|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the first things Mary does when she gets to London?
(a) Buys cigarettes.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Buys some clothes.
2. What prompts Dangerfield to run from the house?
(a) Someone is breaking in.
(b) Skully appears.
(c) A fire starts.
(d) The sound of a mob approaching.
3. Why is Mary stuck at home for awhile yet?
(a) She has a newborn and can't afford to move out.
(b) She is still in high school.
(c) She cares for her father and brothers.
(d) She's trying to save money for her own place.
4. For what reason does Dangerfield ask Marion for money?
(a) To buy some beer.
(b) To pay the electric bill.
(c) To buy books.
(d) To buy her a birthday gift.
5. What does Mary comment on when she sees Dangerfield naked for his bath?
(a) How broad his shoulders are.
(b) How he has gained some weight.
(c) How thin he is.
(d) How hairy he is.
6. Dangerfield tells Miss Frost that he is going to call her ___________________.
(b) Love muffin.
7. Why does Dangerfield return to MacDoon's house?
(a) He is attending a party.
(b) There is another letter waiting for him.
(c) He has been invited to dinner.
(d) He needs to borrow some money.
8. O'Keefe tells Dangerfield that Tony Malarkey spends all his days __________________-.
(a) making toys.
(d) staring into space.
9. Where does Dangerfield put the coins that are tossed at him at the pubs?
(a) His hat.
(b) The pouch of the kangaroo costume.
(c) His backpack.
(d) His coin purse.
10. MacDoon gives Dangerfield a statue of __________________.
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) Oliver Plunkett's head.
11. What does Miss Frost cook for Dangerfield for dinner?
(a) Shepherd's pie.
(b) Sheep's head.
(c) Lamb stew.
12. Which word best describes Mary?
13. In Dangerfield's dream he buys millions of ______________.
14. What does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield before bedtime?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(d) Buttered rum.
15. What does Miss Frost loan to Dangerfield?
(a) A car.
(b) A book.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dangerfield sneak into the landlady's bedroom?
2. With whom is O'Keefe trying to get a job?
3. Which friend does Dangerfield phone from his hotel?
4. What does Mary offer to give to Dangerfield?
5. Where is Dangerfield staying in London?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)