|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does Amy see her father in?
(c) Good Housekeeping.
2. What does Amy say has to happen "there" in the theater?
(a) The women scream.
(b) The women laugh.
(c) The women cry.
(d) The women yell.
3. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
4. What does Amy call her father?
5. Where does Amy get a copy of the diary from?
(a) Pilgrim International Bookshop.
(b) Conde Nast.
(c) Penguin Books.
(d) Hearst Publications.
6. In what country was Amy/Anne supposed to reunite with her family?
(b) New Zealand.
7. What does Amy say Lonoff has been named when she sees the foreign postmark?
(a) A Brahman.
(b) A king.
(c) A knight.
(d) A prince.
8. What is Amy's father's name?
9. In what month did Amy/Anne last see her mother?
10. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
11. How many letters does Lonoff have?
12. What did Amy want in the room she runs to after the play?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) A table.
(c) A television.
(d) A telephone.
13. How old is Amy in Chapter 3?
14. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
(a) His boredom.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His writing.
(d) His wife.
15. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Amy read the diary?
2. How old is Amy's father now?
3. How much interest is Lonoff's money in the bank earning?
4. Why did she change her name?
5. How long has Lonoff been with Hope?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)