|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the nurses call Amy?
(a) Graceful Cutie.
(b) Anne Frank.
(c) Little Beauty.
(d) Tiny Dancer.
2. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
3. What does Amy say has to happen "there" in the theater?
(a) The women scream.
(b) The women yell.
(c) The women laugh.
(d) The women cry.
4. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
(a) Hope Lonoff.
(b) Anne Frank.
(d) Amy Bellette.
5. What time does the first bus north arrive?
(b) 9:45 am.
(c) 11:20 am.
(d) 10:15 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does Amy see her father in?
2. Who is Miss Giddings?
3. In what country was Amy/Anne supposed to reunite with her family?
4. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
5. What does Amy wrap herself in on the bed in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
2. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
3. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
4. What does Amy believe she has the power to teach through the diary, if she remains dead to everyone?
5. How does the diary come to be published?
6. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
7. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
8. Why does Hope think Amy wants to take her place as Lonoff's companion?
9. How does Amy obtain a copy of "Het Achterhuis?"
10. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)