|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dangerfield go before boarding the train?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The gift shop.
(c) The ticket office.
(d) The restroom.
2. Why did Dangerfield once touch the decapitated head of Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
(c) It is good luck.
3. What does Dangerfield discover when he returns home?
(a) Marion has redecorated.
(b) The house is empty.
(c) Marion has some friends over for tea.
(d) The house has been ransacked.
4. What is the content of the note that Marion has left for Dangerfield?
(a) She has moved.
(b) She got a new job.
(c) She does not love him anymore.
(d) Her father has died.
5. Who is the girl who asks Dangerfield for a light for her cigarette?
6. What does Dangerfield spend the day doing after he and Marion fight?
(b) Talking to Chris.
(c) Going to pubs.
(d) Writing his thesis.
7. What wry comment does a passenger make as Dangerfield leaves the train?
(a) He cannot remember his meat at all.
(b) He is a troubled chap.
(c) He seems like a real joker.
(d) He is a good-looking young man.
8. Who is Dangerfield's daughter?
9. Why is O'Keefe going to France?
(a) For a holiday.
(b) To teach English.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) To attend school.
10. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
(a) He stays home with her for a few days.
(b) He takes her to dinner.
(c) He buys her flowers.
(d) He serenades her.
11. O'Keefe asks Dangerfield about the money Dangerfield owes him because O'Keefe is saving up for _______________.
(a) a new wardrobe.
(b) a car.
(c) a prostitute.
(d) a house.
12. Marion tells Dangerfield that he ______________ in his sleep.
13. What college do Dangerfield and O'Keefe both attend?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Trinity College.
(c) University of Edinburgh.
(d) Cambridge University.
14. Where is Kenneth O'Keefe attending university?
15. What does Dangerfield bring back to Marion as a peace offering?
(b) Fashion magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dangerfield describe the person in #81 to Lily?
2. What does Marion receive in the mail that emboldens her?
3. Why does the woman at the office not give Dangerfield his G.I. Bill check?
4. Why do the landladies of the new house trust Dangerfield and Marion?
5. Chris admits to making contact with Felicity in order to _________________.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)