|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nathan ask to drop him off in town?
(d) No one.
2. Why does Lonoff say Hope is upset?
(a) Because she is jealous.
(b) Because they had visitors.
(c) Because she is scared.
(d) Because she is tired.
3. Where is Amy when she finds her father?
(a) The theatre.
(b) The library.
(c) The dentist.
(d) The doctor.
4. Why does Nathan want to stay after Lonoff leaves the room in Chapter 4?
(a) To say goodbye.
(b) To get Lonoff's advice.
(c) To kiss Hope.
(d) To move in with Lonoff.
5. What did Amy want in the room she runs to after the play?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A television.
(d) A table.
6. What does Hope say Amy thinks it will be the religion of at the house?
7. How long did Amy spend with foster families?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three months.
8. In what country was Amy/Anne supposed to reunite with her family?
(b) New Zealand.
9. Where did Amy come to New York from?
(c) Washington, DC.
10. What time does Lonoff leave his house to drive to New York in Chapter 3?
(a) 7 pm.
(b) 10 pm.
11. Who is Anne's older sister?
12. How long has Lonoff been with Hope?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 20 years.
13. Where do people think Anne died?
14. What story does the mean letter reference in Chapter 4?
(b) Higher Education.
(c) The Ghost Writer.
(d) Aspects of Writing.
15. How many times does Amy read the diary?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope apologize to Amy in Chapter 4?
2. How many floors up is Amy in the hotel?
3. What does Lonoff think he does too much of in Chapter 4?
4. How much is the royalty check that Lonoff receives in Chapter 4?
5. What does Amy say she has to be to everyone?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)