|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hope say the house will turn into if Lonoff gets a secretary?
(a) An amusement park.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) JFK Airport.
(d) Union Station.
2. What disease did most people in the camps die of, according to Amy?
3. How old is Amy in Chapter 3?
4. What is Hope carrying when she comes down the stairs?
(a) An overnight bag.
(b) A book.
(c) Amy's clothes.
(d) Her purse.
5. What does Amy say has to happen "there" in the theater?
(a) The women yell.
(b) The women laugh.
(c) The women cry.
(d) The women scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amy tell Nathan she missed the war?
2. Who slams the bedroom door in Chapter 4?
3. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
4. How many times does Amy read the diary?
5. What time does Lonoff leave his house to drive to New York in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the diary come to be published?
2. How does Amy obtain a copy of "Het Achterhuis?"
3. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
4. What significance does Zuckerman see in Amy's wool cap in Chapter 4?
5. Zuckerman notices that Lonoff has also changed at breakfast. To what does Zuckerman attribute the change in Lonoff and Hope?
6. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
7. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
8. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
9. What does Amy do after leaving the dentist's office where she found the "Time" article?
10. Why is Amy not surprised when Zuckerman tells her she looks like Anne Frank?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)