|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in Chapter 1?
2. In the quote in Lonoff's study, "the rest is the madness of" what?
3. What kind of car does Amy drive?
4. What do Lonoff's friends call him?
5. Who is Meema Chaya?
(a) Nathan's cousin.
(b) Nathan's aunt.
(c) Nathan's grandmother.
(d) Nathan's great-aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is playing in Hope's kitchen?
2. Where does Lonoff offer to let Nathan sleep?
3. Who wrote "The Middle Years"?
4. What publication writes a blurb about Nathan?
5. Who is Betsy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zuckerman describe a typical Lonoff hero?
2. What is Zuckerman carrying in his briefcase that he takes to Lonoff's house?
3. Describe the Zuckerman family's typical Sunday brunch.
4. How does Zuckerman's father think the "Higher Education" story will be perceived if it is published?
5. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
6. According to the story in Chapter 3, why does Amy take a new name?
7. Why does Lonoff ask Zuckerman to call him Manny?
8. What does Zuckerman's first reading of Lonoff's work show him about his own life?
9. Why can Zuckerman no longer think of Amy as herself in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Hope think she has embarrassed Amy in Chapter 4?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)