|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amy want in the room she runs to after the play?
(a) A television.
(b) A bathtub.
(c) A table.
(d) A telephone.
2. Who is Miss Giddings?
(a) Amy's mother.
(b) Amy's aunt.
(c) Amy's teacher.
(d) Amy's cousin.
3. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
4. How old is Amy in Chapter 3?
5. What does Amy say she has to be to everyone?
Short Answer Questions
1. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
2. What does Hope say Lonoff loves in Chapter 4?
3. What song is Lonoff humming when he comes to breakfast in Chapter 4?
4. Where do people think Anne died?
5. How does Amy burn her arm where her concentration camp number is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hope think Amy wants to take her place as Lonoff's companion?
2. Why does Amy say she wrote and kept the diary while in hiding?
3. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Amy want a room with a telephone?
5. How does Amy obtain a copy of "Het Achterhuis?"
6. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
7. Why can Zuckerman no longer think of Amy as herself in Chapter 4?
8. To whom does Zuckerman compare Anne Frank when he is talking to Amy in Chapter 4?
9. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
10. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)