|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the youth that writes Lonoff from overseas?
2. Who slams the bedroom door in Chapter 4?
3. Who is Miss Giddings?
(a) Amy's cousin.
(b) Amy's aunt.
(c) Amy's mother.
(d) Amy's teacher.
4. How many books does Lonoff have on the paperback book racks?
5. Who does Nathan imagine telling his parents he is marrying in Chapter 4?
(a) Anne Frank.
(b) Amy Bellette.
(d) Hope Lonoff.
6. What did the nurses call Amy?
(a) Graceful Cutie.
(b) Tiny Dancer.
(c) Little Beauty.
(d) Anne Frank.
7. Why does Nathan want to stay after Lonoff leaves the room in Chapter 4?
(a) To say goodbye.
(b) To get Lonoff's advice.
(c) To move in with Lonoff.
(d) To kiss Hope.
8. How does Amy burn her arm where her concentration camp number is?
(a) With an iron.
(b) With a match.
(c) With a pot.
(d) With the stove.
9. What does Lonoff throw out in the morning in Chapter 4?
(a) His typewriter.
(b) His paper.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His razor blade.
10. In what month did Amy/Anne last see her mother?
11. What theater does Amy go to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Cort Theatre.
(b) The Rialto Theatre.
(c) The Steppenwolf Theatre.
(d) The Paramount Theatre.
12. What color is Amy's wool cap?
13. Where does Lonoff's overseas letter come from?
(a) New Dehli.
14. What frightened Amy about the play?
(a) The story.
(b) The set.
(c) The actors.
(d) The women watching it.
15. How many other people does a secretary represent to Lonoff?
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does Amy see her father in?
2. Who does Nathan tell Amy she looks like in Chapter 4?
3. How long was Amy in a coma?
4. When did Amy change her name from Anne to Amy?
5. Where do people think Anne died?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)