3. To whom does Dangerfield write a letter complaining about his financial woes?
4. How does Dangerfield describe the person in #81 to Lily?
5. What does Dangerfield ask Chris to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dangerfield's destructive behavior when he learns that Marion has received money from his father?
2. How does Dangerfield try to appease Marion when she realizes Dangerfield might be having an affair?
3. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
4. How do Marion and Dangerfield differ in their approach to their life together?
5. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
6. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
7. Has Dangerfield's life improved from moving from the rickety house to the house in the city?
8. How can Dangerfield be called an escapist and how does Chris figure into his escaping?
9. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
10. Why are O'Keefe's challenges in having sex partly of his own making?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)