|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who slams the bedroom door in Chapter 4?
2. When did Lonoff used to look at the mail?
(a) The end of the day.
(d) At breakfast.
3. How many letters does Lonoff have?
4. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
(a) Amy Bellette.
(c) Hope Lonoff.
(d) Anne Frank.
5. To what writer does Nathan compare Anne Frank?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Hope's coat?
2. What does Hope say Lonoff loves in Chapter 4?
3. What was the first title of the published diary?
4. What does Amy say has to happen "there" in the theater?
5. What does Amy say Lonoff has been named when she sees the foreign postmark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amy say she wrote and kept the diary while in hiding?
2. What does Hope come down the stairs with in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
5. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
7. What significance does Zuckerman see in Amy's wool cap in Chapter 4?
8. What does Amy realize when she hears the woman say "Oh, no" in the theater?
9. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
10. What does Zuckerman imagine saying to his family as he sits at breakfast with Amy and the Lonoffs?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)