|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Hope's coat?
2. How long was Amy in a coma?
3. Why did she change her name?
(a) To disguise her identity.
(b) To forget her life.
(c) To confuse people.
(d) To get away from her family.
4. What does Hope call Amy in Chapter 4?
(b) Home wrecker.
(d) Secret lover.
5. What theater does Amy go to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Cort Theatre.
(b) The Rialto Theatre.
(c) The Steppenwolf Theatre.
(d) The Paramount Theatre.
6. What disease did most people in the camps die of, according to Amy?
7. How many people were together in the attic rooms in the Amsterdam building?
8. How many other people does a secretary represent to Lonoff?
9. Who does Nathan tell Amy she looks like in Chapter 4?
(c) Anne Frank.
10. What does Hope say Lonoff loves in Chapter 4?
11. In what country was Amy/Anne supposed to reunite with her family?
(d) New Zealand.
12. What was the first title of the published diary?
(a) The Space Below.
(b) The House Behind.
(c) The Ground Underneath.
(d) The Room Upstairs.
13. What does Amy say Lonoff has been named when she sees the foreign postmark?
(a) A knight.
(b) A prince.
(c) A king.
(d) A Brahman.
14. What does Amy say has to happen "there" in the theater?
(a) The women yell.
(b) The women scream.
(c) The women cry.
(d) The women laugh.
15. Why is Amy in a hotel room?
(a) She is in hiding.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She is scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amy feel responsible to in Chapter 3?
2. When did Amy change her name from Anne to Amy?
3. How long has Lonoff been with Hope?
4. Where does Hope say she is going?
5. What did the nurses call Amy?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)