|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the first things Mary does when she gets to London?
(a) Takes a bath.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Buys cigarettes.
(d) Buys some clothes.
2. What does Tony sleep in at night?
(a) A bunk bed.
(b) A couch.
(c) A hammock.
(d) A recliner.
3. Why is Lilly angry with Dangerfield?
(a) He stole her wallet.
(b) He said she was gaining weight.
(c) She has to stay and face the suspicions and rumors.
(d) He would not take her with him to the pub.
4. What is the friend in #88 pawning at the shop?
5. Why does Dangerfield sneak into the landlady's bedroom?
(a) Keys to other rooms.
(b) To find some money.
(c) To watch her undress.
(d) Perfume for his underarms.
6. What is the inscription on a fountain that Dangerfield sees?
(a) "God Bless the Poor."
(b) "The Early Bird Gets the Worm."
(c) "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned."
(d) "All's Well That Ends Well."
7. Where does Dangerfield offer to take Lilly with him?
(c) The pub.
(d) Law school.
8. Dangerfield tells Miss Frost that he is going to call her ___________________.
(d) Love muffin.
9. What prompts Dangerfield to run from the house?
(a) Skully appears.
(b) Someone is breaking in.
(c) A fire starts.
(d) The sound of a mob approaching.
10. Mary tells Dangerfield that her brothers have gone __________________.
(a) to the beach for a holiday.
(b) to the States.
(c) to boarding school.
(d) to their uncle's home.
11. What does Miss Frost loan to Dangerfield?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A car.
(c) A book.
(d) Some money.
12. Why is Mary stuck at home for awhile yet?
(a) She's trying to save money for her own place.
(b) She has a newborn and can't afford to move out.
(c) She is still in high school.
(d) She cares for her father and brothers.
13. Where do Dangerfield and Mary make love?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) A park.
(c) A bathroom.
(d) A shed.
14. What is the predominant religion of Ireland?
15. What does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield before bedtime?
(c) Hot chocolate.
(d) Buttered rum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dangerfield visit before leaving Dublin?
2. Which of the following is NOT part of the meal that Miss Frost prepares?
3. Dangerfield is drinking ___________ from a bottle stashed in the pouch of the kangaroo costume.
4. Dangerfield goes to a party at Tony Malarkey's place located in __________________.
5. What food does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)