|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the overseer at Nathan's day job?
2. What type of philosophy does Lonoff have an abundance of?
3. How does Nathan want his parents to feel about him when he sends them the story?
4. To what animal does Nathan compare his parents?
5. Who can play Chopin well?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
2. Who is Meema Chaya?
3. Where is the postcard on Lonoff's desk from?
4. What year is it in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Lonoff have different colored paper on his desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Zuckerman surprised when Lonoff says nothing happens to him during their conversation in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Zuckerman begin writing down the names of everything on Lonoff's bookshelves in his study?
3. Describe the Zuckerman family's typical Sunday brunch.
4. How does the trouble between Zuckerman and his father begin, according to Zuckerman in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Zuckerman skeptical of the party-goers' analysis of Lonoff?
6. What is Zuckerman carrying in his briefcase that he takes to Lonoff's house?
7. What does Zuckerman think might be a good idea for a writer based on the reactions of the New York party-goers at the publishing party?
8. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
9. What response does Zuckerman get when he mentions Lonoff's name at a publishing party?
10. Why does Zuckerman read Henry James' "The Middle Years" twice in one night?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)