|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
2. What religion are Lonoff and Nathan?
3. What does Chaya mean?
4. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) His father.
(b) Judge Wapter.
(c) His mother.
5. What is playing in Hope's kitchen?
(a) A phonograph.
(b) A tape player.
(c) A CD player.
(d) A Mixmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathan's family eat at Sunday brunch?
2. Where does Lonoff tell Nathan that Amy is from?
3. Who does Teddy tell Nathan's father that Nathan does not like?
4. What college did Nathan attend?
5. What type of suit is the "great man" wearing in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zuckerman's first reading of Lonoff's work show him about his own life?
2. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
3. What is Zuckerman carrying in his briefcase that he takes to Lonoff's house?
4. What response does Zuckerman get when he mentions Lonoff's name at a publishing party?
5. Describe the girl-woman Zuckerman sees at Lonoff's house in Chapter 1.
6. Describe the Zuckerman family's typical Sunday brunch.
7. How does Zuckerman convince Lonoff to meet with him?
8. How does Zuckerman's father think the "Higher Education" story will be perceived if it is published?
9. Why does Zuckerman begin writing down the names of everything on Lonoff's bookshelves in his study?
10. Why does Lonoff ask Zuckerman to call him Manny?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)