|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Amy in Chapter 3?
2. What does Hope say Lonoff loves in Chapter 4?
3. Who is Miss Giddings?
(a) Amy's teacher.
(b) Amy's cousin.
(c) Amy's aunt.
(d) Amy's mother.
4. Where is Amy when she finds her father?
(a) The theatre.
(b) The dentist.
(c) The library.
(d) The doctor.
5. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nathan go the previous night without in Chapter 4?
2. What did Amy want in the room she runs to after the play?
3. In what month did Amy/Anne last see her mother?
4. Who is Anne's older sister?
5. How many letters does Lonoff have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
3. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
4. What does Amy do after leaving the dentist's office where she found the "Time" article?
5. What does Zuckerman imagine saying to his family as he sits at breakfast with Amy and the Lonoffs?
6. What does Amy realize when she hears the woman say "Oh, no" in the theater?
7. Why does Hope think Amy wants to take her place as Lonoff's companion?
8. Zuckerman notices that Lonoff has also changed at breakfast. To what does Zuckerman attribute the change in Lonoff and Hope?
9. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
10. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)