|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lonoff tell Nathan that Amy is from?
2. What award did Lonoff's sixth book win?
(a) Newberry Award.
(b) National Book Award.
(c) Caldecott Award.
(d) Pulitzer Prize.
3. What does Nathan's family eat at Sunday brunch?
(a) Smoked fish and potatoes.
(b) Warm rolls and turkey.
(c) Ham and beans.
(d) Smoked fish and warm rolls.
4. What do the neighbors call Nathan's father?
5. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
(a) E.I. Lonoff.
(b) Otto Frank.
(c) Nathan Zuckerman.
(d) Dr. Zuckerman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betsy do for her art?
2. What month does the narrator reference in the opening of Chapter 1?
3. Where does the narrator go at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Lonoff say he turns all day?
5. To what animal does Nathan's father compare Sidney?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zuckerman say he stays up in Lonoff's study?
2. Why does Lonoff ask Zuckerman to call him Manny?
3. Why is Zuckerman skeptical of the party-goers' analysis of Lonoff?
4. What does Zuckerman think might be a good idea for a writer based on the reactions of the New York party-goers at the publishing party?
5. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
6. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
7. What response does Zuckerman get when he mentions Lonoff's name at a publishing party?
8. Why do the Wapters include a list of questions in their response to Zuckerman's "Higher Education" story?
9. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
10. Why does Zuckerman's father say everyone stopped by on the Sunday Zuckerman was home before leaving for Quahsay?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)