|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many books does Lonoff have on the paperback book racks?
2. How many floors up is Amy in the hotel?
3. What does Lonoff think he does too much of in Chapter 4?
4. What does Amy wrap herself in on the bed in Chapter 3?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Lonoff's arms.
(c) The sheets.
(d) A coat.
5. What did Nathan go the previous night without in Chapter 4?
6. In what month did Amy/Anne last see her mother?
7. What does Amy call her father?
8. Why does Hope apologize to Amy in Chapter 4?
(a) For not saying hello.
(b) For embarrassing her.
(c) For reading the letter.
(d) For kicking her out.
9. Why did she change her name?
(a) To forget her life.
(b) To disguise her identity.
(c) To get away from her family.
(d) To confuse people.
10. What is Hope trying to leave?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her teachers.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her friends.
11. To what writer does Nathan compare Anne Frank?
(a) No one.
12. What magazine does Amy see her father in?
(b) Good Housekeeping.
13. How many people were together in the attic rooms in the Amsterdam building?
14. What does Hope call Amy in Chapter 4?
(b) Home wrecker.
(d) Secret lover.
15. Why is Amy in a hotel room?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is in hiding.
(d) She is tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
2. What is Hope carrying when she comes down the stairs?
3. Where did Amy come to New York from?
4. How long has Amy's father thought her to be dead in Chapter 3?
5. How does Amy tell Nathan she missed the war?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)