|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Amy in a hotel room?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She is in hiding.
2. Who does Nathan ask to drop him off in town?
(b) No one.
3. What color is Hope's coat?
4. How many countries does Lonoff have publishers in?
5. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
6. How does Amy burn her arm where her concentration camp number is?
(a) With an iron.
(b) With a match.
(c) With a pot.
(d) With the stove.
7. How long did Amy spend with foster families?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three years.
8. Where does Amy get a copy of the diary from?
(a) Conde Nast.
(b) Penguin Books.
(c) Hearst Publications.
(d) Pilgrim International Bookshop.
9. When did Amy change her name from Anne to Amy?
(a) When she was born.
(b) Before the war.
(c) After the war.
(d) At the theatre.
10. How long did it take the family to be transported to Auschwitz?
(a) Three days and three nights.
(b) Three days and two nights.
(c) Two days and two nights.
(d) Two days and three nights.
11. What does Amy say she has to be to everyone?
12. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
(a) Amy Bellette.
(b) Hope Lonoff.
(d) Anne Frank.
13. How long was Amy in a coma?
14. To what writer does Nathan compare Anne Frank?
(d) No one.
15. How many people were together in the attic rooms in the Amsterdam building?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Amy's father thought her to be dead in Chapter 3?
2. What song is Lonoff humming when he comes to breakfast in Chapter 4?
3. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
4. What does Lonoff not want to eat a whole thing of?
5. How many books does Lonoff have on the paperback book racks?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)