|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the watercolor paintings in the living room of?
(a) An old farmhouse.
(c) A dog.
(d) The ocean.
2. Where did Nathan and his brother go to watch prize fights?
(a) United Center.
(b) Laurel Garden.
(c) Coney Island.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
3. What is the title of Nathan's story?
(a) Higher Education.
(b) The Ghost Writer.
(c) Aspects of the Novel.
(d) The Middle Years.
4. How old is the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. How does Nathan want his parents to feel about him when he sends them the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lonoff leave at home during Sunday walks?
2. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
3. Where does the narrator go at the beginning of the book?
4. How many pages is "Higher Education"?
5. Where is Judge Wapter's wife from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zuckerman think might be a good idea for a writer based on the reactions of the New York party-goers at the publishing party?
2. What does Zuckerman's first reading of Lonoff's work show him about his own life?
3. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
4. Why is Zuckerman skeptical of the party-goers' analysis of Lonoff?
5. Why is Zuckerman surprised when Lonoff says nothing happens to him during their conversation in Chapter 1?
6. What does Zuckerman's father not like about the "Higher Education" story?
7. How does Zuckerman describe a typical Lonoff hero?
8. How does Zuckerman's father think the "Higher Education" story will be perceived if it is published?
9. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
10. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)