|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
2. How many letters does Lonoff have?
3. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
4. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
(a) Amy Bellette.
(c) Anne Frank.
(d) Hope Lonoff.
5. Where did Amy come to New York from?
(a) Washington, DC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first title of the published diary?
2. How does Amy tell Nathan she missed the war?
3. Why does Hope apologize to Amy in Chapter 4?
4. How long has Lonoff been with Hope?
5. How old is Amy's father now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
3. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
4. Zuckerman notices that Lonoff has also changed at breakfast. To what does Zuckerman attribute the change in Lonoff and Hope?
5. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
6. Why is Amy not surprised when Zuckerman tells her she looks like Anne Frank?
7. What does Amy do after leaving the dentist's office where she found the "Time" article?
8. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
9. Why does Amy say she wrote and kept the diary while in hiding?
10. What does Amy do when she receives the copy of the book?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)