|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
2. What type of alcohol do Lonoff and Nathan drink after dinner?
3. How old is the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Who is Meema Chaya?
(a) Nathan's cousin.
(b) Nathan's great-aunt.
(c) Nathan's grandmother.
(d) Nathan's aunt.
5. Who does Nathan try to write a letter to in Lonoff's study?
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nathan's parents listen to on the radio on Sundays?
2. What is Hope's Moscow, according to Lonoff?
3. What writer does Nathan connect to Lonoff?
4. Who calls for Lonoff in Chapter 1?
5. What poet does Chopin's work get compared to in Lonoff's study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zuckerman say he stays up in Lonoff's study?
2. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
3. Why does Zuckerman contact Lonoff?
4. What does Zuckerman's father not like about the "Higher Education" story?
5. Why does Zuckerman read Henry James' "The Middle Years" twice in one night?
6. How does the trouble between Zuckerman and his father begin, according to Zuckerman in Chapter 2?
7. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
8. What is Zuckerman carrying in his briefcase that he takes to Lonoff's house?
9. Why does Zuckerman begin writing a letter to his father as he sits in Lonoff's study?
10. How does Zuckerman react to the decor in Lonoff's home?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)