|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonoff throw out in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) His paper.
(b) His razor blade.
(c) His typewriter.
(d) His clothes.
2. What is Amy's father's name?
3. Why does Lonoff say Hope is upset?
(a) Because she is jealous.
(b) Because they had visitors.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because she is scared.
4. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
5. What frightened Amy about the play?
(a) The story.
(b) The set.
(c) The women watching it.
(d) The actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope apologize to Amy in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Nathan ask to drop him off in town?
3. How long does it take Amy to get the diary?
4. In what month were the Franks' whereabouts betrayed?
5. How long has Amy's father thought her to be dead in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
3. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Amy say she wrote and kept the diary while in hiding?
5. Why is Amy not surprised when Zuckerman tells her she looks like Anne Frank?
6. To whom does Zuckerman compare Anne Frank when he is talking to Amy in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
8. What does Amy believe she has the power to teach through the diary, if she remains dead to everyone?
9. What does Hope come down the stairs with in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)