|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dangerfield thinks that everything will be OK with him and Marion ______________________.
(a) when the baby is a little older.
(b) when Dangerfield is out of school.
(c) when they have money.
(d) when they move back to America.
2. Why did Dangerfield and his wife and daughter have to move to 1 Mohammed Road, The Rock, Dublin?
(a) It is closer to the college.
(b) A highway is being built where their old house stood.
(c) Their back garden fell off the cliff.
(d) They got some inheritance money.
3. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
(a) The office is closed.
(b) She needs his wife's permission.
(c) She already gave it to his wife.
(d) The check is not there.
4. How much money does O'Keefe give to Dangerfield?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Three pence.
(d) Six shillings.
5. What is the profession of the woman in #79?
6. What does Dangerfield bring back to Marion as a peace offering?
(a) Fashion magazine.
7. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
(a) They are well-educated.
(b) They are very polite.
(c) They are not Catholic.
(d) They look prosperous.
8. Where is Dangerfield's house located?
(a) On the edge of a cliff.
(b) In the suburbs.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) Downtown Dublin.
9. O'Keefe asks Dangerfield about the money Dangerfield owes him because O'Keefe is saving up for _______________.
(a) a car.
(b) a new wardrobe.
(c) a house.
(d) a prostitute.
10. What is the state of O'Keefe's room?
(a) A disgusting mess.
(c) A few things out of place.
(d) Pretty cluttered.
11. What does Dangerfield pick up for dinner in Chapter 10?
(a) Fish n Chips.
(d) Burgers and fries.
12. Where does Alma work?
(b) Biscuit factory.
13. What does Dangerfield do in his drunken condition?
(a) Sleeps in the alley.
(b) Wakes Marion when he gets home.
(c) Wrecks his car.
(d) Wrecks a pub.
14. Where does Dangerfield go after his fight with Marion?
(a) O'Keefe's flat.
(c) The library.
(d) A pub.
15. What wry comment does a passenger make as Dangerfield leaves the train?
(a) He is a good-looking young man.
(b) He is a troubled chap.
(c) He cannot remember his meat at all.
(d) He seems like a real joker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield do to calm himself after a fight with Marion?
2. What does Dangerfield discover when he returns home?
3. What does O'Keefe find in Dangerfield's attic?
4. Where does Marion want Dangerfield to get some money?
5. Where does Dangerfield go before boarding the train?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)