|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lonoff offer to let Nathan sleep?
(a) The den.
(b) The car.
(c) The study.
(d) The master bedroom.
2. What Norwegian writer is referenced in the letter?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
3. What do the college boys call the overseer?
(a) God's Moses.
(b) Jesus' Moses.
(c) Moses' Moses.
(d) Mammon's Moses.
4. Who can play Chopin well?
5. Where do some people think Lonoff was writing from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Middle Years"?
2. How often do the buses stop at Elizabeth Ave?
3. What year is it in Chapter 1?
4. Who does Nathan try to write a letter to in Lonoff's study?
5. Where is Judge Wapter's wife from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zuckerman's father think the "Higher Education" story will be perceived if it is published?
2. Why do the Wapters include a list of questions in their response to Zuckerman's "Higher Education" story?
3. Describe the Zuckerman family's typical Sunday brunch.
4. Why is Zuckerman surprised when Lonoff says nothing happens to him during their conversation in Chapter 1?
5. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
6. What response does Zuckerman get when he mentions Lonoff's name at a publishing party?
7. Why does Zuckerman contact Lonoff?
8. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
9. How does Zuckerman react to the decor in Lonoff's home?
10. How does the trouble between Zuckerman and his father begin, according to Zuckerman in Chapter 2?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)