|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Lonoff been with Hope?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. Why is Amy in a hotel room?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is in hiding.
(d) She is tired.
3. How many books does Lonoff have on the paperback book racks?
4. Where did Amy come to New York from?
(a) Washington, DC.
5. What does Lonoff throw out in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) His razor blade.
(b) His typewriter.
(c) His paper.
(d) His clothes.
6. To what flower does Nathan compare Hope in Chapter 4?
7. When did Amy change her name from Anne to Amy?
(a) When she was born.
(b) Before the war.
(c) At the theatre.
(d) After the war.
8. What does Hope call Amy in Chapter 4?
(a) Secret lover.
(d) Home wrecker.
9. How many letters does Lonoff have?
10. Where is Amy when she finds her father?
(a) The theatre.
(b) The dentist.
(c) The library.
(d) The doctor.
11. How long has Amy's father thought her to be dead in Chapter 3?
(a) Four years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
12. How many floors up is Amy in the hotel?
13. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His writing.
(d) His boredom.
14. Who is Anne's older sister?
15. Who is Amy looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amy want in the room she runs to after the play?
2. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
3. What color is Hope's coat?
4. Why does Lonoff say Hope is upset?
5. What time does the first bus north arrive?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)