|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nathan tell Amy she looks like in Chapter 4?
(a) Anne Frank.
2. Where is Amy staying when she calls Lonoff?
(a) Biltmore Hotel.
(b) Drake Hotel.
(c) Palmer House Hotel.
(d) Four Seasons Hotel.
3. Where is Amy when she finds her father?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The library.
(c) The theatre.
(d) The dentist.
4. What does Lonoff not want to eat a whole thing of?
(a) An egg.
(b) A roll.
(c) A potato.
5. What does Hope say Amy thinks it will be the religion of at the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Amy going after breakfast in Chapter 4?
2. What is Hope carrying when she comes down the stairs?
3. Who does Nathan ask to drop him off in town?
4. What time does Lonoff leave his house to drive to New York in Chapter 3?
5. How much interest is Lonoff's money in the bank earning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
2. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
3. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
4. Why is Amy not surprised when Zuckerman tells her she looks like Anne Frank?
5. What significance does Zuckerman see in Amy's wool cap in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
8. How does the diary come to be published?
9. What does Amy realize when she hears the woman say "Oh, no" in the theater?
10. Zuckerman notices that Lonoff has also changed at breakfast. To what does Zuckerman attribute the change in Lonoff and Hope?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)