|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) Judge Wapter.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. What award did Lonoff's sixth book win?
(a) National Book Award.
(b) Pulitzer Prize.
(c) Caldecott Award.
(d) Newberry Award.
3. What does Nathan's father say people read about instead of reading art?
4. Where does Lonoff offer to let Nathan sleep?
(a) The den.
(b) The car.
(c) The study.
(d) The master bedroom.
5. How many times does Nathan read "The Middle Years"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nathan want his parents to feel about him when he sends them the story?
2. What does Amy call Lonoff?
3. Who wrote "The Middle Years"?
4. What does Lonoff say he turns all day?
5. How old is the house, according to the narrator, in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is surprising to Zuckerman about the typewriter in Lonoff's study?
2. What does Zuckerman think might be a good idea for a writer based on the reactions of the New York party-goers at the publishing party?
3. Describe Lonoff's living room as Zuckerman sees it in Chapter 1.
4. What does Zuckerman notice has happened to Hope at breakfast the next morning?
5. Why does Zuckerman begin writing down the names of everything on Lonoff's bookshelves in his study?
6. Why does Lonoff say he threw out an old razor blade that morning in Chapter 4?
7. How does Zuckerman react to the decor in Lonoff's home?
8. Why is Zuckerman skeptical of the party-goers' analysis of Lonoff?
9. What does Hope come down the stairs with in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Zuckerman contact Lonoff?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)