|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonoff leave at home during Sunday walks?
(a) His sweater.
(b) His watch.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His dog.
2. What Norwegian writer is referenced in the letter?
(c) Henrik Ibsen.
3. Where did Nathan get accepted to spend the winter months when he was younger?
(a) Church camp.
(b) Quahsay Colony.
(c) Mormon camp.
(d) Amish colony.
4. What do Lonoff's friends call him?
5. To what animal does Nathan's father compare Sidney?
(a) A dog.
(b) An ape.
(c) A horse.
(d) A duck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
2. What is the title of Nathan's story?
3. Who calls for Lonoff in Chapter 1?
4. What publication writes a blurb about Nathan?
5. How many daughters does Lonoff have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the trouble between Zuckerman and his father begin, according to Zuckerman in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Zuckerman read Henry James' "The Middle Years" twice in one night?
3. How does Zuckerman come to Quahsay?
4. What is surprising to Zuckerman about the typewriter in Lonoff's study?
5. Why does Lonoff ask Zuckerman to call him Manny?
6. What does Zuckerman's father not like about the "Higher Education" story?
7. Describe Lonoff's living room as Zuckerman sees it in Chapter 1.
8. Why do the Wapters include a list of questions in their response to Zuckerman's "Higher Education" story?
9. What does Zuckerman tell Lonoff when he asks Zuckerman about his life in Chapter 1?
10. What does Zuckerman's first reading of Lonoff's work show him about his own life?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)