|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college are the twins supposed to graduate from in Nathan's story?
(a) Athene College.
(b) University of Chicago.
2. What poet does Chopin's work get compared to in Lonoff's study?
3. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
(a) E.I. Lonoff.
(b) Otto Frank.
(c) Nathan Zuckerman.
(d) Dr. Zuckerman.
4. What kind of car does Amy drive?
5. What does Chaya mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What coursework is Nathan's brother completing?
2. What does Betsy do for her art?
3. What does Nathan stare at, in Lonoff's study?
4. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
5. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
2. What does Zuckerman's father not like about the "Higher Education" story?
3. Describe Lonoff's living room as Zuckerman sees it in Chapter 1.
4. Describe the man Nathan Zuckerman meets in the beginning of Chapter 1.
5. Why does Zuckerman read Henry James' "The Middle Years" twice in one night?
6. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
7. How does Zuckerman react to the decor in Lonoff's home?
8. Why does Lonoff ask Zuckerman to call him Manny?
9. Why do the Wapters include a list of questions in their response to Zuckerman's "Higher Education" story?
10. Why does Zuckerman's father go to Judge Leopold Wapter with the "Higher Education" story?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)