|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator go at the beginning of the book?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Adirondacks.
(c) The Appalachians.
(d) The Berkshires.
2. What does Chaya mean?
3. How many years are there between Lonoff's first book and his sixth book?
4. What book contains the only photograph of Lonoff?
(a) The Ghost Writer.
(b) It's your Funeral.
(c) When She Was Good.
(d) Higher Education.
5. Where do some people think Lonoff was writing from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Nathan attend?
2. What kind of validation does Nathan want from Lonoff?
3. What play does the letter suggest Nathan see?
4. What writer does Nathan connect to Lonoff?
5. What does Nathan stare at, in Lonoff's study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
2. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
3. Why does Zuckerman say he stays up in Lonoff's study?
4. What does Zuckerman think might be a good idea for a writer based on the reactions of the New York party-goers at the publishing party?
5. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
6. Describe the girl-woman Zuckerman sees at Lonoff's house in Chapter 1.
7. Why is Zuckerman skeptical of the party-goers' analysis of Lonoff?
8. What response does Zuckerman get when he mentions Lonoff's name at a publishing party?
9. Describe Lonoff's living room as Zuckerman sees it in Chapter 1.
10. Why does Zuckerman's mother call Quahsay?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)