|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anne's older sister?
2. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
3. What does Amy wrap herself in on the bed in Chapter 3?
(a) A coat.
(b) Lonoff's arms.
(c) The sheets.
(d) A blanket.
4. What did Nathan go the previous night without in Chapter 4?
5. How old is Amy in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Amy staying when she calls Lonoff?
2. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
3. Where is Amy going after breakfast in Chapter 4?
4. What was the first title of the published diary?
5. What frightened Amy about the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amy obtain a copy of "Het Achterhuis?"
2. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
3. What does Zuckerman imagine saying to his family as he sits at breakfast with Amy and the Lonoffs?
4. Why does Amy say she wrote and kept the diary while in hiding?
5. To whom does Zuckerman compare Anne Frank when he is talking to Amy in Chapter 4?
6. What does Amy realize when she hears the woman say "Oh, no" in the theater?
7. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
8. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
9. Why can Zuckerman no longer think of Amy as herself in Chapter 4?
10. How does the diary come to be published?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)