|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nathan go to be interviewed for his college admissions letter?
(a) His uncle's house.
(b) University of Chicago.
(c) Essex County Courthouse.
(d) Police station.
2. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
(a) Note cards and pictures.
(b) A calendar and note cards.
(c) A calendar and music.
(d) Pictures and a calendar.
3. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Judge Wapter.
4. Who is Meema Chaya?
(a) Nathan's grandmother.
(b) Nathan's cousin.
(c) Nathan's aunt.
(d) Nathan's great-aunt.
5. What does Nathan's father say people read about instead of reading art?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in Chapter 1?
2. What is Nathan's father's occupation?
3. What is the title of Nathan's story?
4. Where does the narrator live?
5. How long was Lonoff in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What response does Zuckerman get when he mentions Lonoff's name at a publishing party?
2. Why does Lonoff ask Zuckerman to call him Manny?
3. What significance does Zuckerman see in Amy's wool cap in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Zuckerman say he stays up in Lonoff's study?
5. Why does Amy get up from the table to leave in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Zuckerman read Henry James' "The Middle Years" twice in one night?
7. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
8. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
9. Why does Zuckerman begin writing down the names of everything on Lonoff's bookshelves in his study?
10. Why does Zuckerman's father go to Judge Leopold Wapter with the "Higher Education" story?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)