|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Amy in a hotel room?
(a) She is in hiding.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is sleeping.
2. In what month were the Franks' whereabouts betrayed?
3. What theater does Amy go to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Rialto Theatre.
(b) The Steppenwolf Theatre.
(c) The Paramount Theatre.
(d) The Cort Theatre.
4. What magazine does Amy see her father in?
(d) Good Housekeeping.
5. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slams the bedroom door in Chapter 4?
2. What color is Amy's wool cap?
3. What does Lonoff think he does too much of in Chapter 4?
4. How much interest is Lonoff's money in the bank earning?
5. How does Amy tell Nathan she missed the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amy find out about her father, according to the story in Chapter 3?
2. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
3. What does Amy believe she has the power to teach through the diary, if she remains dead to everyone?
4. According to Chapter 3, why does Lonoff drive to New York in the middle of the night?
5. What does Amy fear Lonoff will think about her after she tells him her story in Chapter 3?
6. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Amy want a room with a telephone?
8. To whom does Zuckerman compare Anne Frank when he is talking to Amy in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Hope storm out of the kitchen in Chapter 4?
10. What significance does Zuckerman see in Amy's wool cap in Chapter 4?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)