|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield offer to take Lilly with him?
(c) The pub.
(d) Law school.
2. What does Dangerfield notice about the house?
(a) The roof is leaking.
(b) It has been repainted.
(c) Marion has moved out.
(d) It has been vandalized.
3. What prompts Dangerfield to run from the house?
(a) Skully appears.
(b) A fire starts.
(c) The sound of a mob approaching.
(d) Someone is breaking in.
4. What does Lilly tell Dangerfield about how they should communicate?
(a) They should not write each other.
(b) They should send telegrams only.
(c) They should write every day.
(d) They should make brief phone calls.
5. What is the predominant religion of Ireland?
6. For what reason does Dangerfield ask Marion for money?
(a) To buy her a birthday gift.
(b) To buy some beer.
(c) To buy books.
(d) To pay the electric bill.
7. What religion does Miss Frost believe in?
8. What is the message in a letter Dangerfield picks up at MacDoon's?
(a) Dangerfield's father has died.
(b) Felicity has pneumonia.
(c) O'Keefe has been killed in a boating accident.
(d) Marion wants a divorce.
9. O'Keefe tells Dangerfield that he had lost his nerve to ___________________.
(a) go to a prostitute.
(b) get married.
(c) buy a car.
(d) return to law school.
10. What does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield before bedtime?
(b) Buttered rum.
(c) Hot chocolate.
11. What is one of the first things Mary does when she gets to London?
(a) Buys cigarettes.
(b) Buys some clothes.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Gets drunk.
12. What had some policemen found washed up on the shore?
(a) A suicide note in a whiskey bottle.
(b) A nude woman's body.
(c) A barrel of oil.
(d) A life preserver.
13. Who is the girl that Dangerfield talks to at the party in #90?
14. What is O'Keefe's one goal in life?
15. Why is Mary stuck at home for awhile yet?
(a) She is still in high school.
(b) She's trying to save money for her own place.
(c) She cares for her father and brothers.
(d) She has a newborn and can't afford to move out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of costume has MacDoon made?
2. What is included with the letter from the person in #113?
3. Which of the following is NOT part of the meal that Miss Frost prepares?
4. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT tell Lilly?
5. Where is Dangerfield staying in London?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)