|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dangerfield staying in London?
(a) An inn.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A hostel.
2. What does Dangerfield tell his landlady about Mary?
(a) She is his long-lost sister.
(b) She is his ex-wife.
(c) He is going to marry her in a few weeks.
(d) She is his wife.
3. What does Dangerfield borrow from Parnell?
(a) A clean shirt.
4. How long do Dangerfield and Mary stay in Dangerfield's room before emerging again?
(a) One night.
(b) A week.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three days.
5. Where does Dangerfield go as he waits for his boat to London?
(a) Trinity College.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A pub.
6. What type of business does O'Keefe want to start?
(a) Cigar shop.
(d) Sporting goods store.
7. O'Keefe tells Dangerfield that Tony Malarkey spends all his days __________________-.
(b) staring into space.
(d) making toys.
8. Why does Dangerfield return to MacDoon's house?
(a) He has been invited to dinner.
(b) He needs to borrow some money.
(c) There is another letter waiting for him.
(d) He is attending a party.
9. O'Keefe tells Dangerfield that he had lost his nerve to ___________________.
(a) return to law school.
(b) go to a prostitute.
(c) buy a car.
(d) get married.
10. What prompts Dangerfield to run from the house?
(a) A fire starts.
(b) The sound of a mob approaching.
(c) Someone is breaking in.
(d) Skully appears.
11. When is Marion coming back?
(b) In a couple weeks.
(c) In a month.
(d) Next week.
12. Why does Dangerfield sneak into the landlady's bedroom?
(a) Perfume for his underarms.
(b) Keys to other rooms.
(c) To watch her undress.
(d) To find some money.
13. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) Reconciliation with Marion.
(c) A law degree.
(d) A new marriage.
14. What does Miss Frost prepare for Dangerfield before bedtime?
(c) Buttered rum.
(d) Hot chocolate.
15. Where does Dangerfield tell Miss Frost that he is going?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a chambermaid's suggestion prompt Dangerfield to do?
2. Why does Miss Frost feel she is going to be damned to hell?
3. MacDoon gives Dangerfield a statue of __________________.
4. Which of the following has Mary NOT brought with her to London?
5. Where does Dangerfield put the coins that are tossed at him at the pubs?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)