|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amy get a copy of the diary from?
(a) Penguin Books.
(b) Conde Nast.
(c) Pilgrim International Bookshop.
(d) Hearst Publications.
2. How much interest is Lonoff's money in the bank earning?
(a) Five percent.
(c) Two percent.
(d) Three percent.
3. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
4. What does Hope say Lonoff loves in Chapter 4?
5. What time does Lonoff leave his house to drive to New York in Chapter 3?
(a) 7 pm.
(d) 10 pm.
6. What is Hope trying to leave?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her teachers.
7. What does Amy say Lonoff has been named when she sees the foreign postmark?
(a) A prince.
(b) A king.
(c) A Brahman.
(d) A knight.
8. What does Lonoff throw out in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) His typewriter.
(b) His paper.
(c) His razor blade.
(d) His clothes.
9. Why did she change her name?
(a) To forget her life.
(b) To get away from her family.
(c) To disguise her identity.
(d) To confuse people.
10. How long did it take the family to be transported to Auschwitz?
(a) Two days and three nights.
(b) Three days and two nights.
(c) Two days and two nights.
(d) Three days and three nights.
11. Where is Amy when she finds her father?
(a) The theatre.
(b) The library.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The dentist.
12. Who does Nathan tell Amy she looks like in Chapter 4?
(d) Anne Frank.
13. What disease did most people in the camps die of, according to Amy?
14. How far is Lonoff behind schedule in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) An hour.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
15. Where do people think Anne died?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what flower does Nathan compare Hope in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Nathan want to stay after Lonoff leaves the room in Chapter 4?
3. In what month did Amy/Anne last see her mother?
4. What play has Amy come to New York to see?
5. Who is Miss Giddings?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)