|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
(a) Nearly bankrupt.
(b) Just getting by.
2. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
(a) He has to study.
(b) There are no jobs available.
(c) His legs hurt.
(d) He has no skills.
3. What puts Dangerfield in a good mood?
(a) Being with a prostitute.
(b) Getting his G.I.Bill check.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) A letter from his father.
4. What problem can O'Keefe not seem to overcome?
(a) Failing at tests.
(b) His virginity.
(c) Fear of flying.
5. What is the content of the note that Marion has left for Dangerfield?
(a) She does not love him anymore.
(b) She has moved.
(c) Her father has died.
(d) She got a new job.
6. Where is Dangerfield's house located?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) On the edge of a cliff.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) Downtown Dublin.
7. What does Dangerfield almost forget when he leaves the train?
(a) His hat.
(b) His notebooks.
(c) The package of liver.
(d) His umbrella.
8. Where does Alma work?
(a) Biscuit factory.
9. To whom does Dangerfield write a letter complaining about his financial woes?
(a) His father.
(b) His adviser.
(d) His brother.
10. What does Dangerfield bring back to Marion as a peace offering?
(b) Fashion magazine.
11. What plan does Dangerfield make when he grows bored at home?
(a) To see Chris again.
(b) To take painting lessons.
(c) To take the family on holiday.
(d) To learn a new language.
12. What item does Dangerfield need to complete his meal?
13. Who is the girl who asks Dangerfield for a light for her cigarette?
14. What does Chris prepare for Dangerfield when he says he has been attacked in the bar?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(b) Mulled wine.
(d) Buttered rum.
15. Who comes to the new house looking for Dangerfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
2. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
3. What news does Dangerfield get from O'Keefe?
4. Where do Dangerfield and O'Keefe get their money?
5. Where had Dangerfield spent the previous night?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)