|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Sidney teach Nathan and his brother?
(a) Rolling dice.
2. Where did Nathan get accepted to spend the winter months when he was younger?
(a) Amish colony.
(b) Church camp.
(c) Mormon camp.
(d) Quahsay Colony.
3. Which branch of the military did the narrator serve in?
(b) National Guard.
4. Where did the narrator grow up?
(a) New York.
(c) Coney Island.
5. What is the title of Nathan's story?
(a) The Middle Years.
(b) Higher Education.
(c) Aspects of the Novel.
(d) The Ghost Writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
2. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
3. What does Nathan's family eat at Sunday brunch?
4. How many questions for Nathan are included with the letter?
5. Who is Meema Chaya?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zuckerman describe a typical Lonoff hero?
2. What is Zuckerman carrying in his briefcase that he takes to Lonoff's house?
3. How does Zuckerman convince Lonoff to meet with him?
4. Why is Zuckerman skeptical of the party-goers' analysis of Lonoff?
5. How does Zuckerman react to the decor in Lonoff's home?
6. What is pinned to the bulletin board in Lonoff's office?
7. Describe Lonoff's living room as Zuckerman sees it in Chapter 1.
8. How does Zuckerman's father think the "Higher Education" story will be perceived if it is published?
9. What is one of the most admirable things about Lonoff for Zuckerman?
10. What earlier connection does Zuckerman have to Judge Wapter?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)