|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nathan try to write a letter to in Lonoff's study?
(c) His father.
2. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the overseer at Nathan's day job?
4. Why does Lonoff have different colored paper on his desk?
(a) For different stories.
(b) For different subjects.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) For different drafts.
5. Where does Lonoff offer to let Nathan sleep?
(a) The study.
(b) The den.
(c) The master bedroom.
(d) The car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the postcard on Lonoff's desk from?
2. What religion are Lonoff and Nathan?
3. What poet does Chopin's work get compared to in Lonoff's study?
4. What type of philosophy does Lonoff have an abundance of?
5. How often do the buses stop at Elizabeth Ave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zuckerman's mother call Quahsay?
2. What does Zuckerman tell Lonoff when he asks Zuckerman about his life in Chapter 1?
3. Why do the Wapters include a list of questions in their response to Zuckerman's "Higher Education" story?
4. How does Zuckerman describe a typical Lonoff hero?
5. How does Zuckerman come to Quahsay?
6. What is surprising to Zuckerman about the typewriter in Lonoff's study?
7. What response does Zuckerman get when he mentions Lonoff's name at a publishing party?
8. Why does Zuckerman say he stays up in Lonoff's study?
9. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
10. Why does Zuckerman contact Lonoff?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)