|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonoff think he does too much of in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
(a) Anne Frank.
(b) Hope Lonoff.
(d) Amy Bellette.
3. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
4. What does Amy say has to happen "there" in the theater?
(a) The women cry.
(b) The women scream.
(c) The women laugh.
(d) The women yell.
5. How far is Lonoff behind schedule in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Amy come to New York from?
2. What is Hope carrying when she comes down the stairs?
3. What does Amy wrap herself in on the bed in Chapter 3?
4. Where do people think Anne died?
5. What disease did most people in the camps die of, according to Amy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
2. What does Hope come down the stairs with in Chapter 4?
3. How does the diary come to be published?
4. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
5. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
6. Zuckerman notices that Lonoff has also changed at breakfast. To what does Zuckerman attribute the change in Lonoff and Hope?
7. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
8. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
9. Why does Amy say she wrote and kept the diary while in hiding?
10. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)