|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield go after his fight with Marion?
(b) O'Keefe's flat.
(c) The library.
(d) A pub.
2. What item does O'Keefe give Dangerfield?
(a) A jug.
(b) A photo album.
(c) A carton of cigarettes.
(d) A bottle of wine.
3. What does Dangerfield spend the day doing after he and Marion fight?
(b) Talking to Chris.
(c) Going to pubs.
(d) Writing his thesis.
4. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
(a) Nearly bankrupt.
(b) Just getting by.
5. What does Dangerfield pick up for dinner in Chapter 10?
(a) Fish n Chips.
(d) Burgers and fries.
6. What wry comment does a passenger make as Dangerfield leaves the train?
(a) He cannot remember his meat at all.
(b) He is a troubled chap.
(c) He is a good-looking young man.
(d) He seems like a real joker.
7. Why does O'Keefe envy Dangerfield's marriage?
(b) Good meals.
(c) A date for New Year's Eve.
(d) Regular sex.
8. What news does Dangerfield get from O'Keefe?
(a) He got married.
(b) He has been very sick.
(c) He is moving back to the States.
(d) He is still a virgin.
9. O'Keefe asks Dangerfield about the money Dangerfield owes him because O'Keefe is saving up for _______________.
(a) a house.
(b) a car.
(c) a new wardrobe.
(d) a prostitute.
10. Where does Dangerfield hide when the person in #81 comes to the house?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Under a bed.
(c) Behind a closed curtain.
(d) Behind a door.
11. What nationality is Sebastian Dangerfield?
12. What does O'Keefe find in Dangerfield's attic?
(a) A one-eyed cat.
(b) A player piano.
(c) A robber.
(d) A treasure chest.
13. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
(a) He stays home with her for a few days.
(b) He buys her flowers.
(c) He serenades her.
(d) He takes her to dinner.
14. What enrages Marion about the house?
(a) None of the doors will close properly.
(b) Some of the windows are broken.
(c) The pipes break and pour waste on her.
(d) The hot water heater doesn't work.
15. Who is Dangerfield's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield buy in a store on the way home from the bus station?
2. What is Sebastian studying?
3. What puts Dangerfield in a good mood?
4. Where does Dangerfield take Felicity?
5. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT charge at a store?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)