|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dangerfield return to MacDoon's house?
(a) He has been invited to dinner.
(b) He is attending a party.
(c) There is another letter waiting for him.
(d) He needs to borrow some money.
2. What does Dangerfield tell his landlady about Mary?
(a) She is his long-lost sister.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) He is going to marry her in a few weeks.
(d) She is his ex-wife.
3. What other piece of news does O'Keefe tell Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
(a) Clocklan has killed himself.
(b) Felicity is very ill.
(c) Dangerfield's father has died.
(d) Marion is dating again.
4. Where does Dangerfield go as he waits for his boat to London?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A pub.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) Trinity College.
5. Dangerfield is drinking ___________ from a bottle stashed in the pouch of the kangaroo costume.
6. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
(a) Reconciliation with Marion.
(b) A new marriage.
(c) A law degree.
(d) An inheritance.
7. What food does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield?
(a) Cheese and grapes.
(b) Rice and beans.
8. How old must Dangerfield be before he receives his inheritance?
9. Why does Dangerfield call his landlady during dinner?
(a) To ask her to close his window since it looks like rain.
(b) To ask if his fiancee can stay in his room.
(c) To tell her that he left a hot plate on.
(d) To tell her he will be out of town for two weeks.
10. What is the predominant religion of Ireland?
11. What news does O'Keefe share with Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He has finally had sex.
(c) He has a new job in Italy.
(d) He is going back to America.
12. Dangerfield tells Miss Frost that he is going to call her ___________________.
(b) Love muffin.
13. Why is Mary stuck at home for awhile yet?
(a) She's trying to save money for her own place.
(b) She has a newborn and can't afford to move out.
(c) She is still in high school.
(d) She cares for her father and brothers.
14. Lady Eclair had told O'Keefe that every person must ____________________.
(a) learn to cook.
(b) study French.
(c) floss his teeth.
(d) care for his own soul.
15. For what reason does Dangerfield ask Marion for money?
(a) To buy some beer.
(b) To buy books.
(c) To pay the electric bill.
(d) To buy her a birthday gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield wear when he, MacDoon and Parnell go out drinking?
2. What does a chambermaid's suggestion prompt Dangerfield to do?
3. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT tell Lilly?
4. What is the inscription on a fountain that Dangerfield sees?
5. What name does Dangerfield tell Mary to use when she corresponds with him?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)