|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dangerfield and his wife and daughter have to move to 1 Mohammed Road, The Rock, Dublin?
(a) Their back garden fell off the cliff.
(b) A highway is being built where their old house stood.
(c) It is closer to the college.
(d) They got some inheritance money.
2. What does Dangerfield do to calm himself after a fight with Marion?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Drinks a beer.
(d) Cooks a sheep's head.
3. What dish does Marion make for dinner that Dangerfield loves?
(a) Brunswick Stew.
(b) Beef Stew.
(c) Shepherd's Pie.
(d) A sheep's head.
4. Chris makes a meal of bacon and _________________.
(c) fried bread.
(d) tomato sandwiches.
5. Who is the woman that Dangerfield meets in the park?
6. Which of the following is NOT an item that O'Keefe leaves behind when he leaves?
(c) Coffee pot.
7. What does Dangerfield discover when he returns home?
(a) The house is empty.
(b) Marion has some friends over for tea.
(c) Marion has redecorated.
(d) The house has been ransacked.
8. What body part does Dangerfield hurt when they return to Chris' room?
(a) His elbow.
(b) His knee.
(c) His toe.
(d) His head.
9. Where does Dangerfield go after leaving the bar and the angry mob?
(a) O'Keefe's room.
(b) Chris' room.
(c) A clinic.
10. Where is Kenneth O'Keefe attending university?
11. What puts Dangerfield in a good mood?
(a) A letter from his father.
(b) Getting his G.I.Bill check.
(c) Being with a prostitute.
(d) Getting drunk.
12. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
(a) He has to study.
(b) There are no jobs available.
(c) His legs hurt.
(d) He has no skills.
13. What does Dangerfield steal while trying to get away from the people in the pub?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A man's wallet.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A car.
14. What news does Dangerfield get from O'Keefe?
(a) He has been very sick.
(b) He is still a virgin.
(c) He got married.
(d) He is moving back to the States.
15. Who is Dangerfield's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
2. Where does Dangerfield take Felicity?
3. What problem can O'Keefe not seem to overcome?
4. What does Dangerfield bring back to Marion as a peace offering?
5. Who is the woman who rents out the sitting room in the new house?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)