|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Amy drive?
2. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) His mother.
(b) Judge Wapter.
(d) His father.
3. Who is Nathan's father's moral mentor?
(a) Father Quahsay.
(c) Otto Frank.
(d) Judge Wapter.
4. What award did Lonoff's sixth book win?
(a) Pulitzer Prize.
(b) Caldecott Award.
(c) National Book Award.
(d) Newberry Award.
5. What does Amy call Lonoff?
(d) Mr. Lonoff.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Nathan read "The Middle Years"?
2. What does Nathan's father say people read about instead of reading art?
3. What battleship was Sidney on, according to Nathan's story?
4. Where did the narrator grow up?
5. What school does Lonoff teach at?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zuckerman convince Lonoff to meet with him?
2. What does Zuckerman's first reading of Lonoff's work show him about his own life?
3. What is surprising to Zuckerman about the typewriter in Lonoff's study?
4. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
5. What does Zuckerman think might be a good idea for a writer based on the reactions of the New York party-goers at the publishing party?
6. What does Zuckerman tell Lonoff when he asks Zuckerman about his life in Chapter 1?
7. Why does Zuckerman's mother call Quahsay?
8. Why does Zuckerman begin writing a letter to his father as he sits in Lonoff's study?
9. Why does Lonoff ask Zuckerman to call him Manny?
10. Why does Zuckerman contact Lonoff?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)