|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Sebastian Dangerfield?
2. Chris makes a meal of bacon and _________________.
(b) tomato sandwiches.
(c) fried bread.
3. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
(a) Nearly bankrupt.
(c) Just getting by.
4. What puts Dangerfield in a good mood?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) A letter from his father.
(c) Getting his G.I.Bill check.
(d) Being with a prostitute.
5. What is Dangerfield's response when Chris asks if he loves Marion?
(a) He cannot stand her.
(b) He will always love her.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He sometimes cares for her.
6. What enrages Marion about the house?
(a) Some of the windows are broken.
(b) The pipes break and pour waste on her.
(c) None of the doors will close properly.
(d) The hot water heater doesn't work.
7. Why does O'Keefe envy Dangerfield's marriage?
(a) Regular sex.
(b) A date for New Year's Eve.
(d) Good meals.
8. What does Dangerfield do when he realizes his social gaffe on the train?
(a) He runs out of the train.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He changes seats.
(d) He goes to the bar.
9. What beverage does O'Keefe buy for Dangerfield?
10. What does Dangerfield do to calm himself after a fight with Marion?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Drinks a beer.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Cooks a sheep's head.
11. What body part does Dangerfield hurt when they return to Chris' room?
(a) His toe.
(b) His knee.
(c) His head.
(d) His elbow.
12. Why did Dangerfield and his wife and daughter have to move to 1 Mohammed Road, The Rock, Dublin?
(a) They got some inheritance money.
(b) Their back garden fell off the cliff.
(c) A highway is being built where their old house stood.
(d) It is closer to the college.
13. What does Dangerfield discover when he returns home?
(a) The house has been ransacked.
(b) The house is empty.
(c) Marion has redecorated.
(d) Marion has some friends over for tea.
14. Where had Dangerfield spent the previous night?
(a) Chris' room.
(b) A park bench.
(d) A hotel.
15. Why is Marion furious when she returns home?
(a) There are another woman's clothes lying on the living room floor.
(b) Dangerfield forgot to pick her up from the train station.
(c) She was in a car accident on the way home.
(d) Dangerfield has burned the dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield almost forget when he leaves the train?
2. Why did Dangerfield once touch the decapitated head of Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
3. Why does Marion slap Dangerfield?
4. What item does Dangerfield need to complete his meal?
5. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)