|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is the woman in #41?
2. What nationality is Sebastian Dangerfield?
3. What does Chris bring with her when she returns home from work?
(a) Cold beer.
(b) Budget reports.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A sheep's head.
4. Dangerfield thinks that everything will be OK with him and Marion ______________________.
(a) when Dangerfield is out of school.
(b) when they have money.
(c) when the baby is a little older.
(d) when they move back to America.
5. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT charge at a store?
6. Chris admits to making contact with Felicity in order to _________________.
(a) get some childcare skills.
(b) get a babysitting job.
(c) pass some time.
(d) meet Dangerfield.
7. What is Sebastian studying?
(b) Marine Biology.
8. What does Dangerfield do when he realizes his social gaffe on the train?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He goes to the bar.
(c) He changes seats.
(d) He runs out of the train.
9. What do Dangerfield and Chris do after making love?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Eat pasta.
(c) Watch a movie.
(d) Go to a pub.
10. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
(a) She already gave it to his wife.
(b) The office is closed.
(c) She needs his wife's permission.
(d) The check is not there.
11. How does Dangerfield describe the person in #81 to Lily?
(a) He is a delusional mental patient.
(b) He is an ex-boyfriend of Marion's.
(c) He is a bill collector.
(d) He is Felicity's godfather.
12. What does Dangerfield do in his drunken condition?
(a) Wrecks his car.
(b) Sleeps in the alley.
(c) Wrecks a pub.
(d) Wakes Marion when he gets home.
13. What does Dangerfield almost forget when he leaves the train?
(a) His hat.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) The package of liver.
(d) His notebooks.
14. Where does Dangerfield go after his fight with Marion?
(b) The library.
(c) A pub.
(d) O'Keefe's flat.
15. What does Dangerfield pick up for dinner in Chapter 10?
(a) Burgers and fries.
(b) Fish n Chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marion want Dangerfield to get some money?
2. To whom has Marion written a letter complaining about Dangerfield?
3. Where does Alma work?
4. Why does O'Keefe envy Dangerfield's marriage?
5. What wry comment does a passenger make as Dangerfield leaves the train?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)