|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marion receive in the mail that emboldens her?
(a) An inheritance check.
(b) A job offer.
(c) A check from Dangerfield's father.
(d) A love letter from a secret admirer.
2. To whom has Marion written a letter complaining about Dangerfield?
(a) His father.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her priest.
3. What does Dangerfield do when he realizes his social gaffe on the train?
(a) He goes to the bar.
(b) He runs out of the train.
(c) He changes seats.
(d) He laughs.
4. What body part does Dangerfield hurt when they return to Chris' room?
(a) His elbow.
(b) His toe.
(c) His head.
(d) His knee.
5. What nationality is the woman in #41?
6. Where does Alma work?
(a) Biscuit factory.
7. Where is Dangerfield's house located?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) In the suburbs.
(c) Downtown Dublin.
(d) On the edge of a cliff.
8. What wry comment does a passenger make as Dangerfield leaves the train?
(a) He cannot remember his meat at all.
(b) He is a good-looking young man.
(c) He seems like a real joker.
(d) He is a troubled chap.
9. What does Chris bring with her when she returns home from work?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) Budget reports.
(c) Cold beer.
(d) A sheep's head.
10. What does Marion want Dangerfield to have fixed?
(a) The stereo.
(b) The car.
(c) The stove.
(d) The plumbing.
11. What is the content of the note that Marion has left for Dangerfield?
(a) She does not love him anymore.
(b) She has moved.
(c) Her father has died.
(d) She got a new job.
12. What do Dangerfield and Chris do after making love?
(a) Go to a pub.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Eat pasta.
(d) Watch a movie.
13. What does O'Keefe find in Dangerfield's attic?
(a) A treasure chest.
(b) A player piano.
(c) A robber.
(d) A one-eyed cat.
14. What puts Dangerfield in a good mood?
(a) Getting his G.I.Bill check.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) A letter from his father.
(d) Being with a prostitute.
15. Where had Dangerfield spent the previous night?
(b) A hotel.
(c) A park bench.
(d) Chris' room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
2. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
3. Why is O'Keefe going to France?
4. Where does Dangerfield take Felicity?
5. What does Dangerfield do in his drunken condition?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)