|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lonoff used to look at the mail?
(a) The end of the day.
(c) At breakfast.
2. What does Amy say has to happen "there" in the theater?
(a) The women laugh.
(b) The women yell.
(c) The women cry.
(d) The women scream.
3. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
(a) Amy Bellette.
(b) Anne Frank.
(c) Hope Lonoff.
4. What does Hope say Lonoff loves in Chapter 4?
5. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the royalty check that Lonoff receives in Chapter 4?
2. How long did Amy spend with foster families?
3. What does Amy wrap herself in on the bed in Chapter 3?
4. What does Lonoff think he does too much of in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Amy staying when she calls Lonoff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amy do after leaving the dentist's office where she found the "Time" article?
2. Why does Hope think Amy wants to take her place as Lonoff's companion?
3. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
5. Why do the women at the play upset Amy?
6. Why is Amy not surprised when Zuckerman tells her she looks like Anne Frank?
7. How does Amy obtain a copy of "Het Achterhuis?"
8. Zuckerman notices that Lonoff has also changed at breakfast. To what does Zuckerman attribute the change in Lonoff and Hope?
9. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
10. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)