|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book contains the only photograph of Lonoff?
(a) It's your Funeral.
(b) When She Was Good.
(c) Higher Education.
(d) The Ghost Writer.
2. Where does the narrator live?
(c) Lower Broadway.
(d) Long Island.
3. How many pages is "Higher Education"?
(a) 75 pages.
(b) 50 pages.
(c) 100 pages.
(d) 30 pages.
4. Who is Nathan's father's moral mentor?
(a) Otto Frank.
(b) Judge Wapter.
(c) Father Quahsay.
5. How many questions for Nathan are included with the letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Nathan attend?
2. What college are the twins supposed to graduate from in Nathan's story?
3. What poet does Chopin's work get compared to in Lonoff's study?
4. Who writes a college admissions letter for Nathan?
5. Nathan's girlfriend characterizes his apartment as the home of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is surprising to Zuckerman about the typewriter in Lonoff's study?
2. Describe the Zuckerman family's typical Sunday brunch.
3. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
4. Why is Zuckerman skeptical of the party-goers' analysis of Lonoff?
5. Why does Zuckerman read Henry James' "The Middle Years" twice in one night?
6. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
7. Why does Zuckerman contact Lonoff?
8. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
9. How does the trouble between Zuckerman and his father begin, according to Zuckerman in Chapter 2?
10. Why does Zuckerman say he stays up in Lonoff's study?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)