|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary tells Dangerfield that her brothers have gone __________________.
(a) to boarding school.
(b) to their uncle's home.
(c) to the beach for a holiday.
(d) to the States.
2. Dangerfield goes to a party at Tony Malarkey's place located in __________________.
(a) the meat packing district.
(b) the Catacombs.
(d) downtown Dublin.
3. What is O'Keefe's one goal in life?
4. Why does Dangerfield call his landlady during dinner?
(a) To ask if his fiancee can stay in his room.
(b) To tell her that he left a hot plate on.
(c) To tell her he will be out of town for two weeks.
(d) To ask her to close his window since it looks like rain.
5. Why is Tony Malarkey living behind a bolted door in his apartment?
(a) So his ex-wife can't get in.
(b) So his demons won't find him.
(c) So the landlord can't evict him.
(d) So the police will be kept out.
6. For what reason does Dangerfield ask Marion for money?
(a) To buy her a birthday gift.
(b) To buy some beer.
(c) To buy books.
(d) To pay the electric bill.
7. Who is the girl that Dangerfield talks to at the party in #90?
8. What kind of costume has MacDoon made?
9. Dangerfield is drinking ___________ from a bottle stashed in the pouch of the kangaroo costume.
10. What does Dangerfield tell his landlady about Mary?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) He is going to marry her in a few weeks.
(c) She is his ex-wife.
(d) She is his long-lost sister.
11. What is the predominant religion of Ireland?
12. What does Dangerfield notice about the house?
(a) It has been vandalized.
(b) It has been repainted.
(c) The roof is leaking.
(d) Marion has moved out.
13. What is the friend in #88 pawning at the shop?
14. What is one of the first things Mary does when she gets to London?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Buys cigarettes.
(c) Buys some clothes.
(d) Takes a bath.
15. What food does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield?
(a) Cheese and grapes.
(c) Rice and beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield put the coins that are tossed at him at the pubs?
2. Which of the following is NOT part of the meal that Miss Frost prepares?
3. O'Keefe wonders what Dangerfield will do with __________________.
4. How long do Dangerfield and Mary stay in Dangerfield's room before emerging again?
5. What news does the friend in #147 give Dangerfield?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)