|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anne's older sister?
2. What does Lonoff think he does too much of in Chapter 4?
3. What song is Lonoff humming when he comes to breakfast in Chapter 4?
(a) My Blue Heaven.
(b) Endless Love.
(c) Beautiful Day.
(d) Blue Suede Shoes.
4. What does Amy wrap herself in on the bed in Chapter 3?
(a) A coat.
(b) The sheets.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Lonoff's arms.
5. Who is Miss Giddings?
(a) Amy's cousin.
(b) Amy's teacher.
(c) Amy's mother.
(d) Amy's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did she change her name?
2. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
3. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
4. What story does the mean letter reference in Chapter 4?
5. Who slams the bedroom door in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Zuckerman notices that Lonoff has also changed at breakfast. To what does Zuckerman attribute the change in Lonoff and Hope?
2. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
3. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
6. To whom does Zuckerman compare Anne Frank when he is talking to Amy in Chapter 4?
7. Why can Zuckerman no longer think of Amy as herself in Chapter 4?
8. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
9. What significance does Zuckerman see in Amy's wool cap in Chapter 4?
10. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)