|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dangerfield notice about the house?
(a) The roof is leaking.
(b) It has been vandalized.
(c) Marion has moved out.
(d) It has been repainted.
2. Dangerfield tells Miss Frost that he is going to call her ___________________.
(b) Love muffin.
3. From whom does Dangerfield receive a surprise letter?
(a) His father.
4. What news does O'Keefe share with Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
(a) He is going back to America.
(b) He has a new job in Italy.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He has finally had sex.
5. Mary tells Dangerfield that her brothers have gone __________________.
(a) to the States.
(b) to boarding school.
(c) to the beach for a holiday.
(d) to their uncle's home.
6. Why is Lilly angry with Dangerfield?
(a) He said she was gaining weight.
(b) She has to stay and face the suspicions and rumors.
(c) He stole her wallet.
(d) He would not take her with him to the pub.
7. Which word best describes Mary?
8. What does Dangerfield think about as he has sex with Miss Frost?
(a) Marion on the beach.
(b) Chris at the bar.
(c) Miss Frost working in the garden.
9. What other piece of news does O'Keefe tell Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
(a) Clocklan has killed himself.
(b) Marion is dating again.
(c) Dangerfield's father has died.
(d) Felicity is very ill.
10. Dangerfield learns that Marion has gone to _________________.
11. How old must Dangerfield be before he receives his inheritance?
12. What does Miss Frost loan to Dangerfield?
(a) Some money.
(b) A car.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A book.
13. Where does Dangerfield offer to take Lilly with him?
(a) The pub.
(d) Law school.
14. What had some policemen found washed up on the shore?
(a) A barrel of oil.
(b) A life preserver.
(c) A suicide note in a whiskey bottle.
(d) A nude woman's body.
15. Why does Miss Frost feel she is going to be damned to hell?
(a) For not giving up her seat on the bus.
(b) For swearing at Dangerfield.
(c) For having sex with Dangerfield.
(d) For not going to mass on Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dangerfield call his landlady during dinner?
2. Dangerfield is drinking ___________ from a bottle stashed in the pouch of the kangaroo costume.
3. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
4. What items belonging to the landladies does Dangerfield pawn?
5. Why has Dangerfield left the house in Chapter 15?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)