|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Keefe tells Dangerfield that Tony Malarkey spends all his days __________________-.
(a) staring into space.
(d) making toys.
2. Why does Dangerfield return to MacDoon's house?
(a) He has been invited to dinner.
(b) He needs to borrow some money.
(c) There is another letter waiting for him.
(d) He is attending a party.
3. Why is Mary stuck at home for awhile yet?
(a) She is still in high school.
(b) She's trying to save money for her own place.
(c) She has a newborn and can't afford to move out.
(d) She cares for her father and brothers.
4. Where does Dangerfield tell Miss Frost that he is going?
5. What does Lilly tell Dangerfield about how they should communicate?
(a) They should write every day.
(b) They should send telegrams only.
(c) They should not write each other.
(d) They should make brief phone calls.
6. What item of clothing does Dangerfield borrow from Miss Frost?
7. Dangerfield tells Miss Frost that he is going to call her ___________________.
(b) Love muffin.
8. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT tell Lilly?
(a) All his possessions are gone.
(b) Bill collectors are after him.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is broke.
9. In Dangerfield's dream he buys millions of ______________.
10. What does Dangerfield do at the party to create havoc?
(a) Shoots a fire extinguisher into the crowd.
(b) Does a strip tease on a table top.
(c) Turns off the lights.
(d) Sprays champagne on everyone.
11. What news does O'Keefe share with Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
(a) He has finally had sex.
(b) He has a new job in Italy.
(c) He is going back to America.
(d) He is getting married.
12. How long has Tony's landlord been trying to evict him?
(a) Six month.
(b) Two years.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
13. What kind of costume has MacDoon made?
14. What religion does Miss Frost believe in?
15. What is one of the first things Mary does when she gets to London?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Buys some clothes.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Buys cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had some policemen found washed up on the shore?
2. What does Dangerfield call his favorite chair?
3. What type of business does O'Keefe want to start?
4. What are the rumors O'Keefe has heard about Dangerfield?
5. Where does Dangerfield go as he waits for his boat to London?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)