|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters does Lonoff have?
2. When did Lonoff used to look at the mail?
(a) The end of the day.
(c) At breakfast.
3. What does Hope say Lonoff loves in Chapter 4?
4. What does Hope call Amy in Chapter 4?
(a) Home wrecker.
(b) Secret lover.
5. Where does Lonoff's overseas letter come from?
(d) New Dehli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amy say has to happen "there" in the theater?
2. How long was Amy in a coma?
3. Where did Amy come to New York from?
4. Why did she change her name?
5. What does Lonoff think he does too much of in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
2. Why do the women at the play upset Amy?
3. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
4. How does the diary come to be published?
5. Why can Zuckerman no longer think of Amy as herself in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
8. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
9. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Hope think Amy wants to take her place as Lonoff's companion?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)