|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hope carrying when she comes down the stairs?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Amy's clothes.
(c) A book.
(d) An overnight bag.
2. How many people were together in the attic rooms in the Amsterdam building?
3. When did Lonoff used to look at the mail?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) The end of the day.
4. Where does Amy get a copy of the diary from?
(a) Hearst Publications.
(b) Pilgrim International Bookshop.
(c) Conde Nast.
(d) Penguin Books.
5. What is Amy's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Amy's father now?
2. Why is Amy in a hotel room?
3. What does Amy call her father?
4. What does Hope say Amy thinks it will be the religion of at the house?
5. How old is the youth that writes Lonoff from overseas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
4. How does Amy obtain a copy of "Het Achterhuis?"
5. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
6. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
7. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
8. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
9. Why does Amy want a room with a telephone?
10. What does Zuckerman imagine saying to his family as he sits at breakfast with Amy and the Lonoffs?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)