|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marion slap Dangerfield?
(a) He insults her father.
(b) He tells her she is not a good mother.
(c) He has lipstick on his cheek.
(d) He says she is fat.
2. What does Dangerfield almost forget when he leaves the train?
(a) The package of liver.
(b) His hat.
(c) His notebooks.
(d) His umbrella.
3. How does Dangerfield describe the person in #81 to Lily?
(a) He is Felicity's godfather.
(b) He is a bill collector.
(c) He is a delusional mental patient.
(d) He is an ex-boyfriend of Marion's.
4. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT charge at a store?
5. What wry comment does a passenger make as Dangerfield leaves the train?
(a) He is a good-looking young man.
(b) He is a troubled chap.
(c) He seems like a real joker.
(d) He cannot remember his meat at all.
6. Who is the girl who asks Dangerfield for a light for her cigarette?
7. What is Sebastian studying?
(a) Marine Biology.
8. Why is O'Keefe going to France?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To teach English.
(c) To attend school.
(d) For a holiday.
9. What cannot be purchased in Catholic Dublin?
(b) Girlie magazine.
10. What plan does Dangerfield make when he grows bored at home?
(a) To take painting lessons.
(b) To learn a new language.
(c) To see Chris again.
(d) To take the family on holiday.
11. What does Chris prepare for Dangerfield when he says he has been attacked in the bar?
(b) Buttered rum.
(c) Mulled wine.
(d) Hot chocolate.
12. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
(a) The check is not there.
(b) The office is closed.
(c) She already gave it to his wife.
(d) She needs his wife's permission.
13. What puts Dangerfield in a good mood?
(a) Getting his G.I.Bill check.
(b) Being with a prostitute.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) A letter from his father.
14. What body part does Dangerfield hurt when they return to Chris' room?
(a) His elbow.
(b) His head.
(c) His knee.
(d) His toe.
15. Who is the woman who rents out the sitting room in the new house?
(a) Aggie Evans.
(b) Lily Frost.
(c) Maddy Malone.
(d) Mary Shannon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Sebastian Dangerfield?
2. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
3. Who comes to the new house looking for Dangerfield?
4. What dish does Marion make for dinner that Dangerfield loves?
5. Where does Dangerfield hide when the person in #81 comes to the house?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)