|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters does Lonoff have?
2. Who is Amy looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
3. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
4. What is Hope trying to leave?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her home.
5. Where is Amy when she finds her father?
(a) The dentist.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The theatre.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the first bus north arrive?
2. Who is Miss Giddings?
3. What book does Amy get the name Bellette from?
4. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
5. How many other people does a secretary represent to Lonoff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
2. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
3. Why is Amy not surprised when Zuckerman tells her she looks like Anne Frank?
4. Why can Zuckerman no longer think of Amy as herself in Chapter 4?
5. What does Amy do after leaving the dentist's office where she found the "Time" article?
6. What does Amy do when she receives the copy of the book?
7. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
8. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
9. Zuckerman notices that Lonoff has also changed at breakfast. To what does Zuckerman attribute the change in Lonoff and Hope?
10. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)