|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His boredom.
(d) His writing.
2. Where did Amy come to New York from?
(b) Washington, DC.
3. Where does Hope say she is going?
4. Why does Lonoff say Hope is upset?
(a) Because she is jealous.
(b) Because she is tired.
(c) Because she is scared.
(d) Because they had visitors.
5. What does Amy say Lonoff has been named when she sees the foreign postmark?
(a) A Brahman.
(b) A knight.
(c) A king.
(d) A prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope apologize to Amy in Chapter 4?
2. Who is Miss Giddings?
3. What is Hope carrying when she comes down the stairs?
4. What color is Amy's wool cap?
5. Who does Nathan ask to drop him off in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Hope think Amy wants to take her place as Lonoff's companion?
3. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
4. Why do the women at the play upset Amy?
5. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
6. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
7. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
8. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
9. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
10. How does the diary come to be published?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)