|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does Chopin's work get compared to in Lonoff's study?
2. How often do the buses stop at Elizabeth Ave?
(a) Every hour.
(b) Every 15 minutes.
(c) Every 2 hours.
(d) Every half-hour.
3. Who is Meema Chaya?
(a) Nathan's great-aunt.
(b) Nathan's grandmother.
(c) Nathan's aunt.
(d) Nathan's cousin.
4. What college are the twins supposed to graduate from in Nathan's story?
(a) University of Chicago.
(b) Athene College.
5. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the neighbors call Nathan's father?
2. Where does the narrator live?
3. Which branch of the military did the narrator serve in?
4. Where does Amy work?
5. What does Lonoff say he turns all day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the girl-woman Zuckerman sees at Lonoff's house in Chapter 1.
2. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
3. How does Zuckerman react to the decor in Lonoff's home?
4. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
5. What is surprising to Zuckerman about the typewriter in Lonoff's study?
6. Describe Lonoff's living room as Zuckerman sees it in Chapter 1.
7. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
8. Why is Zuckerman surprised when Lonoff says nothing happens to him during their conversation in Chapter 1?
9. Describe the Zuckerman family's typical Sunday brunch.
10. Why is Zuckerman skeptical of the party-goers' analysis of Lonoff?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)