|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dangerfield thinks that everything will be OK with him and Marion ______________________.
(a) when they move back to America.
(b) when Dangerfield is out of school.
(c) when they have money.
(d) when the baby is a little older.
2. What body part does Dangerfield hurt when they return to Chris' room?
(a) His knee.
(b) His elbow.
(c) His toe.
(d) His head.
3. What does Marion feel about their life in the new house?
(a) They can have a fresh start now.
(b) They are back where they started.
(c) She is not comfortable there.
(d) They are worse off than before.
4. What nationality is Sebastian Dangerfield?
5. What does Dangerfield bring back to Marion as a peace offering?
(b) Fashion magazine.
6. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
(a) They are well-educated.
(b) They look prosperous.
(c) They are very polite.
(d) They are not Catholic.
7. What problem can O'Keefe not seem to overcome?
(a) His virginity.
(b) Fear of flying.
(d) Failing at tests.
8. Where is Dangerfield's house located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) Downtown Dublin.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) On the edge of a cliff.
9. What does Chris bring with her when she returns home from work?
(a) Cold beer.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Budget reports.
(d) A sheep's head.
10. What does Marion receive in the mail that emboldens her?
(a) A job offer.
(b) A love letter from a secret admirer.
(c) A check from Dangerfield's father.
(d) An inheritance check.
11. Who is the woman that Dangerfield meets in the park?
12. What enrages Marion about the house?
(a) The hot water heater doesn't work.
(b) Some of the windows are broken.
(c) None of the doors will close properly.
(d) The pipes break and pour waste on her.
13. Where is Kenneth O'Keefe attending university?
14. Who comes to the new house looking for Dangerfield?
15. Why is Marion furious when she returns home?
(a) Dangerfield forgot to pick her up from the train station.
(b) She was in a car accident on the way home.
(c) There are another woman's clothes lying on the living room floor.
(d) Dangerfield has burned the dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chris makes a meal of bacon and _________________.
2. What do Dangerfield and Chris do after making love?
3. Who is Dangerfield's daughter?
4. Where does Alma work?
5. What is the content of the note that Marion has left for Dangerfield?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)