|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book contains the only photograph of Lonoff?
(a) Higher Education.
(b) It's your Funeral.
(c) When She Was Good.
(d) The Ghost Writer.
2. To what animal does Nathan compare his parents?
3. What does Lonoff say he turns all day?
4. Where does Lonoff tell Nathan that Amy is from?
5. How old was Amy when she wrote to Lonoff?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nathan's girlfriend characterizes his apartment as the home of what?
2. Where do some people think Lonoff was writing from?
3. In the quote in Lonoff's study, "the rest is the madness of" what?
4. Why does Lonoff have different colored paper on his desk?
5. What is the title of Nathan's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
2. Why does Zuckerman's mother call Quahsay?
3. Describe the girl-woman Zuckerman sees at Lonoff's house in Chapter 1.
4. Why is Amy not surprised when Zuckerman tells her she looks like Anne Frank?
5. What does Amy realize when she hears the woman say "Oh, no" in the theater?
6. How does Zuckerman describe a typical Lonoff hero?
7. How does the diary come to be published?
8. How does Amy obtain a copy of "Het Achterhuis?"
9. To whom does Zuckerman compare Anne Frank when he is talking to Amy in Chapter 4?
10. What does Zuckerman's father not like about the "Higher Education" story?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)