|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marion feel about their life in the new house?
(a) They are back where they started.
(b) They are worse off than before.
(c) They can have a fresh start now.
(d) She is not comfortable there.
2. What does Dangerfield steal while trying to get away from the people in the pub?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A man's wallet.
(d) A car.
3. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
(a) His legs hurt.
(b) There are no jobs available.
(c) He has to study.
(d) He has no skills.
4. What does Dangerfield do when he realizes his social gaffe on the train?
(a) He changes seats.
(b) He runs out of the train.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He goes to the bar.
5. Who is Dangerfield's daughter?
6. Where had Dangerfield spent the previous night?
(b) A park bench.
(c) Chris' room.
(d) A hotel.
7. Why did Dangerfield and his wife and daughter have to move to 1 Mohammed Road, The Rock, Dublin?
(a) They got some inheritance money.
(b) A highway is being built where their old house stood.
(c) Their back garden fell off the cliff.
(d) It is closer to the college.
8. O'Keefe asks Dangerfield about the money Dangerfield owes him because O'Keefe is saving up for _______________.
(a) a car.
(b) a house.
(c) a prostitute.
(d) a new wardrobe.
9. What does Dangerfield ask Chris to do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Tutor him.
(c) Loan him money.
(d) Run away with him.
10. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
(b) Just getting by.
(c) Nearly bankrupt.
11. Where does Dangerfield go before boarding the train?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The restroom.
(c) The ticket office.
(d) The gift shop.
12. Marion tells Dangerfield that he ______________ in his sleep.
13. Why is Dangerfield so happy with the garden at the new house?
(a) It adds value to the property.
(b) It is pleasant to look at.
(c) It is a cheap source of food.
(d) It gives off wonderful scents.
14. Where does Dangerfield go after his fight with Marion?
(b) O'Keefe's flat.
(c) A pub.
(d) The library.
15. What does Chris bring with her when she returns home from work?
(a) A sheep's head.
(b) Budget reports.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) Cold beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Sebastian Dangerfield?
2. Why do the other passengers on the train react to Dangerfield's appearance?
3. To whom does Dangerfield write a letter complaining about his financial woes?
4. Who is Dangerfield's wife?
5. What wry comment does a passenger make as Dangerfield leaves the train?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)