|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
2. To what animal does Nathan compare his parents?
3. Who writes a letter to Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) Hope Lonoff.
(b) Judge Wapter.
(d) His mother.
4. How old was Amy when she wrote to Lonoff?
5. What month does the narrator reference in the opening of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of typewriter does Lonoff have?
2. What does Lonoff say he turns all day?
3. How old is the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How many daughters does Lonoff have?
5. How many drafts of one short story does Amy find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zuckerman think might be a good idea for a writer based on the reactions of the New York party-goers at the publishing party?
2. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
3. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
4. What does Zuckerman's father not like about the "Higher Education" story?
5. What is Zuckerman carrying in his briefcase that he takes to Lonoff's house?
6. Why does Zuckerman contact Lonoff?
7. How does Zuckerman convince Lonoff to meet with him?
8. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
9. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
10. Why does Zuckerman's mother call Quahsay?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)