|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. What religion are Lonoff and Nathan?
3. What does Lonoff say he turns all day?
4. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) Judge Wapter.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
5. What type of Jew is Judge Wapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Middle Years"?
2. What award did Lonoff's sixth book win?
3. How is Nathan getting to New York from his parents' house?
4. In the quote in Lonoff's study, "the rest is the madness of" what?
5. Who writes a college admissions letter for Nathan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
2. What is surprising to Zuckerman about the typewriter in Lonoff's study?
3. Describe the man Nathan Zuckerman meets in the beginning of Chapter 1.
4. Why does Zuckerman begin writing a letter to his father as he sits in Lonoff's study?
5. Why does Zuckerman's mother call Quahsay?
6. Describe the Zuckerman family's typical Sunday brunch.
7. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
8. Describe the girl-woman Zuckerman sees at Lonoff's house in Chapter 1.
9. What is Zuckerman carrying in his briefcase that he takes to Lonoff's house?
10. How does Zuckerman come to Quahsay?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)