|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Amy going after breakfast in Chapter 4?
(d) New York.
2. What does Amy say Lonoff has been named when she sees the foreign postmark?
(a) A king.
(b) A knight.
(c) A Brahman.
(d) A prince.
3. To what flower does Nathan compare Hope in Chapter 4?
4. What is Amy's father's name?
5. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amy want in the room she runs to after the play?
2. Who does Nathan tell Amy she looks like in Chapter 4?
3. What did the nurses call Amy?
4. What is Hope carrying when she comes down the stairs?
5. Why does Hope apologize to Amy in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
2. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
3. What does Amy believe she has the power to teach through the diary, if she remains dead to everyone?
4. How does the diary come to be published?
5. What does Hope come down the stairs with in Chapter 4?
6. What does Amy realize when she hears the woman say "Oh, no" in the theater?
7. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
8. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
9. How does Amy obtain a copy of "Het Achterhuis?"
10. What does Amy do after leaving the dentist's office where she found the "Time" article?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)