|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a college admissions letter for Nathan?
(b) Judge Wapter.
(c) Doctor Zuckerman.
2. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
(a) A calendar and music.
(b) Pictures and a calendar.
(c) A calendar and note cards.
(d) Note cards and pictures.
3. What is the subject of the paper Nathan takes with him on his interview?
(b) Declaration of Independence.
(c) International Relations.
(d) Balfour Declaration.
4. Who can play Chopin well?
5. What type of philosophy does Lonoff have an abundance of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of suit is the "great man" wearing in Chapter 1?
2. In the quote in Lonoff's study, "the rest is the madness of" what?
3. What do Nathan's parents listen to on the radio on Sundays?
4. What college did Nathan attend?
5. Where does Amy work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zuckerman's father not like about the "Higher Education" story?
2. Why does Zuckerman's mother call Quahsay?
3. Describe Lonoff's living room as Zuckerman sees it in Chapter 1.
4. How does Zuckerman react to the decor in Lonoff's home?
5. Why does Zuckerman contact Lonoff?
6. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
7. Why is Zuckerman surprised when Lonoff says nothing happens to him during their conversation in Chapter 1?
8. What does Zuckerman's first reading of Lonoff's work show him about his own life?
9. What is Zuckerman carrying in his briefcase that he takes to Lonoff's house?
10. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)