|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lonoff used to look at the mail?
(b) At breakfast.
(d) The end of the day.
2. What is Amy's father's name?
3. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
(a) His wife.
(b) His boredom.
(c) His writing.
(d) His mistress.
4. What disease did most people in the camps die of, according to Amy?
5. What does Amy wrap herself in on the bed in Chapter 3?
(a) The sheets.
(b) A coat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Lonoff's arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hope call Amy in Chapter 4?
2. Who slams the bedroom door in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Hope apologize to Amy in Chapter 4?
4. What color is Hope's coat?
5. What time does the first bus north arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
2. How does the diary come to be published?
3. Why does Amy make marks in her copy of Anne Frank's diary?
4. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
5. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
6. What does Hope come down the stairs with in Chapter 4?
7. What does Amy realize when she hears the woman say "Oh, no" in the theater?
8. Why can Zuckerman no longer think of Amy as herself in Chapter 4?
9. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
10. Why does Hope tell Lonoff that he does not want her to leave?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)