|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Amy change her name from Anne to Amy?
(a) When she was born.
(b) At the theatre.
(c) After the war.
(d) Before the war.
2. What does Amy say Lonoff has been named when she sees the foreign postmark?
(a) A Brahman.
(b) A king.
(c) A knight.
(d) A prince.
3. How long was Amy in a coma?
4. What does Hope call Amy in Chapter 4?
(a) Home wrecker.
(c) Secret lover.
5. What did the nurses call Amy?
(a) Graceful Cutie.
(b) Anne Frank.
(c) Little Beauty.
(d) Tiny Dancer.
6. In what country was Amy/Anne supposed to reunite with her family?
(d) New Zealand.
7. What play has Amy come to New York to see?
(a) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
(b) As Bees In Honey Drown.
(c) The Diary of Anne Frank.
8. At breakfast, Nathan references Henry James' line, "the consequences of his" what?
9. What does Lonoff not see when he is walking?
10. Why is Amy in a hotel room?
(a) She is in hiding.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is sleeping.
11. How long did the Franks live in the Amsterdam building?
(a) 36 months.
(b) 25 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 18 months.
12. How old is Amy's father now?
13. What book does Amy get the name Bellette from?
(b) Higher Education.
(c) The Giver.
(d) Little Women.
14. In what month were the Franks' whereabouts betrayed?
15. What did Nathan go the previous night without in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the family to be transported to Auschwitz?
2. Where does Hope say she is going?
3. What does Hope say Lonoff loves in Chapter 4?
4. In what month did Amy/Anne last see her mother?
5. Why does Lonoff say Hope is upset?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)