|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the other passengers on the train react to Dangerfield's appearance?
(a) His fly is open.
(b) He has chocolate all over his face.
(c) He is not wearing any pants.
(d) His coat is inside out.
2. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT charge at a store?
3. What is the state of O'Keefe's room?
(a) Pretty cluttered.
(b) A few things out of place.
(d) A disgusting mess.
4. What puts Dangerfield in a good mood?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Being with a prostitute.
(c) Getting his G.I.Bill check.
(d) A letter from his father.
5. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
(a) The office is closed.
(b) She needs his wife's permission.
(c) The check is not there.
(d) She already gave it to his wife.
6. Why does O'Keefe envy Dangerfield's marriage?
(b) A date for New Year's Eve.
(c) Good meals.
(d) Regular sex.
7. Why is Marion furious when she returns home?
(a) There are another woman's clothes lying on the living room floor.
(b) Dangerfield has burned the dinner.
(c) She was in a car accident on the way home.
(d) Dangerfield forgot to pick her up from the train station.
8. What dish does Marion make for dinner that Dangerfield loves?
(a) Beef Stew.
(b) A sheep's head.
(c) Shepherd's Pie.
(d) Brunswick Stew.
9. Chris makes a meal of bacon and _________________.
(b) fried bread.
(c) tomato sandwiches.
10. Where does Dangerfield go after his fight with Marion?
(a) The library.
(b) A pub.
(c) O'Keefe's flat.
11. What enrages Marion about the house?
(a) None of the doors will close properly.
(b) Some of the windows are broken.
(c) The hot water heater doesn't work.
(d) The pipes break and pour waste on her.
12. What does Marion receive in the mail that emboldens her?
(a) An inheritance check.
(b) A love letter from a secret admirer.
(c) A job offer.
(d) A check from Dangerfield's father.
13. Where had Dangerfield spent the previous night?
(b) A hotel.
(c) Chris' room.
(d) A park bench.
14. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
(a) They look prosperous.
(b) They are not Catholic.
(c) They are very polite.
(d) They are well-educated.
15. What does Dangerfield steal while trying to get away from the people in the pub?
(a) A car.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A man's wallet.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the new house looking for Dangerfield?
2. What is Dangerfield's response when Chris asks if he loves Marion?
3. What does Marion want Dangerfield to have fixed?
4. What news does Dangerfield get from O'Keefe?
5. What item does Dangerfield need to complete his meal?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)