|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonoff not want to eat a whole thing of?
(a) An egg.
(b) A roll.
(d) A potato.
2. How old is Amy in Chapter 3?
3. Who is Amy looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
4. How does Amy burn her arm where her concentration camp number is?
(a) With an iron.
(b) With the stove.
(c) With a match.
(d) With a pot.
5. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was Amy/Anne supposed to reunite with her family?
2. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
3. What is Hope trying to leave?
4. What theater does Amy go to in Chapter 3?
5. Who is Miss Giddings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Hope think Amy wants to take her place as Lonoff's companion?
3. What does Zuckerman imagine saying to his family as he sits at breakfast with Amy and the Lonoffs?
4. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
5. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
6. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
7. What does Hope come down the stairs with in Chapter 4?
8. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
9. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
10. Why do the women at the play upset Amy?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)