|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did she change her name?
(a) To confuse people.
(b) To get away from her family.
(c) To disguise her identity.
(d) To forget her life.
2. What magazine does Amy see her father in?
(d) Good Housekeeping.
3. What book does Amy get the name Bellette from?
(a) Higher Education.
(b) The Giver.
(d) Little Women.
4. Who does Nathan tell Amy she looks like in Chapter 4?
(b) Anne Frank.
5. Why does Lonoff say Hope is upset?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because she is scared.
(c) Because they had visitors.
(d) Because she is jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lonoff's overseas letter come from?
2. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
3. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
4. Where does Hope say she is going?
5. What does Hope say the house will turn into if Lonoff gets a secretary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
2. What does Amy do when she receives the copy of the book?
3. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
4. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
5. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
6. What does Amy believe she has the power to teach through the diary, if she remains dead to everyone?
7. What does Amy do after leaving the dentist's office where she found the "Time" article?
8. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
9. Why does Amy want a room with a telephone?
10. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)