|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amy wrap herself in on the bed in Chapter 3?
(a) The sheets.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A coat.
(d) Lonoff's arms.
2. What color is Amy's wool cap?
3. In what country was Amy/Anne supposed to reunite with her family?
(b) New Zealand.
4. What theater does Amy go to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Steppenwolf Theatre.
(b) The Paramount Theatre.
(c) The Rialto Theatre.
(d) The Cort Theatre.
5. What is Hope trying to leave?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her teachers.
6. How many times does Amy read the diary?
7. To what flower does Nathan compare Hope in Chapter 4?
8. How long did it take the family to be transported to Auschwitz?
(a) Two days and two nights.
(b) Two days and three nights.
(c) Three days and two nights.
(d) Three days and three nights.
9. How old is Amy in Chapter 3?
10. How much is the royalty check that Lonoff receives in Chapter 4?
(a) 4 dollars.
(b) 45 dollars.
(c) 50 dollars.
(d) 450 dollars.
11. How long does it take Amy to get the diary?
(a) Four months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Five months.
12. How long did Amy spend with foster families?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
13. What does Hope call Amy in Chapter 4?
(a) Home wrecker.
(d) Secret lover.
14. Who is Amy looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
15. When did Amy change her name from Anne to Amy?
(a) After the war.
(b) When she was born.
(c) At the theatre.
(d) Before the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lonoff say Hope is upset?
2. What does Amy say Lonoff has been named when she sees the foreign postmark?
3. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
4. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
5. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)