|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anne's older sister?
2. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
3. What time does the first bus north arrive?
(b) 10:15 am.
(c) 9:45 am.
(d) 11:20 am.
4. Where does Hope say she is going?
5. What does Hope tell Lonoff he is frightened to lose?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His boredom.
(d) His writing.
6. What does Hope say the house will turn into if Lonoff gets a secretary?
(a) Union Station.
(b) An amusement park.
(c) JFK Airport.
(d) Grand Central Station.
7. Where is Amy staying when she calls Lonoff?
(a) Palmer House Hotel.
(b) Biltmore Hotel.
(c) Drake Hotel.
(d) Four Seasons Hotel.
8. How far is Lonoff behind schedule in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) Two hours.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) An hour.
9. What theater does Amy go to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Paramount Theatre.
(b) The Cort Theatre.
(c) The Steppenwolf Theatre.
(d) The Rialto Theatre.
10. Where is Amy when she finds her father?
(a) The dentist.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The library.
(d) The theatre.
11. What does Amy say Lonoff has been named when she sees the foreign postmark?
(a) A king.
(b) A Brahman.
(c) A prince.
(d) A knight.
12. How old is Amy in Chapter 3?
13. Where is Amy going after breakfast in Chapter 4?
(d) New York.
14. Who does Nathan ask to drop him off in town?
(b) No one.
15. What does Hope call Amy in Chapter 4?
(b) Secret lover.
(c) Home wrecker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Amy's wool cap?
2. How much is the royalty check that Lonoff receives in Chapter 4?
3. How does Amy burn her arm where her concentration camp number is?
4. What time does Lonoff leave his house to drive to New York in Chapter 3?
5. In what month were the Franks' whereabouts betrayed?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)