|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Lonoff behind schedule in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. What time does Lonoff leave his house to drive to New York in Chapter 3?
(a) 7 pm.
(c) 10 pm.
3. Where is Amy going after breakfast in Chapter 4?
(a) New York.
4. How much interest is Lonoff's money in the bank earning?
(a) Three percent.
(b) Two percent.
(d) Five percent.
5. How many people were together in the attic rooms in the Amsterdam building?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Amy come to New York from?
2. Where does Amy get a copy of the diary from?
3. Why does Hope apologize to Amy in Chapter 4?
4. What does Amy say she has to be to everyone?
5. How old is Amy in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
2. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
3. What does Zuckerman imagine saying to his family as he sits at breakfast with Amy and the Lonoffs?
4. How does the diary come to be published?
5. What does Amy realize when she hears the woman say "Oh, no" in the theater?
6. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
7. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
8. What does Amy believe she has the power to teach through the diary, if she remains dead to everyone?
9. Why does Hope think Amy wants to take her place as Lonoff's companion?
10. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)