|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were together in the attic rooms in the Amsterdam building?
2. To what flower does Nathan compare Hope in Chapter 4?
3. What does Amy wrap herself in on the bed in Chapter 3?
(a) Lonoff's arms.
(b) A coat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) The sheets.
4. In what month were the Franks' whereabouts betrayed?
5. What does Amy call her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Lonoff leave his house to drive to New York in Chapter 3?
2. What book does Amy get the name Bellette from?
3. What does Lonoff think he does too much of in Chapter 4?
4. How much is the royalty check that Lonoff receives in Chapter 4?
5. Who is Anne's older sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the women at the play upset Amy?
2. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
3. Why is Amy not surprised when Zuckerman tells her she looks like Anne Frank?
4. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
7. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
8. Why does Amy say she wrote and kept the diary while in hiding?
9. What does Amy believe she has the power to teach through the diary, if she remains dead to everyone?
10. How does the diary come to be published?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)