|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Nathan attend?
(a) University of Chicago.
(b) University of Indiana.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) University of Illinois.
2. What do Lonoff's friends call him?
3. How long is Nathan's short story that he references in Chapter 2?
(a) 15,000 words.
(b) 15,000 pages.
(c) 10,00 words.
(d) 20,000 words.
4. Who is Meema Chaya?
(a) Nathan's grandmother.
(b) Nathan's aunt.
(c) Nathan's cousin.
(d) Nathan's great-aunt.
5. What does Lonoff say he turns all day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the overseer at Nathan's day job?
2. What is Nathan's father's occupation?
3. What does Chaya mean?
4. How many children do the Lonoffs have?
5. What writer does Nathan connect to Lonoff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zuckerman think might be a good idea for a writer based on the reactions of the New York party-goers at the publishing party?
2. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
3. Why do the Wapters include a list of questions in their response to Zuckerman's "Higher Education" story?
4. Why does Lonoff ask Zuckerman to call him Manny?
5. How does Zuckerman's father think the "Higher Education" story will be perceived if it is published?
6. What is Zuckerman carrying in his briefcase that he takes to Lonoff's house?
7. Describe the man Nathan Zuckerman meets in the beginning of Chapter 1.
8. How does Zuckerman convince Lonoff to meet with him?
9. How does Zuckerman describe a typical Lonoff hero?
10. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)