|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the new house looking for Dangerfield?
2. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
(a) Nearly bankrupt.
(c) Just getting by.
3. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
(a) They are well-educated.
(b) They are very polite.
(c) They are not Catholic.
(d) They look prosperous.
4. Why is Marion furious when she returns home?
(a) She was in a car accident on the way home.
(b) There are another woman's clothes lying on the living room floor.
(c) Dangerfield has burned the dinner.
(d) Dangerfield forgot to pick her up from the train station.
5. Why does O'Keefe envy Dangerfield's marriage?
(b) Regular sex.
(c) A date for New Year's Eve.
(d) Good meals.
6. What do Dangerfield and Chris do after making love?
(a) Watch a movie.
(b) Eat pasta.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Go to a pub.
7. What does Marion want Dangerfield to have fixed?
(a) The stove.
(b) The car.
(c) The stereo.
(d) The plumbing.
8. Where does Dangerfield hide when the person in #81 comes to the house?
(a) Behind a closed curtain.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Under a bed.
(d) Behind a door.
9. What nationality is the woman in #41?
10. What item does Dangerfield need to complete his meal?
11. What cannot be purchased in Catholic Dublin?
(b) Girlie magazine.
12. Who is the girl who asks Dangerfield for a light for her cigarette?
13. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
(a) She already gave it to his wife.
(b) The check is not there.
(c) The office is closed.
(d) She needs his wife's permission.
14. Where had Dangerfield spent the previous night?
(b) A hotel.
(c) Chris' room.
(d) A park bench.
15. What plan does Dangerfield make when he grows bored at home?
(a) To learn a new language.
(b) To take painting lessons.
(c) To take the family on holiday.
(d) To see Chris again.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Keefe asks Dangerfield about the money Dangerfield owes him because O'Keefe is saving up for _______________.
2. Dangerfield thinks that everything will be OK with him and Marion ______________________.
3. Where is Kenneth O'Keefe attending university?
4. How much money does O'Keefe give to Dangerfield?
5. What does Chris bring with her when she returns home from work?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)